Author Topic: new strats vs old  (Read 825 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
new strats vs old
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
I have seen with the new strats that the city stays down for 3hrs now insted of the 6 it was when you took it to 0%
and even with the city down to 0% the factory's regenerate after 45min. In attacking the strats during our "new" setup it seems to be a waist of time yet again due to it repairing twice as quick as before. is this the way it now is or is this an unseen "bug" type problem?

As it stands it is hardly worth making a mission to the city and factorys if they come back to 100% in the same time as porking a base...
All it would do is allow you to have 90min of downtime at the base you pork as apposed to the 45 it is with 100% factorys.

If you hit the factorys and the base chances are you will do it in 2 missions and then that takes time away as well..

Just my thinking any info on downtime or what im missing would be great.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: new strats vs old
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 08:04:54 PM »
Have you considered timing coordinated attacks with other bomber flights
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
I tried to make this point today with the knits but they didnt listen and I think they didnt listen because its easier to hit the strats closest to you rather than push on to the factory you NEED to hit to have the largest effect.

Drop the city to 0% and grunts to 0% (rebuild time) then pork the other assets. Of course if you are after score and you are getting resupplied in your GV then maybe you want the strats to rebuild endlessly but really YOU DONT. The reason is the longer you stay in your GV killing strats is the longer you are not getting kills and your score WILL SUFFER.

Maybe after the newness of it all wears off they will get it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:16:59 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
Have you considered timing coordinated attacks with other bomber flights
good point lets say you get 15 guys to the strats and they all bomb perfect (not likely) then you are still only buying your country 45 extra min.

FYI 15 guys is the min. you need to get the city and 4 of the 5 strats down to 0%, whats the likelyhood of that happening... so in reality you need 25+ guys and still that's not enough... so lets say 35+ guys to go to the strats for a gain of 45min IF you pork something of value on another target (the runway or v-base)

so you need 30+ guys going to the strats  Plus the guys porking the runway/v-base... this leads me to believe that only a horde country can benefit from attacking strats

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:28:32 PM »
good point lets say you get 15 guys to the strats and they all bomb perfect (not likely) then you are still only buying your country 45 extra min.

FYI 15 guys is the min. you need to get the city and 4 of the 5 strats down to 0%, whats the likelyhood of that happening... so in reality you need 25+ guys and still that's not enough... so lets say 35+ guys to go to the strats for a gain of 45min IF you pork something of value on another target (the runway or v-base)

so you need 30+ guys going to the strats  Plus the guys porking the runway/v-base... this leads me to believe that only a horde country can benefit from attacking strats
well put  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »

Actually your not doing anything for your country.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 05:18:58 AM »
Every 'country' (chess piece) in the game is a 'horde' country. Get off your high horse.   :old:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 06:33:25 AM »
Meh all you need is me in a Jeep running supplies  :neener:

The Few GFC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
Before we changed to the new strat system. I had come up with an idea for a map design I was going to suggest to the folks that like to create maps. I personally probably dont have the patience not to mention the time or experience to build a map for the MA. But I do have a few ideas.

Anyway. the idea was to surround in close proximity and the towns in particular of the "zone" bases with the strat targets.

This would make taking a zone base a bit more difficult as any attacking force would have to navigate or make it through the network of trains and their ack as well as the various ack defenses that the strat targets have.
I feel/felt that the zone bases should be a bit more difficult to capture simply because they are zone bases. and a supply base would tend to be more heavily defended then a standard large base

It would effectively eliminate milk running the strat targets as any attack on a strat target could easily be seen as a threat to the zone base which would provide a reason for people to up in its defense

It would make sense to have the strat targets surrounding and very near the zone bases because those bases are/were used to supply the rest of the bases  in that zone.
Ammo from factory----> zone base-----> supported bases in zone

If placed right. It might also promote GV battles in the strat target areas as spawned in GVers make the choice between headed to the town/field and the strat target. GV battles would be made a bit more immersive as movement and manuver would be needed as opposed to the standard whack a mole battles we have now.

From a bombers standpoint. It makes more sense to bomb the strats in that area then to pork and take the base. Take the base and you loose your targets. As they become part of your territory once the base is taken

Lastly and most importantly. It provides a reason for both sides to fight both offensively and defensively as opposed to seeking the path of least resistance. Because there is something to be gained or lost on each side.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:48:17 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »
I'm not to into the new strat system. More down time would be better. Make it worth it. Just my 2 cents.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »
I'm not to into the new strat system. More down time would be better. Make it worth it. Just my 2 cents.

I believe the whole reason the down time is not extended (so far) is that the strats have not been taken down properly. Of course its hard to verify since there doesnt appear to be a help file on the strat system.

If you know of a help file on it by all means post it. Until then I am going with what I already posted above.

In other words... drop the city and troop factory to effect rebuild time and then drop the radar factory just before hitting HQ. I havent seen anyone do all of that yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:10:20 PM by Chalenge »

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
I believe the whole reason the down time is not extended (so far) is that the strats have not been taken down properly. Of course its hard to verify since there doesnt appear to be a help file on the strat system.

If you know of a help file on it by all means post it. Until then I am going with what I already posted above.

In other words... drop the city and troop factory to effect rebuild time and then drop the radar factory just before hitting HQ. I haven't seen anyone do all of that yet.
yesterday knights did it to rooks (this is the 2nd time i have been there to do this) witch is what prompted me to post it.

I personally have seen the city down to 0% 3 times since the update and then moved to the factory's getting all of them below 50% (most below25%) with the city at zero. the factory's still come back up to 100% within an hour.

PS. anyone knowing me knows i have no high horse and would just think your being funny by saying such.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »
PS. anyone knowing me knows i have no high horse and would just think your being funny by saying such.

C'mon man. everyone has a high horse now and then.

Even me!   ;)

:lol
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »
yesterday knights did it to rooks (this is the 2nd time i have been there to do this) witch is what prompted me to post it.

I personally have seen the city down to 0% 3 times since the update and then moved to the factory's getting all of them below 50% (most below25%) with the city at zero. the factory's still come back up to 100% within an hour.

You are not listening. You have to kill the city and then kill the troops before hitting the other factories. I was there trying to help and so I know I was the only one that even tried to hit the troops (outside of one bomber formation). After that you can flatten the radar production and then HQ and it should stay down much longer. Of course none of us know if the strats are fully implemented and there (obviously) is not a help file on this anywhere to be found but there are hints of strategy to be found in older posts.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
Considering that even on "large" maps the strat center is 500mi behind enemy lines, we're talking 6 hour missions to flatten them, through nonstop reuppers, millions of 163s, and slim chance of surviving, even at the unhistorical alts of 35-40k.

"As it stands it is hardly worth making a mission to the city and factorys"

Quite true!

We made a mission once (71 Squadron) and before we were able to rtb for home, they were already replenishing themselves! Our hours wasted, our many lost bombers, many lost fighters, amounted to nothing. By the time we (the survivors) landed there was no change. It had no impact on ANY of the knight efforts to take other fields, it had no effect on anything with "the war" at all.

It's pointless, especially with the absurd distances required.

I'm a big fan of the larger bombing centers, but 1) it's too damn far 2) as mentioned, unless you totally pork the troop factory, they all repop instantly (which is stupid IMO, should be directly resupplied from the city), and 3) if you DO manage to get anywhere near the HQ strat center you'll never get out because all of the 163s.

Even *IF* it's pushed back, I think it should still be 2-3 sectors from the HQ.

Needs lots of work. A step on the right path, but the path needs the brush removed, and some stones put in for better pace.