Author Topic: The noob moments...  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
The noob moments...
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
..I remember when I started AHII back in 06 I was just learning all the ins and outs of the game, I was constantly being BnZ back to hell, and somehow my P51 was never faster than the other P51.

I remember one night, our country was about to win...all we needed was one more base and that would reset the map. I upped with about 6 other C47s to head over and just swarm the town with troops. The enemy was fighting back hard, a group of Me-262s upped from the base and ran to get speed. I didn't have a mic at this point in time so I was unable to talk. I heard over mission Vox that 5 Me-262s were coming in fast heading straight for the C47s, the C47s broke up and spread like cockroaches in the light. Two of the 262s were shot down from the guys flying in from the moon, the other 3 managed to pull away. They did not go after me first so i kept on pushing towards the base, we were now about half a sector away...the base was in view. About 3 minutes later I get a TON of Check6's and I see 2 me262s coming up and behind me...gaining fast. I hit the wep key to just buy a few more seconds...my heart was pounding...I then realized i was the only C47 left out of the group that took off...it was up to me. When they got 1K away I chopped throttle and nosed down as hard as I could...redded out, I understood I could only do this for 5 seconds or so cause I was already at 4K when I nosed down. I didn't hear any pings after 3 or 4 seconds so I pulled up and saw the 262s turning around for another pass...I kept trucking along towards the base low and fast (or slow)...only about 2 minutes away now...The 262s line back up behind me at 3K and are closing fast...I had no room to manuver now...I was dead. Well thank goodness for the spacemen! 5 P51s dived down on the 2 262s and made small work of them...I was free to capture the base...the winning capture.

This was only my 3rd day online, but I was confident...I knew how to release troops and at what ALT to drop em out....BUT......I did not know that you had to drop them on the town...... :uhoh

I get to the base and I release the troops over the field...then the range vox went nuts

"WHO DROPPED THE TROOPS ON THE BASE!!???"

"ON THE TOWN IDIOT! ON THE TOWN!!"

"WHO IS THAT GUY??""

I augered as soon as they asked who I was...I felt so embarrised....

Noob moments are a classic....

I want to invite everyone to tell about their noob moments in time  :D

It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
Re: The noob moments...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »
Im about a month into the game and i finally start getting decent kills.

I finally get enough perkies to get a 262 and it started down the runway very slowly.

I take off and I turned around and hit autoclimb and i went face first into the ground.

I was horrified and i quit the game for a week before coming back and turning my attention on bombers.

That was a horrifying experience too as i couldnt get the bombsite to work properly.

so yeah i sucked back then but i am finally decent.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
Sh*t, been playing since 05 and still learning.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »
Hands up who crashed their first 262 while trying to vultch a plane taking off from a runway. :aok

I logged off in a hump after woulds and swore never to play AH2 again, I was on again the next day ofc. :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:17:50 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 08:20:15 PM »
"The noob moments..."
Every time I take off. :(

Kazaa, I augered my first 50ft off the runway and died. Disco'd the second and rammed into an afk b17 the third. :cry :lol
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
Squad decides to a 262 run... We spawn 6 x 262's on the runway..

Knights win the war... 6 262's die in their ack.. LOL
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
Well the first thing I flew was a P-38. Since I still could not figure out how to change bases I flew for 20min only to encounter a 190. We circled each other for sometime trying to get on the others 6 O'clock. I ended up crashing into the mountain in the process. Then I took another plane and flew from the furthest base again, then I probably got shot down.
Thous were my 2 first sorties of Aces High II
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »
...I remember when I started AHII back in 06 I was just learning all the ins and outs of the game, I was constantly being BnZ back to hell, and somehow my P51 was never faster than the other P51.

I remember that as well. If it was a vet, musta pissed him off to have a newb escape from him.

I logged off in a hump after woulds and swore never to play AH2 again, I was on again the next day ofc. :D

My first time in a 262, I discoed 10 secs after take off. I too swore to quit playing, and ended up back on in 3 hrs. but I just ended up steering clear of the perked fighters other then the hawgs.

I was horrified and i quit the game for a week before coming back and turning my attention on bombers.

That was a horrifying experience too as i couldnt get the bombsite to work properly.

Damn, I got a newb in charge of my bombers...
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 08:39:42 PM »
Thats why i call my bomber missions "Gunship Missions"

I cant hit anything but fighters in my bombers.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
Lol, I remember when me and ace buzzed a tower in an enemy base on a gunship mission. i got me 4 manned AAA kills.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
..I remember when I started AHII back in 06 I was just learning all the ins and outs of the game, I was constantly being BnZ back to hell, and somehow my P51 was never faster than the other P51.

II hit the wep key to just buy a few more seconds...my heart was pounding...I then realized i was the only C47 left out of the group that took off...it was up to me.

C47's have WEP?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
Bruv119, my good friend and squad C.O never ceases to amaze me. After almost 5 years playing AH2 he just realized that you could use instant views, before that he was flying constantly in low visual range for about 2 and a half years and of course I got the blame for not mentioning the information to him sooner.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »
first 262 i flew, I compressed  and lawndarted in the middle of enmy field, had to be alot of people shaking thier heads or laughing. :joystick:
Cattb
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
when did this happen? cause I remember someone pulling something simmilar with a 163.