Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15364 times)

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 06:20:26 AM »
I figured if i made my handle as silly as possible I was making a good start in not taking it all too seriously.

Here is Batfink: episode 1 - 6 minutes long

http://www.videosurf.com/video/batfink-episode-1-pink-pearl-of-persia-52402425

:D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
Challenged the previous holder of the name to a psychic duel inside the mind of a neutral third party. After breaking down his self image and destroying his hold on reality, I left him to wander the deepest recesses of The Stygian Darkness with only a Shamwow, a Snuggie and an intelligent (but carnivorous) guinea pig with which to amuse himself.

The neutral third party, unfortunately, was so traumatized that he had to be admitted to an asylum and now can only speak of "The Horror" and screams shrilly whenever someone wearing brown shoes enters the room. Strangely, he also has an unrelenting craving for strawberry Jell-O.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:50:28 AM by Treize69 »
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 07:33:39 AM »
I started in tour 51 flying as ddragon(Dragon was unavailable), changed to leDragon after a short break from the game.  Last year at the Dayton gathering everyone started calling me "Chef" since I was at the grill all day long making grub the the drunks.  After debating for a few weeks, I changed name to Chef and of course, then added the SW after joining the Spartan Warriors.

:airplane:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 07:37:19 AM »
"Gavagai" became a joke among my friends in college when we read W.V. Quine.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »
National Lampoon’s High School Yearbook Parody has a character named Rufus Leaking, a.k.a. ‘Spaz.’ 

“Brown hair, wavy eyes”

‘Spaz’ and ‘Rufus’ were taken.  Abbreviated to fit.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 08:08:02 AM »
I had to sneak my very unique first name in there somewhere.  So I added the first four letters of my last name and wallah "Way-Stin2"

-Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:53 AM »
Mine was a total accident.

Logged on to AirWarrior for the first time and sat there for 15min trying to pick a name and everything I tried to use was taken.  In AirWarrior when you pick a name that was in use, it would give you a list of "suggested" names.  Lute was one of the choices and I just finally took it out of frustration.  I just really wanted to fly.  

I promised myself that I would change it.

Never did.

Going on 15 years now.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Harp00n

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 08:19:36 AM »
My fav game back in the C64/Amiga500 days: Harpoon

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »
Got really involved back in the day to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six game on Xbox....call sign was Revrand R.I.P. ......spelled Revrand like this, one, not to offend and second my roommate was a Texan with one hell of a drawl and he used to talk like a crazed preacher named REVRAND WYITE SHOOZE......as he sounded the same way I spelled it......so basically I carried it over so I wouldn't have to remember a new name when someone talked to me....... :cheers:  :salute

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
thndrEGG, or Thunderegg: the State Rock of Oregon. http://www.naturenw.org/rock-thundereggs.htm

My brother, Flayed1 and I pondered for a long time what my handle would be after he introduced me to this addiction five years ago. There's still quite a few thundereggs out in the desert to be found.

What is a thunderegg? Definition according to the above linked site:
A Thunderegg is not actually a rock. It is a structure, sometimes a nodule, sometimes a geode, occurring in rhyolite, welded tuff, or perlitic rocks. However, without question, the Thunderegg is by far the most popular "rock" in Oregon.

Seems like my handle has taken on a new significance game-wise. I love bombers. :cool:

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2009, 08:34:48 AM »
My fav game back in the C64/Amiga500 days: Harpoon

(Image removed from quote.)
You Germans and your Uboat's ............... :x

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »
thndrEGG, or Thunderegg: the State Rock of Oregon. http://www.naturenw.org/rock-thundereggs.htm

My brother, Flayed1 and I pondered for a long time what my handle would be after he introduced me to this addiction five years ago. There's still quite a few thundereggs out in the desert to be found.

What is a thunderegg? Definition according to the above linked site:
A Thunderegg is not actually a rock. It is a structure, sometimes a nodule, sometimes a geode, occurring in rhyolite, welded tuff, or perlitic rocks. However, without question, the Thunderegg is by far the most popular "rock" in Oregon. (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Seems like my handle has taken on a new significance game-wise. I love bombers. :cool:

Dang I thought it was what dropped in the commode when you ate chili.............watch out when they crack! :bolt:

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:02 AM »
Mine is pretty simple.  I own a lowered Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14.  I played for a while under RFD118 which was the fire department I worked at and my number but once I closed that account and came back I had to have something new.  I was sitting in the office thinking, then looked out into the garage and saw the bike sitting there so I used it.

Once it's sold which will hopefully be soon, I'll have a new one.  I've been thinking about this one for a lonnnnng time and have something decent, an old inside joke between my squaddies and I.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Sc00ter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »
I use to be stewys but cancelled cards and had to change names. One day I was talking to sirvlad and he called me sc00ter and it stuck. 
No Fat Chicks on this Sc00ter

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2009, 09:27:13 AM »
Mine's kinda lame. Goes back a long time. Used to use the handle BlackDeath on old BBS days back in high school. When I graduated HS, and started getting on the Internet, found a lot of people liked that name apparently, so I had to think of a new one. After going out drinkin with some friends, went to sign up for SOMETHING (forget what it was), and couldn't think of a new name. Looked outside the window and it was a very VERY Starry Night outside, so I just typed in StarKnite, and eventually shortened it to just Knite.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P