Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27657 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:00 AM »
What would be a good name for the new squad ?     :devil
OINK

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2009, 03:17:27 AM »
You can make an argument for both sides.  I think it's a given that the members make a squad.  It isn't the squad name that is important but that the members enjoy flying with each other. Twitchy created "Pigs on the Wing" though, the name is his creation.  I don't really know what the solution is tbh, but I see both sides of it.
If he claims it to be his creation wouldnt that be a copyright violation? You listen to Pink flloyd Grizz?  :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2009, 03:35:45 AM »
Roger Waters vs. Pink Floyd meets AHII.

:old: :rock :old: :rock

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »
 Vatti formed The Flying Circus way back when AH started. We have had the same core squad for the most part since then. Vatti took a sabatical to go play WoW for a year or two and when the Squad was deleted after his name was deleted from the banks,we reformed it. He has since came back to fly now and then and never once was it even brought up to give him control of the unit.Hajo took over and reformed it,when Hajo left for a bit Rob reformed it. Hajo came back and it was also never considered.
  Ya see,TFC is a unit.Almost family.We dont have that petty little Its mine its mine bullcrap going on because its OURS.No one runs the squad because we work as a group.
  Take notes Twitchy. It only matters whos in charge if you have ego and maturity issues.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2009, 10:06:24 AM »
Squads are built around their members, not their leadership. A good cohesive squad will instantly rally when a CO becomes unavailable and rebuild. It happened to the 80th once already and our old CO took the chance of returning to a completely different squad. Unfortunately for him, we are still a bunch of augering losers that don't take bases.

Suffice to say, the squad belongs to the members, not the man. More so when the man is vacant for a period of time. Twitchy, let the Pigs have the name and find new people to hang around with and rebuild. You obviously have the experience to recreate a large independently functional squadron, use the experience to improve on your previous design.

Good points Del, but the conditions that you describe don't seem to be the same conditions for POTW.

Twitchy owns the name ... if there is a faction of the current members of the POTW that don't like him or his direction, then they simply withdraw from the POTW and form their own squad with new leadership. That may leave the POTW with 1 member (Twitchy) but he can then try to recruit people that are of the same mindset as him.

Whoever creates a squad name, owns that squad name until that person gives up the name ... pure and simple ... and it doesn't appear that Twitchy is willing to give up the name.

For example ... If yourself, Corky, Shuff, Soulyss, and Silat decided that the original "objective" of the 80th was not to your liking, would you try to oust Mensa, take the squad name, and re-mold the 80th to your collective "objective" ? ... or do you separate yourself from the squad and start your own squad with your new "objective" ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »
Vatti formed The Flying Circus way back when AH started. We have had the same core squad for the most part since then. Vatti took a sabatical to go play WoW for a year or two and when the Squad was deleted after his name was deleted from the banks,we reformed it. He has since came back to fly now and then and never once was it even brought up to give him control of the unit.Hajo took over and reformed it,when Hajo left for a bit Rob reformed it. Hajo came back and it was also never considered.
  Ya see,TFC is a unit.Almost family.We dont have that petty little Its mine its mine bullcrap going on because its OURS.No one runs the squad because we work as a group.
  Take notes Twitchy. It only matters whos in charge if you have ego and maturity issues.

Apples and Oranges ... those COs who departed, passed the torch, and returned ... have only returned to the squad because they agree with the "objective" of the squad. If they didn't, they probably would have not re-joined and either formed their own squad or joined a squad who's objective was more to their liking.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »
Good points Del, but the conditions that you describe don't seem to be the same conditions for POTW.

Twitchy owns the name ... if there is a faction of the current members of the POTW that don't like him or his direction, then they simply withdraw from the POTW and form their own squad with new leadership. That may leave the POTW with 1 member (Twitchy) but he can then try to recruit people that are of the same mindset as him.

Whoever creates a squad name, owns that squad name until that person gives up the name ... pure and simple ... and it doesn't appear that Twitchy is willing to give up the name.

