Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15366 times)

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »
When I first subscribed way back when, I was in the middle of a good book called "War At Sea" by Nathan Miller and had just read of some of the exploits of the sister ships USS Darter and USS Dace. Actually tried Darter first but someone had it already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Dace_(SS-247)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:33:46 AM by Dace »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
When I played games and it asked for a name I always put Maddog, or Maddog Joe. When I signed up for Air Warrior Maddog was taken and Maddog Joe was too long, so I use MDJOE. I joined the 444th Air Mafia and was with them for years. I was CO of the squad when AW was axed, and I dragged as many mobsters to AH as I could. After a few years here I decided it was time to step down and let someone else lead for a bit. After a while I felt I was in the way, kinda like a second CO, so I figured for both me and the squad I would leave and take a break. A month later I was ready to come back  :x but I didn't want to get in the way, so it was time for a new name.

The saying in the "Mob" is "there is only one way to leave the mob, in a pine box", so I went under cover and became the Fugitive. Most call me "Fugi" now, so I'm either a Japanese film company, or a character from the old show "McHale's Navy"  :rofl

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2009, 10:04:16 AM »
My name actually came from an episode of Beavis and Butthead.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »
Was thinking of a word that had Limey in it, me being a Brit, then blimey is a an expression used here "Gor Blimey Guvnor!" as an expression of surprise, so as I generally have not much idea whats going on I thought it was apt.
Game ID: Blimey

Offline WarSix

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »
Was Osprey in Warbirds but had a whole dang squadron of ospreys in AH:)
Took up my oldest son's callsign from his 2004 TOD in Iraq as War Platoon leader 82nd Combat Eng Big Red One - WAR6.
Changed number to letters. War6 had been retired due to disbanding of 82nd.
Will become Thunder6 after he returns from his upcoming deployment to Afghanistan as CO of the mighty 510th Clearance Company.
Thanks to the Army for assigning such good callsigns that work well in AH:).

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
Did a research paper in college on North American native Indians! Came across the Bellacoola Indian tribe in Canada! Their mythology and traditions intrigued me! Decided to use the name coola.
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »
Favorite show is Star Trek and couldn't think of any other name, so i picked (NCC) 1701E.  After a few months I got sick of such uneducated people calling me "numbers guy", so I went with another ship and Excelsior wouldn't fit, thus Xcelsior...worked out perfectly, now no one can pronounce it right. :D
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
After signing up to AH I just named myself after my own name, Marek. After some thought and thinking it sounded super uncool I decided to name myself GrndZero.
When I was in my clubbing days, and I would visit Poland I would go to this one club in particular, called "GroundZero". This was the hot spot to be back in the day.
However, I noticed that there was already a player called WingZero (What I then thought was a niki noob). So I thought, heck - I don't want to look like a copy cat.

Now when I was in highschool, I use to be in a band. I was the second guitarist on my Richi Sambora Stratocaster made by Fender (Dads gift for my 16th birthday). We as a band were very close. We played mostly Santanas guitar only pieces as we were lacking talent for a lead vocalist. We would spend late nights in Kuwait (Where I grew up) in basements rocking it on, a lead guitarist (now a RL pilot), me, a base guitarist (who now is a professional musician) and other who came and went. Good times.
So there you have it. The extra A is because when I took the name, Santana was taken.
Wasn't hard to guess now was it?  :lol
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 11:36:15 AM »
Did a research paper in college on North American native Indians! Came across the Bellacoola Indian tribe in Canada! Their mythology and traditions intrigued me! Decided to use the name coola.

What I want to know is where did that avatar come from?  :eek:
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »
Back in Air Warrior.. a long long time ago in a very Mastercard, almost divorce day when we received the 2nd bill....
I would up a plane and start firing at everything in sight..

And, read at the bottom... Hey Newbie!!! Quit shooting at your side, shoot at the Red guys !!!

It stuck :)

Now, when I do fly, I occasionally shoot at my squaddies for giggles.. :)

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 11:51:38 AM »
Name is Drew, which was shortened down to Dru for online gaming.  Not sure if it was the simplicity that I liked or my sheer laziness, but I mixed it with my love of skiing and got Druski.  Substitute the S with a N and it also applies on a given night. 

Also, Spikes that is sweet.  Props me boy.   :rock   Now quit rooting for those saints...

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 12:16:38 PM »
   Need I say more

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »
My name was actually a name created by a random name generator with another online game.  It bacame ironic when the added emotes to the game, one of which was "beckon".  So it would say X beckons you.  That became the pronunciation of my name in that game. When I came here, since i'm soo original, i kept it.  The guys in my first squad pronounced it "be seeing you" and that stuck here. :joystick:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »
<------I'm a 76 year old Grizzly Bear

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »
when i was younger......doh that story wont work....mmmm no no not that one.....well i got into gods gift to us it has 7 leaves so there ya go my gameid. was akgreens at 1st<doh theres a AK squad, next id 1greenS<doh theres a "1" squad changed it to greens ahhhh just like taking a big ol hit.  :rock
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!