Author Topic: Gangbanging is getting worse...don't even want to play anymore...  (Read 4085 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: Gangbanging is getting worse...don't even want to play anymore...
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 12:37:49 PM »
posted this in another thread but it is relevant

the strat / HQ for the southern team is unfair on smpizza as is.

A30 is capturable when it is the closest field to the Strat.  I would say it needs to be moved 1 sector SW closer to the un-capturable fields.

This isn't a whine I enjoyed killing the guys bombing it but in fairness it needs to be modified.  Plus the dweebs on rooks had an easy time adding to their damage scores!

The rooks were encouraged by this a30 base being so close so pushed home their attacks to milk the strat which is unfairly placed for the southern team.  I suspect this would happen to any team but as the map is small a fairly easy objective to fulfil.

:aok
i thought that exact same thing this morning
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
It seems every time I log on Knights are getting gangbanged again. Cowardly rook and bish won't fight each other. Just look at today's map.

You rook and bish will say: "it happens to all teams equally". That is simply not true and you know it.

For the record, I NEVER participate in gangbangs. I always attack the team with the most bases and encourage my teammates to do the same. What fun/glory/satisfaction is there in attacking/crushing an opponent who has no chance of defending themselves because they're hopelessly outnumbered on two fronts?

I'm not whining, just stating facts. It's just frustrating and not fun getting your butt kicked every week because your two cowardly opponents have some sort of "agreement".

Hmm I most always go to the team with the lowest numbers. This ensures fights most of the time.

So your wishing for less fights so you can get a base? Not sure I'm understanding your point.

BTW there are several Arenas to fly in, all designed with the customer in mind.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
In the end the game will be what you make of it. I had some exceptional fights on Sunday marred only by the fact that I was flying a spit XVI (probably 1st time in a year or more). 1st fight was marred in that I didn't keep a squaddie out once I got lit up. But once we (71 SQD) knew who it was who did all we could to keep the fights clean. I won a few, lost a few got picked a time or two (so did he) but all in all it was a good time. As always things ebb and flow and the numbers got skewed beyond reason after a bit but you can normally find a reasonably good fight if you look for it. The real question is in your ability to foster an even environment. We all moan when we get ganged...but most of us (myself included) are often quick to administer a drubbing when the numbers favor us. The good fights are out there just waiting for you to find them...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline golfr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 12:45:34 PM »
I just came out of the Bish high command meeting.  I brought the issue to their attention and we took it to a vote.  I am sorry to say that we decided to continue the alliance with the honorable rooks and continue to crash the skill less Knits.  Our goal is the elimination of that little country and world domination by the BishRook federation.

:rock

OK, that's funny. But it seems unfortunately true. The Knights are not skill-less, just hopelessly outnumbered on two fronts. Granted, we don't get organized like we should. BUT, no matter how well organized you are, when you're outnumbered 2-1 every day, you're gonna get slaughtered.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »
I just came out of the Bish high command meeting.  I brought the issue to their attention and we took it to a vote.  I am sorry to say that we decided to continue the alliance with the honorable rooks and continue to crash the skill less Knits.  Our goal is the elimination of that little country and world domination by the BishRook federation.

:rock

just saw this   :rofl  you are a badman dedalos.

Knights need a new president!   Someone who will bring about CHANGE!   To stand tall and defend bases at all costs aswell as drive deep into the RookBish federations hearts.

I vote for Ltown but there are many more armchair generals who can throw their hat in.  Make it so.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
OK, that's funny. But it seems unfortunately true. The Knights are not skill-less, just hopelessly outnumbered on two fronts. Granted, we don't get organized like we should. BUT, no matter how well organized you are, when you're outnumbered 2-1 every day, you're gonna get slaughtered.

Replace your leaders.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 12:47:49 PM »
I pretty much stick to bish and I find more often than not Knits are the gangers just last night I was set up for a ganging..you guys were so mean to me(you know who you are :D...not to worry though I have a wicked ground crew that can make planes faster than I can wreck them........ In saying that I really can't expect much more as I will usually try to find an area that has a bigger red dar than green. Two reasons for this..I have enough trouble fighting the red guys as it is with out having to fight my own...and the other is how am I supposed to whinge and bi%$h if there aren't more of them than me :lol :lol...

On a side note to fighting fronts...( my time zone) it has been, up til your thanksgiving, extremely difficult to find a fight on the bish side...knits and rooks battling all the time....one night I actually had to fly 2 sectors to get in amongst a fight of rooks and knits.....and they all ganged me :lol :lol

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:49:55 PM by SPKmes »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
It seems every time I log on Knights are getting gangbanged again. Cowardly rook and bish won't fight each other. Just look at today's map.

You rook and bish will say: "it happens to all teams equally". That is simply not true and you know it.

got to agree here, altho its in no way restricted to knits, we certainly get the worst of it. unfortunately ive got to conclude that its us knits who are ultimately responsible. why? we just make it too easy for em.

examples:

I can go days without seeing a mission posted, then when one is its either 1. utterly clueless or 2. late war uber plane horde. many times ive heard a visiting rook or bish say on country - why are there no missions? even with a small group a coordinated effort is much more likely to succeed.

