Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27654 times)

Offline Taurus45

• Zinc Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2009, 10:11:23 PM »
Not a single reply in regards to the topic or the OP, just all smart aleks and personal attacks. Classy forum you got going here guys, classy. Game's great as always, this forum is another matter. Flame on fellers, this isn't a potw thread, it's about the base takers/furballers debate that is currently raging and IMO breaking the game up. Thanks for replying though, jerks.
Anyways, too many aces and not enough pilots. Team Players are are far and few between and all that's left of us are called toolshedders now. That's sad really. But I think you're going to find a silent majority is still wanting to return to the war and team oriented aspects of the game, more than you think.
-Twitchy

Not having posted in God knows how long I'm sorta outtaDAloop but......MeThinks this argument is an old one :banana: :banana:

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2009, 10:13:55 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl 

This one is going to be close!

C'mon bravoa!  I live on Lake Texoma.  Stodd likes cities that center around Hubs.  C'mon!!!!  :D

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
Twitchy hasn't been an active participant in the POTW for many years.... If you want details about what happened (from what I was told) about 7-8 years ago, I've only heard it through word of mouth and the grapevine

Babalon, I was gone for about a year. Syko has been going on about having run the squad for 9 years, so whatever grapvine you're hearing this through is full of sour grapes. Syko told me when I got back, my squad was going to be there, and there were no problems with my return to command my squad.
As to running the squad in some kind of a new direction, no, all I wanted was our cohesion back, and ONE of the members who isn't who they say they are off the roster. I heard the rumors of this 'list of guys' I was going to boot, and it's rubbish. Just one boot, and he knows who he is.
In fact the ONLY members of this squad who are qualified to comment on our 10 year history with any credibility are Myself, Syko, Citation, bustr, Aspen, Bentnail, mrmeaty, Habu55, and Might... Bentnail, Meaty, and Might were new-ish when I left.
The name is mine, I started the Pigs on the Wing, I ran it daily for nearly a decade, and I left because I hit rock bottom financially, literally fishing for supper at one point. I get back to find Syko had been claiming to have run the squad for nearly ten years, telling the other pigs I didn't start the squad in the first place, and literally hiding from me in game on a secret channel and refusing to talk to me in person about it.
Yeah the name is mine, and at this point, that's all I am asking for out of this deal, having been done the way I was, it's all I want.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
I get back to find Syko had been claiming to have run the squad for nearly ten years, telling the other pigs I didn't start the squad in the first place, and literally hiding from me in game on a secret channel and refusing to talk to me in person about it.

Twitchy, please refer to Stodd's sig. You're completely wrong here.  :aok

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
Twitchy, please refer to Stodd's sig. You're completely wrong here.  :aok
Just one boot, and he knows who he is.... Speak of the devil....
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2009, 11:18:12 PM »
Lute,
you have taken a serious look at PoTW history.....Ill give you what I know....Long long time ago Twitchy started the sqaud with and Ltar named turmoil, he left to start LTAR or something IDK. Then came the names I always knew Jolly, Syko and Lunatic. Syko and lunatic made the site, JoLLy was the wyastin back in the day when it was only 1 wing. Some members of the wing before we grew were MrMeaty, GowGow, Anus, Aspen, sourmash, rip, Modo, tip, Bentnail, bustr, Might, pattonjr, VansCrew, skullman, GovtFlu, codyH, VonMessa(luftweenie:) ) and Me. I didnt see twitchy much at all during this time period that was 2 years ago by your investigating. The sqaud was already changing then and I have to say thats why I liked it, we furballed alot until about peak hours when we got alot on then Vans would run missions for acouple hours. This is where we got the idea of starting a second wing because alot were asking to join but we didnt have the slots so VansCrew started a second wing(he was CO or XO cant remember). This is when we got alot of the members that make up the half which are new with some of the names mentioned above. The change into a "screw it lets kill red guys" mentality really kicked off and still holds today. Honestly the furballing look at us didnt really come around till Sol75 or as you know him WMSol started up the 3rd wing. By this time we had 3 wings 1 under Syko, 1 under Waystin, and 1 under Sol. Syko got the idea of starting a score sqaud which actually was pretty cool to see how low we got (i think 3rd) so we had 4 Syko's, 1BDSpades(for the older guys, Waystin had the new guys, and recently this year I took fighters when Sol left.

Now thats the history as you can see it got a brand new face since twitchy left, and when he got mad at Krup and a few others for wanting to furball instead of take bases he got mad and started a thread(the one he says got erased). Then he wanted our sqaud to be more like the Devils Rejects and I think alot of people know how me and acouple of POTW feel about those guys :rolleyes: He is the one who couldnt handle us changing which he should as a leader which he gave away when he said in a post that I cant quote but he siad something along these lines "I dont plan on running, Syko and Waystin have done a great job building the sqaud I just look forward to coming back" Now with that comment I took it as he was giving Syko the sqaud, but he had to come out with the BS about we are a base taking sqaud, which is a horrible thing for the community as a whole. Sqauds should want to fight not do NOE runs just to take bases like many of the "ALLIANCE" tardlings did about a year back. No fight when you take 45 knights to a base NOE......not a fight when you take 12-15 either.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
Just one boot, and he knows who he is.... Speak of the devil....
Sorry but as I said in my post to lute you gave it up when you got back, you said it yourself. Now im slapping myself in the face for not saving that quote from the POTW site
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2009, 12:08:58 AM »
Was wondering when one of the POTW would remember Sol is now a WM and through him I have a pretty decent understanding of the "recent" activities of the POTW.

