Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9319 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
NOE Hall of Shame
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:10:39 AM »
Hello Fellow Ah'ers!  I am now taking nominations for the NOE Hall of Shame.  If you have a likely candidate squad please let us all know.  I will tally up the votes and post this years inductees later in the thread. :furious
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:11:52 AM »
Hello Fellow Ah'ers!  I am now taking nominations for the NOE Hall of Shame.  If you have a likely candidate squad please let us all know.  I will tally up the votes and post this years inductees later in the thread. :furious

Waystin your a better man then this.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »
Joker....should get the ball rolling.

Strip

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:20:16 AM »
POTW... :D

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:21:54 AM »
Waystin your a better man then this.

Hello Rich,

Even an incredibly patient and respectful man has his limits.  I have reached mine.  After 2 and 1/2 years of AH I am extremely frustrated by the inability to combat these incoming overkill raids.  By inability to combat I mean actually engage the incoming raid. 
I hear what you are saying Rich, but this is killing the game.  When I hear my squaddies discussing what other games we could play as a group, it tells me that there is a problem.  My sincerest hope is that HTC will enact changes to stop or render these overkill 40 man NOE missions less effective.  It is about the combat.  If the base gets taken in the process that's great.  However it is about the combat.  No fight, no fun.

Much respect,

Way

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:47 AM »
POTW... :D

Please specify...Original or The Pigs.

so far we have:

Jokers Chokers

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
I nominate the 80th.

Every time we have tried NOE everyone is on to us from the beginning. Since we are all spies each of us have already notified the victim side..... usually through the secret channel 200, of our intentions, strength, heading, and speed. Not to mention which base will be hit.

Most of the time only about half of us get our torpedos off on the town. To date none have been sunk but we do damage some. Why just the last time we tried NOE, I was on my torpedo run aiming for a building just to the left of a church. Two of my wingmen were following close to drop their torps to hit two adjacent buildings. I dropped and ran into the building.... both my wingmen were laughing so hard both failed to drop and they ran into the buildings they were supposed to destroy.

Dirt farming is soooo hard. I have great respect for those that can do it NOE.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:26:09 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:26:05 AM »
I nominate the 80th.

Every time we have tried NOE everyone is on to us from the beginning. Since we are all spies each of us have already notified the victim side..... usually through the secret channel 200, of our intentions, strength, heading, and speed. Not to mention which base will be hit.

Most of the time only about half of us get our torpedos off on the town. To date none have been sunk but we do damage some. Why just the last time we tried NOE, I was on my torpedo run aiming for a building just to the left of a church. Two of my wingmen were following close to drop their torps to hit two ajacent buildings. I dropped and ran into the building.... both my wingmaen were laughing so hard both failed to drop and they ran into the buildings they were supposed to destroy.

Dirt farming is soooo hard. I have great respect for those that can do it NOE.

I appreciate your humor Shuffler, but I am sorry that there are more worthy candidates this year than the Mighty 80th.

:salute

Way

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 09:26:30 AM »
I appreciate your humor Shuffler, but I am sorry that there are more worthy candidates this year than the Mighty 80th.

Way
:cry  We'll keep trying for this great great honor.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
............It is about the combat..........    However it is about the combat.  No fight, no fun.

Much respect,

Way

:rofl  is that what they call it when a horde is 15K perched over a field picking anything that ups from it,,,, is that combat too.....   

How about when you finally climb up to 20k and are coalt they simply run away to avoid a fight........ is that combat too...........    :rofl

I agree though: No fight, No fun...........

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »
 Personally I don't see the problem with NOE missions. It's a game and they take advantage under the radar. The base will still flash when breaking the dar ring. The problem is mounting a defence against this tactic. I often am on the losing side trying to up against the horde to defend a base. I believe you have gotten me on the runway. No matter part of the game.
   The problem is more with our own countrymen not coming when you call for help when a base is attacked. Many are engaged in taking bases while others fall. When I see a base flashing I will up to check it out.  :airplane: What is really annoying is those NOE GV missions.  :uhoh
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »
:rofl  is that what they call it when a horde is 15K perched over a field picking anything that ups from it,,,, is that combat too.....  

How about when you finally climb up to 20k and are coalt they simply run away to avoid a fight........ is that combat too...........    :rofl

I agree though: No fight, No fun...........

I agree with you Dadsguns, but we should focus on one issue at a time.  At least pickers can be dealt with by upping from an adjacent base.  You cannot however up from an adjacent base to stop this type of attack.  The whole object of this type of attack is to minimize the potential of any combat occuring.  Again no fight, no fun.

Way

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
I nominate all of Bishops, Rooks, and Knights...  :bolt:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »

LOL a 1 man NOE attack although commendable for it's bravery does not meet the qualifications for inclusion Corrs.  How about an honorable mention?  :rofl

I nominate all of Bishops, Rooks, and Knights...  :bolt:

I get your point Hyperion, and wholeheartedly agree.  It is not a country specific problem.  It is game-wide.