Author Topic: Scotland 9 Australia 8  (Read 600 times)

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
Scotland 9 Australia 8
« on: November 22, 2009, 02:30:21 AM »
WTFG Scotland.

27 yeas since we beat Australia at rugby and, you know what, if it takes an English coach to do it, I can live with that. The true test is against Argentina next week, but in the mean time, GIRFUY's Australia.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Scotland 9 Australia 8
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 03:10:49 AM »
it is a testament to how well australia have done at cricket and rugby.  For years and years they dominated and have now finally let it slip.  I guess they got tired of winning   :D

maybe they need an english coach too  :lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 03:47:25 AM »
We want to encourage other countries to have a go.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 05:54:50 AM »
WTFG Scotland.

27 yeas since we beat Australia at rugby and, you know what, if it takes an English coach to do it, I can live with that. The true test is against Argentina next week, but in the mean time, GIRFUY's Australia.

The true test is the New Zealand All Blacks - hardly Argentina, and hardly a misfiring Australia

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 06:11:40 AM »
Congrats Scotland!

Even though I'm an American, Rugby is my favorite sport. I played 11 years of American Football and loved it.
Then one day I discovered the Air Force Base I was stationed at had a Rugby team. I joined the team and for the next 6 years I had more fun than I ever had playing American Football. I know everyone has opinions, my opinion is that Rugby is the greatest sport in the world. I wish it got more attention here in the states.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »
Never heard of rugby until I went to college. Played 4 years for WVU. I ended up playing all 15 positions at least once with 8 man being my favorite and the position I made the league all-star team at. It is truly a beautiful sport to watch and an even better one to play.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 11:37:18 AM »
Would anyone mind if England had an english coach? (or at least one who knows what they are doing, which would be nice).

That said, saw a bit to encourage me in the match against the all blacks.

Wurzel (loves rugby, hates football (uk version only))
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »
Never heard of rugby until I went to college. Played 4 years for WVU. I ended up playing all 15 positions at least once with 8 man being my favorite and the position I made the league all-star team at. It is truly a beautiful sport to watch and an even better one to play.

LOL I played 8 man one game, I didn't care for it. My first four years I was Wing Forward #7 or Flanker as they call it in the UK I believe. I also played Inside Center # 12 occasionally.
The last two years I played Tight Head Prop #3. I was on a military team Davis Monthan RFC. We played in the club league in Arizona as well as the Military schedule we even played some of the PAC 10 collgege teams mainly UofA and ASU although I do remember playing against USC and one of the other California colleges. We also played BYU and the USAF Academy You're right Becinhu, it's a fantastic sport.  :aok Funny thing while I was stationed in England I played American Football I had to come back to the states to pick up Rugby. I always regreted not getting involved in it while I was in the UK.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 11:44:23 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
I played 2nd row right up to county level where we won the National Schoolboys Cup, then the coaches made me choose between Rugby and Football.

This result surprised me greatly. Scotland have come a long way since the last time I saw them play.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 12:27:42 PM »
The true test is the New Zealand All Blacks - hardly Argentina, and hardly a misfiring Australia

Tronsky

Sorry, let me rephrase. The true test for Scotland is the game against Argentina. If we beat Argentina, that will be progress from where we were at the World Cup. Yesterday's result was great, but it was a bit of a fluke. On another day we would have lost by 20+ points.

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »
Is there any reliable rugby television coverage in the States?

Or, a web site that announces when rugby will be on television?

HONK!
Gooss
2nd Row 1973-77
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »
Well done the Sweaties, the last 10 minutes or so was great fun (as a nuetral), but my Scottish wife was screaming at the TV.

(I played for 20 years 13-33, at a very lower league level)
Game ID: Blimey

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 01:35:56 PM »
Congrats to Scottland, That means Wooley will be flying real good tonight  :cheers:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
Is there any reliable rugby television coverage in the States?

Or, a web site that announces when rugby will be on television?

HONK!
Gooss
2nd Row 1973-77

There must be, my old man watches all the NZ games over there including provincial stuff.

Oh and LOL @ Australia.

p.s. we don't want dingo deans back after he sung your national anthem.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 04:58:19 PM »
Fox sports sometimes has rugby on late night..at least they used to.

The hardest I ever got hit in any sport was playing against the US Naval Academy.  Scooped up the ball after the scrum and rounded the pack and the opposing 8 absolutely destroyed me. It felt like a semi ran me over.

We also played a local college whose team was 90% Japanese students.  They were completely outsized but had excellent techniques.  It was funny comparing our packs.  Our second rows...6'-3-4" 250lbs. Theirs...6'-0" 170 lbs.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA