Author Topic: Credit for kills  (Read 1672 times)

Offline BirdDog

• Zinc Member
Credit for kills
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »
I shoot down a c47 with a hurri.   i got no credit for it.  Why.   Also what does it mean when someone steals my sheep?
Tick
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Credit for kills
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
I shoot down a c47 with a hurri.   i got no credit for it.  Why.   Also what does it mean when someone steals my sheep?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:04:59 AM »
I shot down a B-26 and just got a assist.  Nobody was around but me at the time. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
I shot down a B-26 and just got a assist.  Nobody was around but me at the time. 

Did it ever occur to you he may have been engaged and damaged before you got to him?
How long you been playing this game now?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:34:12 AM »
I tried to steal Stang's kill last night.  He left a perfectly good Seafire floating back down to earth with no tail, i nailed it and exploded him, expecting a text book BK kill steal - nothing.  I didn't get kill, no assist, no tears from Stang...  The system needs fixing.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:36:36 AM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
I tried to steal Stang's kill last night.  He left a perfectly good Seafire floating back down to earth with no tail, i nailed it and exploded him, expecting a text book BK kill steal - nothing.  I didn't get kill, no assist, no tears from Stang...  The system needs fixing.

LOL in case you're not joking...

Among the changes for version 2.16 Patch 0

•Changed plane damage scoring so that any further damage that is done after a critical component is destroyed
  is not counted towards the scoring of the kill and assists. Critical components are as follows:
  complete (not partial) wing loss on one side, loss of all horizontal stabilizers,
  loss of all vertical stabilizers, loss of rear fuselage, and fuel fires.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »

Tragic. I quit if it's not fixed.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
LOL in case you're not joking...

Among the changes for version 2.16 Patch 0

•Changed plane damage scoring so that any further damage that is done after a critical component is destroyed
  is not counted towards the scoring of the kill and assists. Critical components are as follows:
  complete (not partial) wing loss on one side, loss of all horizontal stabilizers,
  loss of all vertical stabilizers, loss of rear fuselage, and fuel fires.

For someone that hasn't played in a long time, these changes came as a horrible, horrible surprise.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »
For someone that hasn't played in a long time, these changes came as a horrible, horrible surprise.

Don't worry, you can still HO people then whine when you get HO'ed back!   :)   :lol  :neener:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »

Why horrible? IF you shoot a planes wing off or tail off the noob thief cant steal the kill. Its all win/win.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »
Glad to see the squadron Intelligence Officer's job has been made easier through the elimination of doubt who got the victory.

'A third of a kill, laddie, a third.'  ;)
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 05:23:38 PM »
Why horrible? IF you shoot a planes wing off or tail off the noob thief cant steal the kill. Its all win/win.
Because it is well known that 64.62% (give or take) of Furball's lifetime kills are at the expense of his squadmates, with a further 28.37% (give or take) stolen from the AH population at large.

The remaining 7.01% (approximately) of his kills are proxies awarded when one of his squadmates ram-tards a buff and disintegrates before the kill is awarded.

It's true, I swear.

:noid
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 05:32:34 PM »
Did it ever occur to you he may have been engaged and damaged before you got to him?
How long you been playing this game now?

i was above the field by my self when he took off.  No friendly GVs or other AC besides me.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »
i was above the field by my self when he took off.  No friendly GVs or other AC besides me.
He probably thought someone else should get the kill.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »
Because it is well known that 64.62% (give or take) of Furball's lifetime kills are at the expense of his squadmates, with a further 28.37% (give or take) stolen from the AH population at large.

The remaining 7.01% (approximately) of his kills are proxies awarded when one of his squadmates ram-tards a buff and disintegrates before the kill is awarded.

It's true, I swear.

:noid
If you only knew how close that was. ;) :noid
See Rule #4