Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4541 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »
Given the severity of the offense, he'll show up regardless.   Just call tomorrow.    If this was a lesser offense, you MIGHT luck out on that. 

That's what I was thinking. Thank you!

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2009, 01:40:20 PM »
That's my feeling. I hold no animosity toward the Cop and was very polite when talking to him during the ticket, "Yes sir, no sir, my apologies, sir" (Wasn't trying to be a kiss arse that's just how I deal with authority).

I have two questions left:

1) The equipment: I think we have determined it was Lidar that got me. Now I know a laser can pinpoint the target, but from 753feet, is there a possibility the officer had hit one of the other cars? He showed my the gun to demonstrate that it really WAS clocked at 83, but I noticed there was no aiming device I could see. Could he have accurately picked out a single car in a pack from 753ft especially if it really WAS going 83mph?

2) Now, as I am a minor, I need to be accompanied by my guardian in court. Here is a snag. My date is 26 January 2010. My guardian is a single mother who has been out of work for several months, and starts a new job just a few days prior. She cannot afford to take the day off. Would that be a good enough reason to request the date be changed? If so, is it better to let the court know ASAP and be cooperative? Or wait until the last minute (48 hours notice) and hope it throws the officer off to the point he doesn't show up?

Seriously doubt you'll beat the ticket. However IF you decide to "give it a go"..take RT's advice.  Advise the court of your situation..I'm sure they'll work w/you.
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »
Don't get this thread locked before we find out what happens! lol

Cops are people, some people are nice, some people are not.  People have good days, people have bad days.

I wonder how many people who have problems with police gave attitude to the officer right from the start?  I've got a ton of respect for what police officers have to deal with.  On the other hand I have no doubt some of those officers transfer some of that bottled up aggression towards some guy who tries to tell a little lie to get out of a ticket.  That might be the first police officer that guy talks to in months but it's one of a dozen the officer has dealt with that day.

Polite and courteous, how hard is that to do, not just to LEOs but everyone?  Do that (but still know your rights) and you'll do pretty well.  Life isn't fair so sometimes you just gotta suck it up and move on.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2009, 01:44:25 PM »
Don't get this thread locked before we find out what happens! lol

Cops are people, some people are nice, some people are not.  People have good days, people have bad days.

I wonder how many people who have problems with police gave attitude to the officer right from the start?  I've got a ton of respect for what police officers have to deal with.  On the other hand I have no doubt some of those officers transfer some of that bottled up aggression towards some guy who tries to tell a little lie to get out of a ticket.  That might be the first police officer that guy talks to in months but it's one of a dozen the officer has dealt with that day.

Polite and courteous, how hard is that to do, not just to LEOs but everyone?  Do that (but still know your rights) and you'll do pretty well.  Life isn't fair so sometimes you just gotta suck it up and move on.

LEO's have a job that does NOT allow the usage of what is in bold.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
LEO's have a job that does NOT allow the usage of what is in bold.

Well just like almost every other job, you have to work when you're having a bad day.  You work around it, handle it however you can.  But we're all human, you'll have a shorter patience on those days.

I'm not saying a citizen should suffer because of it, but you probably won't if you're courteous.  It's really a no win situation, there are definitely some bad cops out there but there are plenty of good ones doing good things.

Folks, play nice.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2009, 02:51:05 PM »
Ink, you sound like a screwball. Trust me, I have dealt with more screwballs then most 10 people.

So thats the yardstick with characters like you eh? The "good ones" give you breaks for your infantile driving "which BTW puts the entire community at risk", and the "dirtbags who were picked on as children" are the ones who penalize you for your stupid, immature, illegal driving by giving you a ticket? That about sum it up?

Perhaps you should go in for a brain scan Inky.

thats funny, you are a cop right, I believe I remember that from somewhere reading in here... ya you would not like me in person , because I would tell you just like it is, cop or not, one thing you "cops" forget is you are SERVANTS, but you think you have power over the "civs" LOL  well this is one "civ" that is not intimated by you or your badge, or your guns...you guys(cops) think you are above the rest of the "civs" above the law,  and that straight up pisses me off, the biggest criminals in this country wear suits and ties, and BADGES. 
   Prisons are FULL of people who use drugs, who the F... are you people to tell someone what they can do with there own body?????   
last time I checked we are supposed to live in a free country :rolleyes:   you work for this "system" and enforce it's "laws" so that tells me you agree with them, LOL you say it's a "privilege" to drive on "OUR" roads SORRY it is NOT a privilege, it is MY right, I own these friggen roads, me and every other American OWN these roads, YOU my friend are our SERVANTS...To protect and SERVE.
  you don't "protect" anyone but your OWN interests and "serve" your own desires. 

