Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27655 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
I agree 100% Shuff, that was one of several reasons I left POTW a while back.... I still fly with my old buds from POTW sometimes, but I find myself MUCH happier in the widowmakers, simply a better fit for my playstyle and enjoyment. 

Side switching is VERY fun, get to meet a lot of good folks on each "side".  Not sure why some folks have such "country-centric" view of this game, after all, are we not all here for the same reasons?  The love of aviation, fun, and ww2 era combat/history?

Sol

it took awhile for me to start side switching......but since i have, it's let me "meet" so many more fun people that play this game. makes for another dimension of fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »
And you still miss me you hairless wonder! :x

Waystin, the only guy I know who can cover my 6 with a wirble.. lol

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »

Waystin, the only guy I know who can cover my 6 with a wirble.. lol

know what's funny?

was fighting tike the other night.....him in a yak, me in a 38. he ran for the nearby v-base.........kept the fight in range of the manned gun. dude in the gun couldn't hit my big arsed bomb.......eerr....fighter though.  :banana: :rofl :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2009, 09:39:18 AM »
smackem smackem smackem jaws....
Well school's starting isn't it, here comes the juveniles to smackem. Lay off the sugar boys, you'll live longer.
This thread was supposed to be about Furballers Vs Base Takers, you knobs are the ones that started the drama and smack talk from the first reply, it's all you guys do here and it's impressive if only in it's arrogance and mootness. I've said my peace, frankly the POTW stuff is none of your business to begin with, but again, I'm not the one that started smacking my gums about it here. This thread was intended to be something else entirely, and I honestly don't give a dried rat's turd what you guys think about me, or my squad. Thanks for your slighted and ignorant opinions about it though, I'll be sure to care what YOU think for sure Sunsfan, we all know what an ace you are.  :lol
INK, seraphim would have owned you, you're not all that. Your mediocrity is frustrating for you I guess, but then, you're the one who's obsessed with it.
Don't want you to be late for school boys, run along now.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2009, 10:49:11 AM »
Well school's starting isn't it, here comes the juveniles to smackem. Lay off the sugar boys, you'll live longer.
This thread was supposed to be about Furballers Vs Base Takers, you knobs are the ones that started the drama and smack talk from the first reply, it's all you guys do here and it's impressive if only in it's arrogance and mootness. I've said my peace, frankly the POTW stuff is none of your business to begin with, but again, I'm not the one that started smacking my gums about it here. This thread was intended to be something else entirely, and I honestly don't give a dried rat's turd what you guys think about me, or my squad. Thanks for your slighted and ignorant opinions about it though, I'll be sure to care what YOU think for sure Sunsfan, we all know what an ace you are.  :lol
INK, seraphim would have owned you, you're not all that. Your mediocrity is frustrating for you I guess, but then, you're the one who's obsessed with it.
-Twitchy

:rofl :rofl :rofl

kicked your butt quit easily, and you  had what 2 to 4 friendlies with ya each time :rofl

besides I know I am not "all that... and a bag of chips."   

at least I fight,  even if I know I am not gonna win, I fight till I am dead or they are, you on the other hand could not "fight" your way out of a paper bag.

Sunsfan has more class and dignity  in his little pinky then you will ever have :aok

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
  Your OP had zip to do with Furballers and Base takers.It was just another lame thread,by you,yet again spewing out another curdled dead on arrival attention seeking pile of crap.
 You have made the POTW business everyones business on a regular basis with your attention seeking BS fests and now you have the unmitigated GALL to say "its none of your business"  Oh thats rich. Youve earned your reputation in here.Youve smeared your squad,whom you claim to hold so dearly, with the dreck you roll in almost daily. You classless loser. If you had a shread of decency,you woulda took your lumps when they booted you like that bag of trash you found,but no,your gonna tear it apart. WTG.

The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »
 Your OP had zip to do with Furballers and Base takers.It was just another lame thread,by you,yet again spewing out another curdled dead on arrival attention seeking pile of crap.
 You have made the POTW business everyones business on a regular basis with your attention seeking BS fests and now you have the unmitigated GALL to say "its none of your business"  Oh thats rich. Youve earned your reputation in here.Youve smeared your squad,whom you claim to hold so dearly, with the dreck you roll in almost daily. You classless loser. If you had a shread of decency,you woulda took your lumps when they booted you like that bag of trash you found,but no,your gonna tear it apart. WTG.

(Image removed from quote.)

:aok :aok
could not have said it better myself :aok

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »
As CO of a squad what you say reflects every member of your squad. If your views don't emulate those of your squad, then i think it was time to move on.  

