Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9383 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2009, 08:30:09 AM »
I don't see what the problem with NOEs is.  They may take a base or two but really no harm done.  I actually prefer them since they don't mess with any ones fight by dropping hangers, they are not there to cherry pick or vulch (unless needed), and if I do find them it improves my KD lol.  If they are successful that means I never knew it was happening so how could that bother me?

I agree. While one country's noe is going in one direction another country's horde is taking thier other base thus balance is preserved. Our missions last night were all in the west while we were getting rolled in the east. Flew in  5 missions last night. Blowing up stuff is still fun even if no one ups.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »
I agree. While one country's noe is going in one direction another country's horde is taking thier other base thus balance is preserved. Our missions last night were all in the west while we were getting rolled in the east. Flew in  5 missions last night. Blowing up stuff is still fun even if no one ups.

This is what you DON'T want to see! In a game of combat AVOIDING combat kills the fun. You said you had fun " blowing stuff up". What if your the 10th or 12th guy in to the base, theirs nothing left to blow up, unless you want to kill troops or fuel or something. Of course then all the little Generals start screaming about "porking a base thats going to be ours in a minute!" Certainly sounds like fun to me  :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if those two groups went head to head think of the battle that would have happened. The challenges to "WIN" whether its to win the base, or win the dogfight/dogfights, or the ground vehicle battle that most likely would have popped up from defenders trying to kill planes, and attackers trying to sneak under the battle to grab the base. All aspects of the game could have been found in one area with LOTS of people having fun.

In stead you all settled for "blowing stuff up"  :aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
This is what you DON'T want to see! In a game of combat AVOIDING combat kills the fun. You said you had fun " blowing stuff up". What if your the 10th or 12th guy in to the base, theirs nothing left to blow up, unless you want to kill troops or fuel or something. Of course then all the little Generals start screaming about "porking a base thats going to be ours in a minute!" Certainly sounds like fun to me  :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if those two groups went head to head think of the battle that would have happened. The challenges to "WIN" whether its to win the base, or win the dogfight/dogfights, or the ground vehicle battle that most likely would have popped up from defenders trying to kill planes, and attackers trying to sneak under the battle to grab the base. All aspects of the game could have been found in one area with LOTS of people having fun.

In concept yes, but in reallity, if they are not attacking NOE they would be dropping hangers, vulching, etc.  I'd rather see them do that and leave the fights alone
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »
Are you hard of reading? No where did I say ban NOE. Just remove the horde aspect of it. HT tried fix the side balance issue before with hard caps. It didn't work. I feel he can address the horde NOE aspect of it (which is a balance issue)without affecting everyone. Again just lower max alt under dar and remove auto lvl when under dar alt.
As for the rest of your strawman. Pfft

I guess your hard of reading. There is no problem. The problem is people coming on here and complaining how it isn't fair that 20 people upped went noe and took a base.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »

Once again it may be fun for some people you dont know. Just because you may not find it fun doe not mean some one else doesn't.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »
I guess your hard of reading.
Brilliant come back where did you get that from?

Lemme know when you get an original thought. Although I don't think there would be to much room for it.
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2009, 06:34:38 PM »
Ok stick with me here.
With the numbers that were on they tended to swap bases at other ends of the map. The hordes didn't fight one another. So ht forced people to play together. When that failed, by by big maps.
No where did I say ban NOE. Just remove the horde aspect of it. HT tried fix the side balance issue before with hard caps. It didn't work. I feel he can address the horde NOE aspect of it (which is a balance issue)without affecting everyone. Again just lower max alt under dar and remove auto lvl when under dar alt.
If the problem is the horde, not NOE per se, then your proposed solution will do nothing to solve the problem.  The horde will still horde.  The NOE portion should just be taken out of this discussion entirely.

But then we are back to the same old song and dance.  What defines a horde?  How do you restrict a horde without restricting a very large furball in progress?  On and on and on.

