Author Topic: Scoring question  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Scoring question
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:01 AM »
Compose a letter to HTC and tell them I bomb strats and you dont like it.  :neener:

Better yet call them and get immediate satisfaction.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 04:26:34 AM »
Wondering if there is a way to make it so that running resupply with an M3, LVT or Goon would not count against your score.  As it is if you run some supplies out with an M3 or LVT it counts as a vehicle sortie. A Goon counts as a bomber sortie.  Seems like the Kill per Sortie data would be skewed.

Just wondering.

I ran supps in bomber category a few times... hasnt hurt my score yet.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2009, 07:42:41 AM »
Quote from: badhorse on November 07, 2009, 06:09:38 PM
Wondering if there is a way to make it so that running resupply with an M3, LVT or Goon would not count against your score

To get back to the original post. I dont know if anyones mentioned it or not yet. But if memory serves correct. When you run GV supplies out to people. you actually get points each time someone picks them up before you end mission or get killed.

This I think actually helps your "score"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »
I think what he is talking about is the damage per sortie and kills per sortie (for vehicles) and those will drop on a sortie where you resupply but usually over the course of events it evens out.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2009, 12:21:29 PM »
I'm curious why anyone would concern themselves about score. Some here think we should WIN ZEE WARZZZZZZ!

:joystick:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »
I'm curious why anyone would concern themselves about score. Some here think we should WIN ZEE WARZZZZZZ!

I am also curious if the 'bombing strat for score' anti-argument is going to continue once it becomes a more viable part of the game and part of the 'win-the-war' strategy.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2009, 03:03:19 PM »
My real concern is that I have at least one base available to up my B-38
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »
Not if Rod gets his way. All the strat bombers will be hitting your fields and killing your ords and closing all your hangars. No more fighting allowed!

:old:

Offline dirtydog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »
rods harmless he's a midwar farm boy .....his bark is worst then his bite
82nd FG Homepage

Dirtydog- 82nd Fighter Group
~97th Fighter Squadron~

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:49 PM »
rods harmless he's a midwar farm boy .....his bark is worst then his bite

Whats his handle online? I never see him flying.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
Not that I can understand what you are saying or anything (again) but I think your supporting argument isnt doing your argument any good. YOU said you want people to drop hangars instead of strat which makes YOU the anti-fighter 'donk' (as you put it). My argument is to use the bombers as they were designed and historically used which would be against strats and not hangars and at high alt and not NOE (which you admit doing yourself).

I am a purist and you are a gamer and I will always prefer my way to yours.  :neener:

Sorry you lost the argument better luck next time.  :old:

NOE's DID happen. Can't get past that. And really untill we get the strats directly linked to how much supps bases get, strat bombing is almost pointless. By that I mean an ord factory with 66% of its factorys destroyed can only deliver 34% of the ususal ord.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »
Really? NOEs happened? Name a battle in the Pacific where troops were deployed around an airfirled with AAA defense and an NOE attack came in dropped ten troops and captured the airfeild and island.

Its not the same my friend. NOE in AHII is a way to avoid defenders and stop the fight by winning the map and thats all.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
My point is that B-25's (and lancasters once I belive) flew at low level and droped bombs.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »
My point is that B-25's (and lancasters once I belive) flew at low level and droped bombs.

Try looking up Ploesti.. read what happened to them during that raid.

See Rule #4

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »
Still happened. You can't get around that fact regardless of how you look at it.