I hope not, or my squad is in big trouble.
:bolt:

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »
This thread was supposed to be about Furballers Vs Base Takers, you knobs are the ones that started the drama and smack talk from the first reply, it's all you guys do here and it's impressive if only in it's arrogance and mootness. I've said my peace, frankly the POTW stuff is none of your business to begin with, but again, I'm not the one that started smacking my gums about it here. This thread was intended to be something else entirely, and I honestly don't give a dried rat's turd what you guys think about me, or my squad. Thanks for your slighted and ignorant opinions about it though, I'll be sure to care what YOU think for sure Sunsfan, we all know what an ace you are.  :lol
-Twitchy

Haha, charade you are. :rock

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »
Gentelmen,

1. At the moment this is the only forum Twitchy has to speak for himself about an issue he feels strongly about in the hopes another party might be following it. This is a Catch-22 that I respect Twitchy is caught in. All of us know historicly the AH Forum is the wrong place to air personal and squad issues. Management has been very kind to not step in yet as everyone has been warned over the years they will with prejudice. We owe it to our community and guests to get past this quickly. Right now we all are looking kind of silly on the Oprah meter.

2. There are exactly 2 people who can resolve this issue if it is ever to be resolved. This Forum is not, nor ever will be the location for that resolution. None of us in this audience are principles to the final resolution how ever it plays out. This is a personal issue between Twitchy and no one on this Forum.

3. The longer this carries on here at the AH Forum, the more people will get dragged in and peoples feelings will be hurt aside from the normal Forum bantor. It is human nature to get caught up in emotional issues while personaly identifying with aspects of the story that ring true to incidents in your own past. That is not what this game is about gentelmen...........Please let this thread go before it spirals out of control and HiTech performs an intervention.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
Gentelmen,

1. At the moment this is the only forum Twitchy has to speak for himself about an issue he feels strongly about in the hopes another party might be following it. This is a Catch-22 that I respect Twitchy is caught in. All of us know historicly the AH Forum is the wrong place to air personal and squad issues. Management has been very kind to not step in yet as everyone has been warned over the years they will with prejudice. We owe it to our community and guests to get past this quickly. Right now we all are looking kind of silly on the Oprah meter.

2. There are exactly 2 people who can resolve this issue if it is ever to be resolved. This Forum is not, nor ever will be the location for that resolution. None of us in this audience are principles to the final resolution how ever it plays out. This is a personal issue between Twitchy and no one on this Forum.

3. The longer this carries on here at the AH Forum, the more people will get dragged in and peoples feelings will be hurt aside from the normal Forum bantor. It is human nature to get caught up in emotional issues while personaly identifying with aspects of the story that ring true to incidents in your own past. That is not what this game is about gentelmen...........Please let this thread go before it spirals out of control and HiTech performs an intervention.

IF HIS  issue is with one person, and he cannot go into the potw private forum, then he should have taken it to pm.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »
Gentelmen,

well my opinion of you just went way up, my last post here :aok :salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »
We used to have a squaddie named Seraphim, he played for score, and finished most of his tours with an overall rank in the low 20's, and I never once saw him outside of range channel. He enjoyed flying with the squad, and still managed to become one of the best sticks in the game.

-Twitchy

Seraphim was hardly one of the 'best sticks in the game', far from it actually, very, very, very far from it.  But considering you're using your other PoTW squadron mates as a comparison to come to that conclusion about Seraphim, I can see where you made your mistake.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
I want to ride it! :lol

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:47 PM »
ABout the ORIGINAL topic though...

Neither pure furballing, nor base taking, is what this game is about.
I am MUCH more of a furballer than a base taker, but I will assist in a base capture IF it provides good air to air fights. 
The base taking portion of the game is what drives the combat IMO, and the game would be lessened by the removal of it.  That said, the idea of a horde coming in with 50 guys to smash and grab a base, is incredibly boring.  What's the point?  THis tactic destroys the entire premise of a COMBAT game.  this could be accomplished as easily offline, as online.
The other tactic performed by many "base taking" squads, of dropping all teh fighter hangars int he middle of a great fight, is poor gameplay as well IMO.  Sure, it promotes taking of the base, but it is to the detriment of many who are enjoying the fight.  THere are many other bases aorund which you can go play pork n grab on.  Plus, is it not more satisfying to sneak that goon in with a battle raging overhead and snatch that base out from under the enemy's toes, than to fly a circle over the base while twiddling your toes waiting for the goont o show up?

Again, it boils down to, BOTH sides are right, in that base taking is a force which drives the combat (furball) portion of the game, and to loose either would lessen the game experience as a whole IMO.

Sol

(forgive my typing skillz, or lack thereof, passing a kidney stone, and am allll doped up on percocet)

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life