Minimal porking. Bish or Rook are organised and rolling fields, but noone can be bothered to kill 5x barracks or 2x ords.

Sluggish/no response. Saturday me and wrongway were trying to stop a group of ~10 (claimjumpers?) rolling bases. nothing at all wrong with that, however despite posting alerts on country numerous times, by the time they had captured the 4th or 5th base, there was still just the 2 of us there.

(and my personal favorite) yesterday afternoon about 60 knits on, 20 of whom are sitting cosily in their gvs camping spawns at 2 v bases for over an hour.

I guess I'm saying that attack is the best form of defence and knits seem a bit light on cojones at the moment.

:bolt:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »
I guess I'm saying that attack is the best form of defence and knits seem a bit light on cojones at the moment.
 :bolt:

cojone check?   no they all good.   :D

everytime i login the night shift have lost large portions of what we gained.  this cycle goes badly because then we don't bother and furball = lose more bases gain more FUN / perks / kills   :cool:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »
Sluggish/no response. Saturday me and wrongway were trying to stop a group of ~10 (claimjumpers?) rolling bases. nothing at all wrong with that, however despite posting alerts on country numerous times, by the time they had captured the 4th or 5th base, there was still just the 2 of us there.

That's odd - for a moment I thought you were talking about rooks. At least I heard the very same complaints for about two hours yesterday on rook country channel "Why we never... look at them they are organized... why is AXX not porked yet... Rooks are always so slow responding"   ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
I have a theory as to why Knights may have an issue with low numbers.

Being a little Napoleon is the new knight fad.

I mostly fly Knits, and I swear to God I have to listen to this "Knits won't work together" BS and people telling me I should go pork/toolshed instead of going hunting every night. IN A GAME ABOUT FIGHTER COMBAT SOME YAHOO EXPECTS ME TO SPEND MY TIME FIGHTING BUILDINGS!

I've been hardheaded enough to throw the demands back and tell them that I don't care about their warz.  The attempted insults range from being called a 12yr old console player, to actually using their real life military service as the reason they know how to play the game better.  I was actually asked, "what have you done to help win the war today??"  :rolleyes:

I do whatever I think will be fun at the moment.  It just so happens that I prefer running with my squaddies and taking bases intact without help from massive #'s, or flying fighter sweeps, or Lord Forbid...... finding a group of pilots on the other side that logged on and want to mix it up just like me.

I really don't care if that makes some little Knight Napoleon think less of me as a person in real life.

Having said all that.  I enjoy flying knights.  :D

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
That's odd - for a moment I thought you were talking about rooks. At least I heard the very same complaints for about two hours yesterday on rook country channel "Why we never... look at them they are organized... why is AXX not porked yet... Rooks are always so slow responding"   ;)

must have been talkin about bish :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
In the end the game will be what you make of it. I had some exceptional fights on Sunday marred only by the fact that I was flying a spit XVI (probably 1st time in a year or more). 1st fight was marred in that I didn't keep a squaddie out once I got lit up. But once we (71 SQD) knew who it was who did all we could to keep the fights clean. I won a few, lost a few got picked a time or two (so did he) but all in all it was a good time. As always things ebb and flow and the numbers got skewed beyond reason after a bit but you can normally find a reasonably good fight if you look for it. The real question is in your ability to foster an even environment. We all moan when we get ganged...but most of us (myself included) are often quick to administer a drubbing when the numbers favor us. The good fights are out there just waiting for you to find them...
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 01:13:17 PM »
Ganging happens to all of us on all sides sooner or later.  I guess the one thing that irks me about whines like this is some unknown, Internet guy calling someone else a coward about his or her conduct on a cartoon airplane game.  Really think about what you are saying here.  You are calling people you don't even know who play a game with cartoon airplanes which is somewhat realistically modeled but not really.. "cowards".

GET A LIFE!

For the record, I NEVER participate in gangbangs. I always attack the team with the most bases and encourage my teammates to do the same. What fun/glory/satisfaction is there in attacking/crushing an opponent who has no chance of defending themselves because they're hopelessly outnumbered on two fronts?

I'm not whining, just stating facts. It's just frustrating and not fun getting your butt kicked every week because your two cowardly opponents have some sort of "agreement".

in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline golfr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 01:17:02 PM »
just saw this   :rofl  you are a badman dedalos.

Knights need a new president!   Someone who will bring about CHANGE!   To stand tall and defend bases at all costs aswell as drive deep into the RookBish federations hearts.

I vote for Ltown but there are many more armchair generals who can throw their hat in.  Make it so.

LOL Bruv! At least LTOWN tries to get Knights organized to grab territory. For me, that's what this game is about, having the most bases. For many, it's all about furballing. I used to try to organize the team to grab bases but, sadly, I was not a good enough armchair general to pull it off. I don't furball because I'm total canon fodder in fighters. I just take my Lancs up and try to hit the most opportunistic targets (I can hit anything from 15k) OR run troops in by whatever means when they're needed. I've sat hidden near a base with troops for as much as 4 hours waiting for the opportunity to take them in. I play for the team.