For example ... If yourself, Corky, Shuff, Soulyss, and Silat decided that the original "objective" of the 80th was not to your liking, would you try to oust Mensa, take the squad name, and re-mold the 80th to your collective "objective" ? ... or do you separate yourself from the squad and start your own squad with your new "objective" ?

i would think that if he dissappeared for a year, and the squad disbanded(since the co's account went idle?), and then was reformed under the new co, then the new co owns the name now. he gave it up.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2009, 11:25:28 AM »
Apples and Oranges ... those COs who departed, passed the torch, and returned ... have only returned to the squad because they agree with the "objective" of the squad. If they didn't, they probably would have not re-joined and either formed their own squad or joined a squad who's objective was more to their liking.
I disagree.All we hear from Twitchy is I me mine. There is no we or us to him. In the sence that it sounds like the squad has pretty much stayed the same,it is Twitchy that has changed. I hear people say he was a great guy,and when he came back to the game he acted like he had lost his mind. He no longer fits what the squad perceives to be their role.
 What they do is their business,but he has caused them a LOT of grief,and that is unforgivable.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
all this crap makes me soooooooooooo friggin glad i found the 80th.....or they found me......or somethign like that..............easiest going guys i've met in this game. that's not sayng anything bad about anyone else....just good about them.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
As far as the Squad name goes, that should Go with Twichy out of respect,  They should just start there own squad with a new name and make a name for thereselfs, If Twichy wants to keep his squad name then let him have it, whats the big deal ? Squads have been watching this whole deal unfold,Some have formed there own opinions and hope it gets put to rest "soon". This does no good for the community. Lets hope Adults can act as such. :headscratch:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
http://whois.domaintools.com/pigsonthewing.org

SYKO has owned the domain name since 2003 and the WEB site belongs to him.

Sorry.... forgot they encode the WHOIS Registrarant ID key. Besides paying for his own game account he has shelled out the additional money over the years to keep up the website and domain name. SYKO can do whatever he wants with and deny acces to whom ever with his own WEB site. SYKO is no kid as BiPolar suggests. He is my age and I remember when Mic Jagger was a skinny punk. The current crop of Pigs have never been threatened with expulsion for something that sounds like old fashioned back of the bus descrimination. "Their personal choice of what kind of player they want to be". The only expulsion rule any of them has ever known is no country changing. Other than that, SYKO's motto is: have fun!

Can this thread please die now? Or are you guys just doing the usual and seeing how far you can push Skuzzy before he steps in? This is between Twitchy and SYKO. Not the AH community. Twtichy has real world avenues to contact SYKO. They know each others real names and contact info.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:44:06 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2009, 12:37:15 PM »
Any of you use your PC for anything but this game......... :old:

What does who owns the website have to do with who owns the squad name within the game?  I own the rights to my squad's website but does that mean that I own the squad....NO, absolutely not.  IMO the squad C.O. owns it.  When you are invited to join, it comes up with their name.  Now if said squad C.O. hands it off to someone else, it's the new C.O.'s.  If the C.O. takes a break and leaves it in the hands of a trusted friend and squadmate but still keeps the account and leaves the squad in their name, it's theirs when they get back.  If they hand it off to someone and give that person the name of the squad, then it becomes more of a respect and attitude issue.  Ultimately it's the members of the squad that give it the strength that keeps it going and give the squad a certain reputation.  It's pretty simple.  If you want to be a close knit "family" limit who you bring in, you know the old adage about too many chefs spoiling the soup.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2009, 01:08:56 PM »
I disagree.All we hear from Twitchy is I me mine. There is no we or us to him. In the sence that it sounds like the squad has pretty much stayed the same,it is Twitchy that has changed. I hear people say he was a great guy,and when he came back to the game he acted like he had lost his mind. He no longer fits what the squad perceives to be their role.
 What they do is their business,but he has caused them a LOT of grief,and that is unforgivable.

I don't care what "we" hear from Twitchy ... makes no difference to "us" because we aren't in that squad. He can drive the POTW name into the ground for all I care ... he created it ... he can destroy it.

He started the squad ... he came up with the squad name ... it's his until he gives it up and from what I have read ... he's not giving it up.

Also, from what I have read, Twitchy's intent for the squad was to be a premiere "base taking" squad ... and other posts lead me to believe that a vast majority in the squad want to change the dynamics to a premiere "dog fighting" squad ... so I don't necessarily believe that the "squad" has stayed the same.

If there is a group that want to just "fight" and not "capture" ... then it's time for them to create their own squad.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »
Any of you use your PC for anything but this game......... :old:

That means doodily-squat ... I own the DFC web domain name ... but I don't own, nor rule supreme over the DFC simply because I coughed up the measly $31.00 to create the web domain.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »

We tried a coup d'etat ounce and Mensa fiendishly squashed it with much violence and bloodshed.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.