Author Topic: how long till someone is chat banned?  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: how long till someone is chat banned?
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2009, 06:46:48 PM »
I need some help with the PC deck of strat cards, now lets see there is the: Bigot card, the racist card, the child abuser card, the morally bankrupt card, the your a big meany card, and if you don't agree with my point of view you should be pounded into dust card, oh and last but not least the share the wealth card...... did I leave any out??????

I was always taught that my rights ended where someone else's began, best some you PC crowd try to remember that.

Simba SPOT ON  :aok

Actually your rights ended when you came into a game hosted by someone that has set forth rules that he expects you to follow. Then its up to the members of the community that subscribes to the service to make sure rules are adhered to. If you think you are due greater rights than any other member of the community then you should take that up with HTC directly.

This (where you are in the argument) is not about political correctness it is about the stages of life.

level 1: In childhood you are innocent to begin with.
level 2: You learn about 'camp language' (lets call it).
level 3: You accept camp language as part of life.
level 4: You 'enhance' every day language with artful uses of 'camp language' and increase the number of uses for emphasis.
level 5: You learn that emphasis does not require 'camp language' and decrease its use to moments of anger and disappointment.
level 6: You are completely offended with the foul mouthed need of some to use 'colorful camp language' and correct them.

Some people (lets call them 'respected') do not have any use for 'camp language' for emphasis. They jumped from level 1 to level 6 early in life. Others never make it out of level 3 or 4.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2009, 07:04:41 PM »
Someone ever, and I mean ever, takes a shot at me because they don't like something I said in front of their kid, and I am going to beat them bad right in front of their kid, and keep beating them until they and hopefully their kid learns how the world really works.

I doubt most of the idiots spouting this crap even have kids, and if they do, I seriously doubt they are even half way decent parents.
Just use squelch ladies.

If my kids heard something on AH that made the speaker sound like a crude idiot, I would laugh and say listen to that crude idiot. Don't sound like that son.
Then 6 years later when the kid is playing COD MW and spouts off like a crude idiot, I would say "do you ever want to play that again under my roof?" And if they swore again it would be so quiet, that your darling child wouldn't hear it on your end anyway.

But thats me, I am not trying to have the computer raise my kids, nor am I trying to force the whole world to live by my rules.

But if some half wit idiot actually thought he could take a shot at me for swearing in front of his kid..lol it would be funny.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »
Midgets dont scare me either.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »
Midgets dont scare me either.  :D

This from a guy who thinks he can tell others how to live and what their rights are....... :confused:.  I don't mind a guy stating his opinion but when he becomes a crusader........ :noid ( cannot find anywhere in the TOS where it says the subscribers are responsible for policing the game).

Chalenge is probably a nice guy face to face, he just has that far left bent that leads him to believe that his way is the ONLY way :O, the facts are that I doubt anyone in the game really intends run blue all the time, but some do slip from time to time it is the nature of a competitive game (most games of this nature remove the temptation by not having a way to communicate with the other side in the heat of battle).  I actually see no need for 200 in the game at all except for the name in lights feature, but hey thats just my .02
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:37:23 AM by Boxboy »
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2009, 12:48:31 AM »
This from a guy who thinks he can tell others how to live and what their rights are....... :confused:.  I don't mind a guy stating his opinion but when he becomes a crusader........ :noid ( cannot find anywhere in the TOS where it says the subscribers are responsible for policing the game).

Chalenge is probably a nice guy face to face, he just has that far left bent that leads him to believe that his way is the ONLY way :O, the facts are that I doubt anyone in the game really intends run blue all the time, but some do slip from time to time it is the nature of a competitive game (most games of this nature remove the temptation by not having a way to communicate with the other side in the heat of battle).  I actually see no need for 200 in the game at all except for the name in lights feature, but hey thats just my .02

On that we are agreed and your 2 cents are worth as much as mine. The fact is Hitech has already said be sociable and here you are saying that rude behavior is okay... house rules. I never told you how to live so dont act all offended and jump to unrealistic conclusions. You obviously have an agenda of spreading your lifestyle and feel you have to reconcile everyone to the fact that your version of this behavior is 'normal' somehow. Obviously you need to do some 'maturing.' When you break out of level 3 and 4 you will feel so much better about yourself... maybe.