I have met a very few cops who truly understand there job, and truly want to help people,these are the ones I respect, most just love the fact that they can carry a gun and dictate people lives, sounds like to me you fall into this category, but I am not surprised by this at all, for POWER corrupts.

and as far as being a "screwball" I'm sure to you I am, and I wear that Proudly,  "...characters like you..."  :lol you have no clue as to my character, I live by a very few "rules"

Honor...Integrity...Honesty.. .

the things I HATE

Thieves...A Lying Tongue(one who loves to lie) and People who try to dictate someone else's life!!     

two more thoughts that I live by

No Harm no foul...I will not go to war until war comes to me.

NO MAN has the right to judge another man, 99.99% of this countries "laws" are JUDGMENTAL laws, and should all be stricken down,

I end with this

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Paul "INK" Fields

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »

2) Now, as I am a minor, I need to be accompanied by my guardian in court. Here is a snag. My date is 26 January 2010. My guardian is a single mother who has been out of work for several months, and starts a new job just a few days prior. She cannot afford to take the day off. Would that be a good enough reason to request the date be changed? If so, is it better to let the court know ASAP and be cooperative? Or wait until the last minute (48 hours notice) and hope it throws the officer off to the point he doesn't show up?

Have your mother write to the court requesting a postponement and explaining why. There should be no problem getting one postponement.

There can be a side benefit, although it's very rare. I know of one case where the officer who wrote a ticket retired before the case came before a judge.. Ticket was dismissed.

A standard tactic is to drag out the process as long as possible. The cop could misplace his notes, and at the very least, the event will not be fresh in his memory.

In the meanwhile, see if you can get a mechanic to sign a notarized statement that your car could not possibly attain 83 mph, especially going up hill.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
So ink, how long has Homeland Security been tracking you? lol

Folks, play nice.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »
Well just like almost every other job, you have to work when you're having a bad day.  You work around it, handle it however you can.  But we're all human, you'll have a shorter patience on those days.

I'm not saying a citizen should suffer because of it, but you probably won't if you're courteous.  It's really a no win situation, there are definitely some bad cops out there but there are plenty of good ones doing good things.

Again, no one has said they "hate cops".   The "inferences" made always crack me up. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2009, 03:37:50 PM »
Again, no one has said they "hate cops".   The "inferences" made always crack me up. 

Wow, I don't remember ever saying that everyone here "hated cops," actually I don't think I got anywhere near that.

The "inferences" made always crack me up. 

Folks, play nice.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
So ink, how long has Homeland Security been tracking you? lol

hey just because I am paranoid don't mean they aint following me :D

I just tell it like it is, don't care about being "politically correct"  :rolleyes: 

and I don't Hate cops either, just think they are not needed, every one should police themselves!! I have NEVER called the cops and NEVER will, I am my own Police.

I also feel, if we are gonna have "cops" they should not be able to carry "LIVE" ammo, there are many ways to take care of a situation were someone needs to be "controlled" they should not be allowed to kill Americans!   

INK

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
Can't hurt to fight it.  Go to court, tell your story, say you want to see the film from the dash cam.

Be sure to also tell the judge about your encounter with the two Pineapples that stole your back pack.  I'm sure that will illicite some sympathy from the judge.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »
i think rich(i don't mean this as a personal attack) is one of those jaded police officers.

notice, that he faults each and every one of us for trying to help the kid out?

Rich reminds of the cop that won Police Officer of the Year for Coronado.  The cop got the top spot because he actually issued a couple of tickets to his mother and then the next time he pulled her over, had her car impounded because of unpaid tickets.  That's the kind of cop Richie Boy is.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »
Be sure to also tell the judge about your encounter with the two Pineapples that stole your back pack.  I'm sure that will illicite some sympathy from the judge.

ack-ack

back pack thieves are low priority cop work, too much work and too little bounty.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2009, 04:31:53 PM »
hey just because I am paranoid don't mean they aint following me :D

I just tell it like it is, don't care about being "politically correct"  :rolleyes: 

and I don't Hate cops either, just think they are not needed, every one should police themselves!! I have NEVER called the cops and NEVER will, I am my own Police.

I also feel, if we are gonna have "cops" they should not be able to carry "LIVE" ammo, there are many ways to take care of a situation were someone needs to be "controlled" they should not be allowed to kill Americans!   

INK

Well I can't say I agree with everything you say but  :aok for being such a strait-shooter.  To each his own.  I've got no problem with you.

Oh, and I didn't say you people hate cops!  :furious  lol

Folks, play nice.