By the way, some of the worst hordes I've ever had the "joy" of trying to fight against have been on the small maps.  The concentration of enemy forces mean the attackers have to come in with even greater overwhelming numbers to accomplish their mission.  When hordes in country A and B both are operating against C at the same time, there is no place for a C player to go where he is not facing a horde.  This was the actually the height of the problem you describe in my opinion. 

Ultimately what happens will happen and those of us who enjoy the game will simply adapt and ride with it.  Then the same complaints will start all over . . .
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2009, 08:05:32 PM »
Brilliant come back where did you get that from?

Lemme know when you get an original thought. Although I don't think there would be to much room for it.

You answer with I am hard of reading calling my post a strawman like I didn't mention horde noes. You don't even know how to have a discussion with someone. If they don't agree with your crap posts you insult them. So really who doesn't have room for original thought maybe you should look in the mirror.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
You answer with I am hard of reading calling my post a strawman like I didn't mention horde noes. You don't even know how to have a discussion with someone. If they don't agree with your crap posts you insult them. So really who doesn't have room for original thought maybe you should look in the mirror.
The strawman was asking what I want next to be removed GVs/buffs.  You already knew that and are now being deliberately obtuse. No where did I ever post about removing NOE. Like I said go try and get an original thought. It may take you a bit. :aok

Edit. notice the italics on your non-original thought? Please try harder.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:40:07 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »
The strawman was asking what I want next to be removed GVs/buffs.  You already knew that and are now being deliberately obtuse. No where did I ever post about removing NOE. Like I said go try and get an original thought. It may take you a bit. :aok

Edit. notice the italics on your non-original thought? Please try harder.

You dont understand what strawman means. I know what you want and refuted it. Now you are just trolling. Noe hordes are not a problem they do happen but not often enough to deserve a change in the game. Did I spell that out easily enough for you to understand.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »
You dont understand what strawman means. I know what you want and refuted it. Now you are just trolling. Noe hordes are not a problem they do happen but not often enough to deserve a change in the game. Did I spell that out easily enough for you to understand.
In your opinion they are not a problem. In others opinion they might be. Anything that promotes hiding from combat in a combat orientated game is LAME. Don't give me "the game is about taking bases and winning the "WAR"!".   Everything in game is geared to promote combat. Horde noe is the attempt at a total avoidance of combat.
So tell me whats so bad about dropping dar to 200' and removing auto lvl anything below that?
People always scream about the "realism".  Would you engage and auto pilot at or below 200'?

At the least this will make the little hordlings work a little for their "WIN TEH WAR" effort.

See Rule #4

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »
In your opinion they are not a problem. In others opinion they might be. Anything that promotes hiding from combat in a combat orientated game is LAME. Don't give me "the game is about taking bases and winning the "WAR"!".   Everything in game is geared to promote combat. Horde noe is the attempt at a total avoidance of combat.
So tell me whats so bad about dropping dar to 200' and removing auto lvl anything below that?
People always scream about the "realism".  Would you engage and auto pilot at or below 200'?

At the least this will make the little hordlings work a little for their "WIN TEH WAR" effort.

The Game is about fun. If people find it fun to get together with 20 others and blow up some buildings and ack then why should we discourage them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:18:52 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2009, 09:14:18 PM »
The Game is about fun. If people find it fun to get together with 20 others and blow up some buildings and ack then why should we stop them.
Please tell me how , with the 2 game Changes I just posted stop anyone from flying NOE?

Edit: you'll notice I've stopped with bar dar popping with X amount. I am now just wanting them to work for it. Same element of surprise with whatever  numbers they want. With my suggestion they actually have to fly to target .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:18:55 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2009, 09:18:27 PM »
Please tell me how , with the 2 game Changes I just posted stop anyone from flying NOE?

I didn't mean stop them I meant discourage them. I agree with the no auto pilot below radar but not dropping radar to 200.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
I didn't mean stop them I meant discourage them. I agree with the no auto pilot below radar but not dropping radar to 200.
why dont you agree? It would add a challenge to the NOE raiders......all good games challenge people, which this one does but lets make it a bit harder :aok :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"