What exactly do you think the report function is for? Its community policing of the in game communications right there! Wakeup!  :D

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2009, 01:31:21 AM »
.squelch should do it

besides kids are gonna hear worse things as soon as they start grades school, turn on the tv, the radio or even use a public bathroom. an if they dont more power too em. i got in my first fight in elementary (2nd grade) on account of not knowing any profanity or to properly use it. yes even if we guard the kids an act mature some kids gonna wanna punch ur kid in the face just cuz he doesnt drop F bombs. or maybe it only happened me. :D

an i think this is where this one goes

or or wus it this 1
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:55:30 AM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2009, 01:44:26 AM »
Its just so funny how people try to justify swearing in a game, Tells alot about who you really are, and how you were raised, Internet tuffguys to funny. 
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2009, 02:03:29 AM »
Im up for the Visayan punishment myself. You have two choices.

1) we tie you to the mouth of the volcano and cook you for the feast
2) we punish the guilty with the innocent and any argument gets both parties muted

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2009, 02:15:21 AM »
or here's a long shot. and i know this sounds crazy but what if parents sat down wit there kids an have a long talk with them about these issues, u know instead of spending so much time on arguing on forums. i know i know its a terrible idea....
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2009, 03:26:36 AM »
Wheres that double face palm image when you need it?  :D

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »
On that we are agreed and your 2 cents are worth as much as mine. The fact is Hitech has already said be sociable and here you are saying that rude behavior is okay... house rules. I never told you how to live so dont act all offended and jump to unrealistic conclusions. You obviously have an agenda of spreading your lifestyle and feel you have to reconcile everyone to the fact that your version of this behavior is 'normal' somehow. Obviously you need to do some 'maturing.' When you break out of level 3 and 4 you will feel so much better about yourself... maybe.

What exactly do you think the report function is for? Its community policing of the in game communications right there! Wakeup!  :D

Heheh ever notice how the PC guys go right for the insult to make their point :rofl (BTW the report function for me was a way to handle those that PM you).  As for agenda's yes I have one and it is to stop all PC types who are trying to remove the rights of other folks who do not hold their values (you seem to fit this description).  You follow your statement "I never told you how to live...."with a long diatribe of who I am and what I am doing :headscratch: as if somehow you have been left in charge of the room or board :banana: :banana: :banana:
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline sNiPeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2009, 10:38:32 AM »
Someone ever, and I mean ever, takes a shot at me because they don't like something I said in front of their kid, and I am going to beat them bad right in front of their kid, and keep beating them until they and hopefully their kid learns how the world really works.

I doubt most of the idiots spouting this crap even have kids, and if they do, I seriously doubt they are even half way decent parents.
Just use squelch ladies.

But if some half wit idiot actually thought he could take a shot at me for swearing in front of his kid..lol it would be funny.

ROTFLMAO go Rambo go! lol  :(

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2009, 01:50:45 PM »
Visayan punishment myself
wheres that mindanoa? :D
I doubt most of the idiots spouting this crap even have kids
might be more people with kids than you think
I seriously doubt they are even half way decent parents
judgement  across the internet, gotta love it

language problem? with so many different people never going to stop it.
can report
use squelch, detune channel
wear a headset
problem solved  :)
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »
Im up for the Visayan punishment myself. You have two choices.

1) we tie you to the mouth of the volcano and cook you for the feast
2) we punish the guilty with the innocent and any argument gets both parties muted

Amateur. As the reigning Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rollah, I hereby decree a fatwa against you - any of the faithful may now HO you freely, comforted by the knowledge that 70 fat goons on the deck await them in Valhalla after you collide.  :furious

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
Loki HO is all you got.  :D

Boxboy... facts is facts. Grow up.  :lol