Author Topic: Pigs on the Wing - fear the force :)  (Read 10037 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Re: Pigs on the Wing - fear the force :)
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »
You have the gull to approach anyone about "proper Grammar and Literature"...
Gull?
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2009, 01:39:39 PM »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
Gull?

gull (gŭl)
n.
A person who is easily tricked or cheated; a dupe.

tr.v., gulled, gull·ing, gulls.
To deceive or cheat.

You have the deceive to approach anyone about "proper Grammar and Literature" when you cannot spell 9th grade words?   

You have the cheat to approach anyone about "proper Grammar and Literature" when you cannot spell 9th grade words?

:rofl 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:54:50 PM by TnDep »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2009, 02:03:28 PM »
gull (gŭl)
n.
A person who is easily tricked or cheated; a dupe.

tr.v., gulled, gull·ing, gulls.
To deceive or cheat.

You have the deceive to approach anyone about "proper Grammar and Literature" when you cannot spell 9th grade words?   

You have the cheat to approach anyone about "proper Grammar and Literature" when you cannot spell 9th grade words?

:rofl 

(Image removed from quote.)

Thank goodness for cut and paste. My 5 yr old nephew wanted me to ask when you will publish your next poem. He likes rap and is willing to help with the ryhming thing.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
And so this is why our high school graduates rank about 30th in the world and need remedial help in basic english lit and math when they enter college if at all anymore. Half of our college Sr.'s fail basic world geography test's and don't know the difference between Shakespear or Chaucer. I could have used Old English\ Saxon. Yes shuffler a 5yr old is about right. You do not even recognise Shakespearian or Chaucerian meter when its spoken to you. A 5 year old will agree with anything you say because supposidly you are it's authority figure. A 5 year old did not read nor understand the parenthetic structures, historical refrences and mythlogical refrences in my choice of imagery. Chaucer wrote in Old English or Saxon. There are no modern romantic language idiums so everything is litteral.

Modern English: Why hide behind a 5 year old?  Old English: 5 year old behind hide why?

Do you know what style Cato the Elder spoke in without using an Internet search engine? Or even who Cato the Elder was? Do you know who Nix is? No 5 year old does nor do I think you do either without hiding behind a search engine.

How do you know. Seems your assuming alot and you know what that does.

My youngest is at A&M right now. I can tell you most professors are teaching because they do not have the ability to make it in the real world. That is at any school.

Your idea of intelligence does not necessarily fly anywhere else.

Tell you what... send me a flat layout of a square to round 1/4" stainless round is 16" od square end is 32 x 32 and it is 24" tall. I'll let you know how smart you assume you are.

By the way... in my business some of the most ignorant are college grads. Also when you have the time to read above you'll find I said nothing of a 5 year old.

As you can probably tell I can't stand ignorance. Made all the more worse by someone who thinks they are intelligent.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »
Thank goodness for cut and paste. My 5 yr old nephew wanted me to ask when you will publish your next poem. He likes rap and is willing to help with the ryhming thing.

The 5 year old thing is getting old, can you not bear up and talk for yourself  :rofl

You know whats worse, when your 5 year old is no where around and you say "My 5yr nephew wanted me to ask, when will you publish your next poem." 

Let your 5 year old nephew know I helped you with your grammar, you might pass School after all! 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:26:18 PM by TnDep »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2009, 02:24:12 PM »
Three things:

1.)  You never begin a sentence with the word "and".  
2.)  It's "idiom"

3.)  You have the gull to approach anyone about "proper Grammar and Literature" when you cannot spell 9th grade words?  

You missed a couple.

Gall
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

The 5 year old thing is getting old, can you not bear up and talk for yourself  :rofl

You know whats worse, when your 5 year old is no where around and you say "My 5yr nephew wanted me to ask, when will you publish your next poem." 

But tell him that I helped you with your grammar, you might pass School after all! 

You're obviously new and don't know I have no problem speaking for myself. He was curious why I was laughing and reads well for his age. I'm sorry if his critique upsets you, but ya your poetry sucks. :P

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
You're obviously new and don't know I have no problem speaking for myself. He was curious why I was laughing and reads well for his age. I'm sorry if his critique upsets you, but ya your poetry sucks. :P

His critique didn't upset me, the poem was meant for laughter w/porkskins aka POTW.  I'm sure you and your 5 year old got that though  :)  I don't think anyone on Aces High makes a living by poetry including myself so no one said I was any good including myself  :aok

~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »
I've been offered large sums of money to write poetry... umm I mean not write it.

Same goes for singing.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
I've been offered large sums of money to write poetry... umm I mean not write it.

Do it, maybe you can help bustr along with his Reading Comprehension skills. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »

I do sing for a living  :noid  :bolt:
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »
Thanks for the help with grammar and passing school, even though I graduated 34 yrs ago, it's never too late to learn :D

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
My 5 yr old nephew.... He likes rap
I'm terribly sorry.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
Thanks for the help with grammar and passing school, even though I graduated 34 yrs ago, it's never too late to learn :D

Thats very true, keep your smile and keep kicking!
~XO Top Gun~ Retired