Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15810 times)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2009, 01:19:56 PM »
When I started out in online flight sims, I actually started with MS CFS, and played it online a total of about two weeks before I started AH.  When I tried to log in on MS CFS, all I could think of were "generic" WWII names, and every one I came up with was already used.

Finally, out of desperation, I fell back on a different interest area of mine, which is the American fur trade, the rocky mountain aspects of it in particular.  I'd already been using the nickname of "mountain man" or "Mtnman", and figured no way in heck would somebody already be flying under that name.  

When I came to AH a few weeks later I just brought the name with me.  

It's a complicated name- often I get called "mitten-man" or "minute-man" (my wife laughed HARD at that one, for some reason.  She's warped).

You know when you go to the truck stops, restaurants, etc, and find all those little brochures for the local tourist spots, museums, etc?  Here's a picture of me, my wife, and kids (wife is holding son, daughters head is poking up behind my shoulder) that's been used as the cover for one (that was kind of neat to find, since we weren't told it was being used...  We just stumbled across it)-

And one taken during one of our shooting competitions-

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:31:16 PM by mtnman »
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
Strokes...

No, not that, get your mind out of the gutter.

My first name is Stokes (wierd by its self) so one day my teacher called me Strokes and well...it stuck.
Strokes

Offline MrMeaty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
I have a huge dong...... :banana:

MrMeaty
fear the flying black pig

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »
My son and I are both named Bob. 2 Bobs became B2B. He got very busy working and taking care of his family so he never did play AH. I decided to keep the game ID because it was short and sweet.
Tour 92

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »
 Well,I couldnt use the nickname my wife calls me,profanity filter, so somehow I came up with it.

1 look at my avatar truely explains all! :devil

:salute

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »
Lol, what DOES your wife call you?
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
Well mine name is from Spectacular :) I thought i would mix it up and put Spektor :)

Spektor is wrong i told him to. :)
Strokes

Offline ABDCWOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »
When I was in my twenties living w/a bunch of guys who liked beer as much as I, we joked around and said, "We should form a club."    :cheers:

-AB

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
Slade are an English rock band. They were the top UK group of the 1970s. They were the first act to have three singles enter at #1, and all six of the Wolverhampton band's chart-topping stompers were penned by Noddy Holder and Jim Lea.

The group dominated the UK charts during the early 1970s. During the height of their success, Slade out-performed their chart rivals, such as Wizzard, Sweet, T. Rex, Suzi Quatro, Mud, Smokie, Gary Glitter, Roxy Music and David Bowie. In the UK, they achieved twelve Top 5 hit singles from 1971 to 1974, six of which topped the chart.

In total, Slade had seventeen Top 20 hits between 1971 and 1976 including six #1s, three #2s and two #3s. No other UK act of the period enjoyed such consistency in the UK Top 40 and Slade actually came the closest to matching The Beatles' twenty two Top 10 records in a single decade (1960s). Three of their singles entered the charts at #1 and they sold more singles in the UK than any other group of the 1970s. By 1973 alone, "Merry Xmas Everybody" had sold over one million copies globally, and gained gold disc status. They toured Europe in 1973 and the US in 1974.

Slade have released over thirty albums, three of which reached #1 on the UK Albums Chart.

While Slade's attempts at cracking the United States market were largely unsuccessful, they left their mark on several US bands who cite Slade as an influence. Kiss bassist Gene Simmons admitted that his band's early songwriting ethos and stage performance style was influenced by Slade. In his book, Kiss and Make-Up, Simmons wrote on page 85, "the one we kept returning to was Slade," and "we liked the way they connected with the crowd, and the way they wrote anthems... we wanted that same energy, that same irresistible simplicity. but we wanted it American-style".

Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick said that his band went to see Slade perform, and that they used "every cheap trick in the book", thus inadvertently coining his group's name. Cheap Trick covered the song "When the Lights are Out" (the original one appeared on Old New Borrowed and Blue) on their 2009 release, The Latest. Quiet Riot had US hits with their covers of "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Crazee Now". The origins of Slade's influence on Quiet Riot dated back to the early 1970s, when Kevin DuBrow photographed Slade during their first Los Angeles appearances at the Whisky a Go Go.

- Above Quoted From Wikipedia
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2009, 01:11:07 AM »
I was asked to start up a 3rd wing for JG2.  I thought I'd go with a historical name since I thought that was a cool tribute to history. After a quick search for III/JG2 pilots I narrowed it down to a few.  I wanted to get a short name that was fun.  It came down to Egon Mayer, Hans "Assi" Hahn, or Otto Bertram.  I read a little bit on each and decided on Assi.  From what I read he was a great pilot and a sonofabeach prisoner for the Russians.  :neener:

I also knew it would give a laugh for those that appreciate the fact that I can be a total Assi.

I know there are a lot of WWII buffs on the game, I am not one of them.  I am happy that I have learned some basics about many of the planes and vehicles and their capabilities.  Looking up the names of all of you guys has also contributed to my tiny understanding of WWII.   :salute

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2009, 05:53:27 AM »
I was asked to start up a 3rd wing for JG2.  I thought I'd go with a historical name since I thought that was a cool tribute to history. After a quick search for III/JG2 pilots I narrowed it down to a few.  I wanted to get a short name that was fun.  It came down to Egon Mayer, Hans "Assi" Hahn, or Otto Bertram.  I read a little bit on each and decided on Assi.  From what I read he was a great pilot and a sonofabeach prisoner for the Russians.  :neener:

I also knew it would give a laugh for those that appreciate the fact that I can be a total Assi.

I know there are a lot of WWII buffs on the game, I am not one of them.  I am happy that I have learned some basics about many of the planes and vehicles and their capabilities.  Looking up the names of all of you guys has also contributed to my tiny understanding of WWII.   :salute
lol watch out Skuzzy will be getting back to work in a day :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2009, 06:24:49 AM »
Well when I teach people to shoot sometime's I will slip a Blank in to see if they Flinch . Could not get that name so I used flench . My on-line name is 2kool2 on all the other forum's , game's and so on but could not start out a user name with a number . Maybe if I call AH ? My old player name was GWD for George W#####  D## and in 2006 went with 2kool2 .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
mine came from the car i drive an 85 Monte Carlo and added the boi just to finish them name but now i suppose i can be the spokesman for McDonalds because everyone refers to me as McBoi lol got tired of telling everyone its supposes to be mc boi the "m" and the "c" pronounced like the letter lol

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
I was 9900 in AW......Just one dollar short......I'm stilll one dollar short in AH!..... 999000....the original number dweeb; Still looking for a good handle.
999000 <S>

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2009, 11:06:41 AM »
TShark = Traffic shark

I'm a traffic cop.   :cool:

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills