Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4530 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
I have had runins before and gone to the traffic safety class to have the points taken off my license and the state trooper running the class told us that the safest way to drive the highways is to speed up 1 mph when you get passed and slow down 1 mph when you pass someone else and eventually you will have yourself at the average pace of the highway and no officer will right you a ticket for being average.

Apparently Georgia doesnt follow that rule.

i always see cars pulled over by the georgia state pd...on rt 95.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »
Hire a lawyer.

Yup, a traffic lawyer who practices a lot in that court, if as you say this is your first moving violation, and the guy is any good at all he will more than likely get it knocked way down in pre-trial conference with the city attorney.

shamus 
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »
i always see cars pulled over by the georgia state pd...on rt 95.

[Hijack]
Heck, was on I-5 in Salem, when Keizer PD (notorious for their stickler-ness when it comes to traffic laws) was tailgating the vehicle in front of me, badly. Was wondering what they were doing until the car sped up to 61 (speed limit is 60), and the overhead lights were on... Keizer PD doesn't have jurisdiction on I-5 unless hunting for an individual vehicle. Only the city it's in, county, and state have jurisdiction on the interstates 'round here... Emailed the chief of police with the time/date/location of the incident, I was promptly told that he, "has no records of this stop ever occurring."
...I'll get it on video next time. ;)
[/Hijack]

Anyways, if you TRUELY don't believe your vehicle could get up to that speed, you could bring it to court and hope to get off of the defective equipment as no roads in the U.S. are marked that high. :/ I suggest consulting a lawyer...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 01:20:58 AM »
Go to court, it never hurts to fight a ticket. Be prepared. I've won more than I lost.

http://www.blurofinsanity.com/Speeding.html

You might want to try something like this...

http://www.trafficticketsecrets.com/beat-speeding-ticket.html

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 02:07:08 AM »
he let ya off with just a ticket, 'cause he felt sorry for ya in a dodge....and was probably in shock that ya got it to go that fast.  :neener:

lol you miss read my post... he did NOT give me a ticket...my guess was because my car was so cool :D

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 05:31:35 AM »
 Here where i live in wisconsin you can make a appointment to see the DA, don't know if this helps.
 Last time I had a ticket I made a appointment, talked to the JR. DA  and the ticket was dropped.
 Also I was pulled over several years ago and in the same type of situation. Left a stop light and was keeping up with the other car or almost. The other car was faster than me and pulling away from me slowly, police car came from other side made u turn turned on lights pulled me over.
 Told me I was 13 over and I explained honestly I wasn't watching but keeping up with the other car. His reply was, " The other car looked to be faster than you and might have radared him, your both going to fast and its not fair for me to write you a ticket and not the other car." He gave me a verbal warning.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »
friggin cops, very few I have met were quite awesome, most sad to say, got picked on too much in grade school and want revenge and are power hungry dirtbags,  and trust me I have dealt with more cops then most 10 people.

you cant and wont win, even if you are "right" does not matter, YOU are the one who got popped they will not care about anything you have to say.

I will say once about 15 years ago, I went through Texas, coming into Fort Worth, I was clocked at 101 in my 73 Dodge Challenger and he let me go with no Ticket, and more recently I have been treated very well by the cops in the town I live in now, it is confusing to me, who grew up hating cops,  I was driving an unregistered car and he let me drive away.

so my first instinct is to just pay, but hey you never know, Cap has it right if you want to try and fight it.

INK

Ink, you sound like a screwball. Trust me, I have dealt with more screwballs then most 10 people.

So thats the yardstick with characters like you eh? The "good ones" give you breaks for your infantile driving "which BTW puts the entire community at risk", and the "dirtbags who were picked on as children" are the ones who penalize you for your stupid, immature, illegal driving by giving you a ticket? That about sum it up?

Perhaps you should go in for a brain scan Inky.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 09:00:21 AM »
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God ?

You guys just dont get it do you? You insist the dirtbag cops adhere to this but here you all sit trying to scheme, wheedle, and slither, around it. Just because another car was also speeding doesnt mean it was OK for you to do it. The reason we stop the slow guy is because we can only stop one car at a time and the slower guy is probably closest to the squad.

Cap Im glad I dont live or work in Lindenwolds, where-ever the heck that is. Here we give citizenship awards to people who actually have a D.L. . If they have insurance too they might get a street named after them. Im talking entire communities who feel its their right to never have to get a D.L., insurance, or pay their fines. And why should they? If its traffic only they can add to their I-Bond collection, "we dont house for traffic anymore", and the stupid tax-payer will keep paying their freight.

To get "followed around" here you have to be doing stickups with a gun ,and, selling rock by the oz. Even then you have to take a ticket at the counter. :lol
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »
Ink, you sound like a screwball. Trust me, I have dealt with more screwballs then most 10 people.

So thats the yardstick with characters like you eh? The "good ones" give you breaks for your infantile driving "which BTW puts the entire community at risk", and the "dirtbags who were picked on as children" are the ones who penalize you for your stupid, immature, illegal driving by giving you a ticket? That about sum it up?

Perhaps you should go in for a brain scan Inky.

Do you know INK well enough to make this assumption?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
You guys just dont get it do you? You insist the dirtbag cops adhere to this but here you all sit trying to scheme, wheedle, and slither, around it. Just because another car was also speeding doesnt mean it was OK for you to do it. The reason we stop the slow guy is because we can only stop one car at a time and the slower guy is probably closest to the squad.

protect and serve the government.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »

Cap Im glad I dont live or work in Lindenwolds, where-ever the heck that is. Here we give citizenship awards to people who actually have a D.L. . If they have insurance too they might get a street named after them. Im talking entire communities who feel its their right to never have to get a D.L., insurance, or pay their fines. And why should they? If its traffic only they can add to their I-Bond collection, "we dont house for traffic anymore", and the stupid tax-payer will keep paying their freight.

To get "followed around" here you have to be doing stickups with a gun ,and, selling rock by the oz. Even then you have to take a ticket at the counter. :lol

lets put it this way. there's a road here. the speed limit sign is as follows:

speed limit 25
    8:30AM to 5:30PM

outside of those hours, the speed limit is 35.

the officer wrote me up for 38mph in a 25mph zone. at that time, i had my 400hp mustang gt. i was driving with the flow of traffic, and a little farther behind the car in front of me than normal.

i got stopped. more than likely because i stuck out like a sore thumb.

anyway, i plead not guilty, and took a pic. of the sign. went to court, was disgustingly polite(i was younger, and it was hard as hell back then). i showed the picture to the judge, and he looked at the ticket. it was written, with the time marked as 8:39AM.
 i explained to the judge that i was stopped at 8:15.
 he asked the officer, who said it may have been earlier than 8:30 when he stopped me.

the judge threw it out.

that dude spent months tryin to catch me doing something wrong.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »

So, in other words, you would go for the easy one rather than the more dangerous one? You couldn't note the plate number of the slower one and then chase down the faster one? Let's face it, if you blow by the slower of the two chasing the faster, don't you think the slower one will immediately slow down when he sees your lights? Doesn't that actually accomplish the purpose?

I have several cops in the immediate family, including a brother.

In 40 years of driving, I've only had run-ins with three cops that I found to be objectionable. I haven't gotten a ticket since 1986. Two years ago, I observed a cop in the county aviation unit using his lights to clear traffic so he could get to work on time. He did this every time I saw him, which was at least four days a week. Sooner or later, someone was going to panic and there was going to be an accident. After a big snow, I was driving my SUV to work one morning, and I see the crown vic running up my ass. The road was plowed, but the shoulder was not cleared. On go the lights.. No where to pull over to, so I continue. With too much traffic to safely pass me, he was stuck. We travel about 1/2 mile to where I finally get to a cross street and turn. He follows me, so I pull over, into the parking lot of a aviation supply company. He gets out and proceeds to yell at me for not yielding to an emergency vehicle.

My patience is gone... I ask him, "Where was I supposed to pull over to? If you have an emergency, why are you standing here yelling at me?"

He turns beet red. "License, registration and insurance card... Now!"

I continue. "You have no emergency, that's bullshirt. I see you using the lights to shove people out of the way every day. That, as I'm sure you know, is a department policy violation."

He glares at me as I hand him the documents. I hand him one more item. My PBA card. Yep, my brother is a County Deputy, and a Sergeant to boot. He does much of the news media interaction for the department. The cop's eyes open wide... He recognizes the issuing officer's name. Uh-oh, this isn't good.

"I think that it's time to discuss with your supervisor how you are misusing a department unit . So please, make my day. Write me a ticket."

He handed me my documents got into his car and left. I called my brother and described the incident. He made a personal visit to the aviation unit supervisor. My brother will only say that he took care of the problem.

How's this for irony? Christmas day, my brother tells us that he has been offered a transfer to the aviation unit. They are purchasing a fixed wing aircraft for patrolling the interstate, and my brother is the most experienced fixed wing private pilot in the department (single engine, multi-engine and instrument ratings). He's thrilled. His wife is happy for him, as this was his dream.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2009, 11:37:23 AM »
Do you know INK well enough to make this assumption?

i think rich(i don't mean this as a personal attack) is one of those jaded police officers.

notice, that he faults each and every one of us for trying to help the kid out?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
i think rich(i don't mean this as a personal attack) is one of those jaded police officers.

LMAO.. ya think.
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »
LMAO.. ya think.

ya.....i tried to put it nicely though.

i've met quite a few.......some by way of mutual friends. some by way of being stopped. some by way of customer relationships.

hell. my sergeant friend quit because of it. he's now a civilian employee in his town. cool guy.

BTW, since there's a couple car nuts in this thread.....he has a 65 buick grand sport with a 455. i feel bad for him though, as he's stubborn with it. he keeps trying to do the engine himself, and has almost constant problems with it.
 i even arranged for my machine shop friend to do it for him.

i think to date, his best 1/4 mile time was a 10.99. it's full weight, street legal. <drooly icon here>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"