Honestly, as fractured as the squad has been, and considering the current incarnation(s) of the Pigs is under 2yrs old, y'all should prob. just create your own thing, or embrase Twitchy.

The ONLY player that has been a Pig for more than 2 yrs is Twitchy (and that one guy that is in Twitchys squad which is prob. a shade of Twitchys <ducks>) and in all honesty, it is Twitchy's squad. 

His idea, his name, he was the only one that has been a pig for any great length of time (gawd i've done this way too long when I consider 2 years a "short" amout of time) and it is his baby.

If twitchy wants to become a base taking squad, help him, start your own squad, or join a squad with similar interests like Sol did.
(WM's are not recruiting btw)

At the end of the day, the bottom line is that Twitchy started the Pigs and it is his right as founder/CO to do whatever he wants with the squad.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2009, 12:40:05 AM »
Was wondering when one of the POTW would remember Sol is now a WM and through him I have a pretty decent understanding of the "recent" activities of the POTW.

Honestly, as fractured as the squad has been, and considering the current incarnation(s) of the Pigs is under 2yrs old, y'all should prob. just create your own thing, or embrase Twitchy.

The ONLY player that has been a Pig for more than 2 yrs is Twitchy (and that one guy that is in Twitchys squad which is prob. a shade of Twitchys <ducks>) and in all honesty, it is Twitchy's squad. 

His idea, his name, he was the only one that has been a pig for any great length of time (gawd i've done this way too long when I consider 2 years a "short" amout of time) and it is his baby.

If twitchy wants to become a base taking squad, help him, start your own squad, or join a squad with similar interests like Sol did.
(WM's are not recruiting btw)

At the end of the day, the bottom line is that Twitchy started the Pigs and it is his right as founder/CO to do whatever he wants with the squad.
Sorry but Sol couldnt read the private area of the PoTW boards :noid Twitchy said Syko was leading now since he had been gone so long, but had a change of mind once he found that some were "free-thinking" and not all about base taking anymore
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2009, 12:42:17 AM »
Then he wanted our sqaud to be more like the Devils Rejects and I think alot of people know how me and acouple of POTW feel about those guys :rolleyes:

IMHO opinion...we all play different.  There are a good deal of dorks that want to play Twitchy's and Dogfite's way.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2009, 12:44:33 AM »
IMHO opinion...we all play different.  There are a good deal of dorks that want to play Twitchy's and Dogfite's way.

(Image removed from quote.)

dont get soft on me now Assi, They deserve to be degraded for their blasphemies against good furballs and taking bases without anyone defending them :rock
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2009, 01:32:23 AM »
Babalon, I was gone for about a year. Syko has been going on about having run the squad for 9 years, so whatever grapvine you're hearing this through is full of sour grapes. Syko told me when I got back, my squad was going to be there, and there were no problems with my return to command my squad.
As to running the squad in some kind of a new direction, no, all I wanted was our cohesion back, and ONE of the members who isn't who they say they are off the roster. I heard the rumors of this 'list of guys' I was going to boot, and it's rubbish. Just one boot, and he knows who he is.
In fact the ONLY members of this squad who are qualified to comment on our 10 year history with any credibility are Myself, Syko, Citation, bustr, Aspen, Bentnail, mrmeaty, Habu55, and Might... Bentnail, Meaty, and Might were new-ish when I left.
The name is mine, I started the Pigs on the Wing, I ran it daily for nearly a decade, and I left because I hit rock bottom financially, literally fishing for supper at one point. I get back to find Syko had been claiming to have run the squad for nearly ten years, telling the other pigs I didn't start the squad in the first place, and literally hiding from me in game on a secret channel and refusing to talk to me in person about it.
Yeah the name is mine, and at this point, that's all I am asking for out of this deal, having been done the way I was, it's all I want.
-Twitchy
This sounds real....and I am all for a congressional inquiry!   <S> Twitchy!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2009, 05:46:34 AM »
This sounds real....and I am all for a congressional inquiry!   <S> Twitchy!
Thats funny. he put Meaty in there when I have more time in the pigs then him(no offense meaty), he is just bias and wont realize times have changed

EDIT I dont know why im still posting here, its just making me feel hes retarded and making myself feel retarded Bah...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »
Found another POTW CO that I have edited to my post a few above this one.

Geez y'all have gone through a lot of diff. wings and CO's and such.

I now know how someone can make some of the claims I have seen in this thread 'cause I bet most of the POTW don't have a clue about the actual history of their squad.  It is a convoluted mess.

But there has been one CO that has always been the CO of a POTW squad for 7 yrs now.
(and apparently the founder)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  has been flying since 05 or 06, and never heard of him till he started doing these half arsed threads.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
my squad... my return to command... my squad... I wanted... The name is mine... I started the Pigs on the Wing... I ran it daily... the name is mine... I want.
-Twitchy

Lute may be dead on with his assessment but considering the depth of human feces in which you are wading - your own feces I should clarify - I doubt many people really give a flying monkey's left nostril what you want.

You "own" the name?  Awesome.  That makes watching it taken from you all the more satisfying.

Do the right thing.  Shut up, change your CPID and start over already.