Author Topic: Surviving the MA lonewolf  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: Surviving the MA lonewolf
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2009, 07:58:58 PM »
To me the 'timid' pilot is the one that just doesn't want to fight, not how they fight.  The player that runs from an enagement and then only comes back into the fight to pick when the other player is already engaged in another fight is an example of a timid pilot.  The pilot that comes in on the merge with guns firing and then runs for home or help, that's another example of a timid pilot.  Basically, any enagement that the player avoids that may result in the player being shot down.

ack-ack

You bet

I tend to bristle when someone equates E fighting or BnZ  to timid. I'll grant that there are guys who sit on a  perch and will not engage in anything that  you or I'd consider a fight. These guys certainly are timid.

My perception of Shuffler's posts is that he thinks anyone who fights in the vert "BnZ" is timid and I take umbrage at that.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »
There is where you missed it completely.

I said they won't fight. You were defending that type play or lack thereof. You were also saying that folks that fight are the same way... made absolutely no sense.

Your chatting privs are suspended for 2 seconds.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
I never realized how immature steve is....  just too funny.

:rofl

I'll tell you steve... if your SA is bad then stay high, stay fast, and look for those already commited. Pretty easy stuff there. That is why nimble posted this to the new folks.

Your complex reminds me of the kid is a leather jacket and sunglasses... sitting on his tricycle.

Geesh get over it. You obviously have not read what I posted.  :rofl

Oh yeah one other thing... score means nothing here in AH.   :cheers:

You personal attacks aside(what took you so long?)   Both my post and the OP's post make mention of the need for Good SA so you are in no position to talk about who read what.    Once again you put your style of play as somehow better than another. To be successful in either, you have to possess much of the same skill set.

I'll break it to you again, and as gently as I can: Circle fighting requires no more skill or SA than E fighting.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2009, 08:04:43 PM »
lol well you don't have to worry since I never see you in the game. I don't fly that high.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
lol well you don't have to worry since I never see you in the game. I don't fly that high.

LOL.   Keep taking shots from your uninformed position.  This way, I won't have to put forth any effort to make you look foolish, you'll do it all on your own.    :aok

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
It depends on what  your flying. If your flying an N1K and won't TnB anyone and insist on BnZing or slashing by a 400+ mph, then yes, they are timid. But a P-51 refusing to turnfight a zeke isn't timid.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »
LOL.   Keep taking shots from your uninformed position.  This way, I won't have to put forth any effort to make you look foolish, you'll do it all on your own.    :aok

There you go... keep looking down on us. You have to be used to that by now.  :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »
I know.

Lay on the couch and talk to this guy  :old:

He can help you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »
Lay on the couch and talk to this guy  :old:

He can help you.

dude you're nonsensical. 

I'll keep having fun in the game, you go ahead and tell others they aren't having fun.    :lol

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
I'll do you one better nimble. Count the red guys, don't count the green guys, when you're figuring the odds. Unless there is alot more green than red, then count your chances of being the one to bag the red guy as nil and move on.

In my experience, it is just too darn hard for multiples with an E advantage to use you for bnz target practice with little chance of returning the favor. Then there is also the fact that no MA crowd is made up of one type...basically you can expect there to be much faster AND much more maneuverable craft in every crowd just salivating to put their one-two on you.

When I win EVERY 1v1 with whoever in whatever, then I'll deliberately start hunting 1v2s and greater. :devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
dude you're nonsensical. 

I'll keep having fun in the game, you go ahead and tell others they aren't having fun.    :lol

HAHA and you call me nonsensical.... most of your posts here have been offbase. All because your lack of reading other's posts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
When I win EVERY 1v1 with whoever in whatever, then I'll deliberately start hunting 1v2s and greater. :devil

Well put.

Steve, you're never going to get anywhere with him.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »
HAHA and you call me nonsensical.... most of your posts here have been offbase. All because your lack of reading other's posts.

Well now you're talking in circles, just how you fly.    :lol

I am pretty sure why you put down anyone who doesn't fly in circles. By telling the world that it's not the kills, it's the fights, and by telling them that turning in circles is so much better than BnZ, you've got a built in excuse for your frequent deaths and infrequent kills in the game.  You can go straight to the: "I was turnfighting and got picked" book of excuses. WTG.

Again, you should take your own advice: Score doesn't matter.   Having fun matters. Keep judging, I'll keep having fun.   :aok

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »
I'll do you one better nimble. Count the red guys, don't count the green guys, when you're figuring the odds. Unless there is alot more green than red, then count your chances of being the one to bag the red guy as nil and move on.

In my experience, it is just too darn hard for multiples with an E advantage to use you for bnz target practice with little chance of returning the favor. Then there is also the fact that no MA crowd is made up of one type...basically you can expect there to be much faster AND much more maneuverable craft in every crowd just salivating to put their one-two on you.

TBH being outnumbered doesn't bother me if I have some E. I often feint a pass/dive on one "juicy" target like a low p47, 110, or other ride that people normally pick out as an easy kill when I am really after a dangerous plane to me(109, la7, spit16, p51). I always target the planes that can build E quickly or have a high top end speed first, starting with the one with the most stored/kinetic E first. This is where the seperation comes into play I talk about originally. I'll lead that target away from the pack and engage in a 1v1 if possible.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.