Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27675 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »
Opinions are fine, seeking answers and sharing wisdom regarding a tricky subject/matter are fine, however very little about this particular thread resembles an open and constructive medium that all members of this community can freely contribute and participate in to resolve an issue.  This thread is nothing but a disquised ploy and last-ditch-effort to gain outside support on a purely inside matter (the direction and goals of our squad).  

So, you're saying Twitchy was NOT the CO for almost a decade?

Also, you're saying that Skuzzy had to replace Syko as the CO of POTW because Twitchy's name was still there?  Once a CO's account goes inactive, the squad is automatically disbanded.  Syko only then needs to send squad invites and have the new squad named the same as was before.

Twitchy hasn't been an active participant in the POTW for many years.  When I first joined POTW I heard rumors that he might pop online once every year or two, but that he was a very rare sight since he originaly had to leave due to RL troubles many years ago.  

His name and legacy though (as the founding leader) has been shared and passed down from pig to pig though, so every active pig in the squad did know of Twitchy and who he was.  He just popped back up a few weeks ago and we of cource scooped him imediatley back up and into our ranks.  However, not much time passed before Twitchy wanted to regain full control of the squad and lead it in a direction he desired.  This disagreed though heavily with a signifigant majority of us pigs (I'm being generous to Twitchy when I say about 9 out of 10 of us silently or vocaly disagreed with Twtichy's intentions).  That's what I know and personaly witnessed.  

If you want details about what happened (from what I was told) about 7-8 years ago, I've only heard it through word of mouth and the grapevine within the squad (the same as most members today), however quite a few pigs that were around back then and who were involved in the actual preservation of the squad are still around and active today.  Drop me a line sometime you have a moment online in the arena Kermit, or stop by the POTW forum and post some questions you have.  This was a long time ago, and I'll tell you what was told me and most of the other pigs, but I'll try my best to get someone who was actually there and involved to answer your questions.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
I've only heard it through word of mouth and the grapevine within the squad (the same as most members today), however quite a few pigs that were around back then and who were involved in the actual preservation of the squad are still around and active today.

Tell me the CPIDs of the players that were "around back then and who were involved" so I can look up what squad they were in at the time.

The ONLY Pigs on the Wing squad that I can find in the AH squad pages, that is older than @ 2yrs, is Twitchy's.

Do tell who was the CO at the time because it wan't any of the current POTW CO's.

Who held the CO spot before Syko. (if there was one)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »
WMlute check pm's.

hehe bravo was editing.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:59:24 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »
Found another POTW CO that I have edited to my post a few above this one.

Geez y'all have gone through a lot of diff. wings and CO's and such.

I now know how someone can make some of the claims I have seen in this thread 'cause I bet most of the POTW don't have a clue about the actual history of their squad.  It is a convoluted mess.

But there has been one CO that has always been the CO of a POTW squad for 7 yrs now.
(and apparently the founder)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:11:35 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »
Do you know why DMGOD is such a nut job?

Do you know why my sig says my in game name?

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »
Do you know why my sig says my in game name?
I assume to let people know you have a different in game name then forum name?

Sorry I still dont follow.
Stodd/ CandyMan

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #337 on: December 03, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »
I assume to let people know you have a different in game name then forum name?

Sorry I still dont follow.

It means that I don't belong to DM's in game.  Your question...
Do you know why DMGOD is such a nut job?
about DMGOD should be directed to someone currently involved with the squad.  I cannot answer it.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »
It means that I don't belong to DM's in game.  Your question...  about DMGOD should be directed to someone currently involved with the squad.  I cannot answer it.
I am aware of that. However that still doesnt mean you may not know why.

a great way to attempt to end the thread
+1
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:20:13 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #339 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »
I am aware of that. However that still doesnt mean you may not know why.

It means I'm not going to comment on it since I'm not in the squad.

As far as talking about another squaddie in the forums...I have done it and don't feel bad about it. 

The difference is that I'd have been a donkey to get upset if people outside the squad got involved after I brought it here.  If you bring it here it gets new life inviting opinion.  Why else bring it here?

:aok

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »
Btw...my monkey would b slap Billy Mays and my dancing bear snacks on cheesehead pus...errr kittens.  :D

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »
Btw...my monkey would b slap Billy Mays and my dancing bear snacks on cheesehead pus...errr kittens.  :D
:furious
Billy Mays practicing his aim. Next time it will be a dancing bear.
Stodd/ CandyMan

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2009, 10:04:51 PM »
So on and so forth...

Youre missing it. 

At the risk of speaking for others incorrectly, I think Im relatively safe in stating that no one really gives a hoot what may or may not be going on inside the inner circle of swinery.

For all the complicated posts and in-depth analysis, the entire thread can be summed up as follows.

1.)  Twiggy starts stupid thread.
2.)  Twiggy makes your (his, whatever) squad look bad by association.
3.)  Twiggy is removed from squad.
4.)  Robin's minstrels are eaten and there is much rejoicing.

If Twiggy's aim was actually to drum up public support, as has been stated, I havent seen a PR job that bad since yesterday; when I got a very nice Email from Joe Biden explaining to me that the "surge" in Afghanistan constituted a clear and focused plan for sucess and, of course, a clean break from "failed Bush policies."

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)Billy Mays practicing his aim. Next time it will be a dancing bear.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)Billy Mays practicing his aim. Next time it will be a dancing bear.
(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl 

This one is going to be close!