Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
Nothing pisses me off more than a speed trap sitting at the bottom of a hill.

There is a really cheesy one in Chula Vista, heading out towards Old 94 Highway.  Part of the highway is 55mph as you go back behind Otay Resevoir into the back country and then there is a last hair pin turn before you turn on Old 94 Highway.  Right at the end of the turn, the speed limit is posted 35mph and there is always a SD County Deputy Sheriff car parked right at the end of the turn.  During rush hour times, there are 2-3 deputy sheriffs with a line of cars pulled over for breaking the posted speed limit.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »
     The last high-speed ticket I got was several years ago when I lived in Raleigh, NC.  I had just got off work at 1am and had 1.5 hrs to drive home and be back at work at 9am.  I hit the beltway and without noticing I jumped the limit.  As I passed the cruiser and I saw the lights come on I looked down and saw 71. the speed limit was 55.  I pulled over and waited for the officer to catch up.  He ran through the routine questions. When he asked if I knew how fast I was going I said " Actually yes, after I saw your lights come on. I just got off work and live X and have to be back at work in the morning".  I got my court date and showed up at traffic court. I had never been in a "big" city court room before. The asst. DA was standing at a podium right by the gate to the front of the courtroom. She would call a name, talk to the person, and then send them up to speak with the judge.  I listened to several folks argue with the judge about the ticket. Of the 20 or so before me 1 argued his way out of the ticket. When my name was called the asst DA asked me if I planned to fight the charge. I told her no I was speeding I have to grounds to fight. She then  lowered the charge to 59 in a 55.  My fine went from almost 500 bucks to 110 just by not being a jerk and admitting I was at fault.
   You are going to pay a fine period.  Show that you aren't just a punk teenager and they will probably show mercy. You will get nailed with court costs no matter what. My ticket was 5 dollars plus 105 court cost.  Now I live in a small town and my cousin is the sheriff and my brother is a dispatcher so I can get tickets dismissed now. Above all BE RESPECTFUL because that goes farther than anything else.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »
double post.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:23:50 PM by dev1ant »
Deviant

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »
Never really had much contact with police however the little I have had was negative.  Generally I'm not really doing anything wrong and they just waste my time.  IMO there needs to be a severe readjustment in the attitude of Police Officers and the manner in which they interact with the public they are supposed to be serving.
Deviant

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
" Now I live in a small town and my cousin is the sheriff and my brother is a dispatcher so I can get tickets dismissed now."  you are disrespecting the law and should be in jail along with the person that dismissed the tickets. It is criminals like you that make life hard for people like us.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2009, 05:29:56 PM »
Probation before judgment. You live on an island not like you were going anywhere Serenity lmao. :devil
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
Probation before judgment. You live on an island not like you were going anywhere Serenity lmao. :devil

If he does try, this dude is gonna be hunting that haole ass.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »
I have had encounters with police all over the world.  In the UAE where nost people get into trouble I got in and out of trouble by just being polite.  In Mexico where most people get into trouble because of the "I am an American YOU cant touch me" attitude, I have lived and worked there and never gotten into trouble, Be polite.  They are just like you and me.  I am a heavy equipment operator, I can be a mean person, if someone is rude I have all the dirt in the area, and the machines to move it.  The police have the same power, but they can take your time, and money.  If you are polite, you will never have a problem.  Would you be rude to a Waiter, or a Nurse?  Police just have a job to do, and it is a dangerous job, Some Cops get shot at more than I do and that is a feat.  
AKAK he is safe from the Dog if he goes to Mexico, The Dogg is PNGed there.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2009, 05:55:53 PM »
" Now I live in a small town and my cousin is the sheriff and my brother is a dispatcher so I can get tickets dismissed now."  you are disrespecting the law and should be in jail along with the person that dismissed the tickets. It is criminals like you that make life hard for people like us.
cute and moronic
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »
Im faulting everyone of you, mostly you Cap, for telling the kid to Lie while under oath. Is that simple enough for you?

You and a few others trying to prod this kid into commiting a felony, this Ink clown with his insults? Gee yathink im the one Jaded...

Ink clown with his insults???

:rofl :rofl

where exactly did I insult you ???   please show me the error of my ways :pray   funny I stated the truth and you call it insults :rofl

I have a feeling you are the one with serious issues and should have your "badge" removed.

I would bet money you are totally OK with what happened at Waco...and Ruby ridge.

yup you and I definitely would not like each other in person(not that we do here), thing is I would tell you to your face and deal with you on my own, You on the other hand would call all your "LEO's" for back-up and think you are the "man".

cant fix stupid   

there that's an insult.

Paul "INK" Fields

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »

lol you miss read my post... he did NOT give me a ticket...my guess was because my car was so cool :D

oopsie.......mis read.

he didn't ticket ya, because he knew there was no way one of them would go that fast..... :noid :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
Ink, you sound like a screwball. Trust me, I have dealt with more screwballs then most 10 people.

So thats the yardstick with characters like you eh? The "good ones" give you breaks for your infantile driving "which BTW puts the entire community at risk", and the "dirtbags who were picked on as children" are the ones who penalize you for your stupid, immature, illegal driving by giving you a ticket? That about sum it up?

Perhaps you should go in for a brain scan Inky.

my yardstick is pretty simple. long as you're honest....and you treat me and mine well, you get the same back from me.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2009, 06:40:03 PM »
That's my feeling. I hold no animosity toward the Cop and was very polite when talking to him during the ticket, "Yes sir, no sir, my apologies, sir" (Wasn't trying to be a kiss arse that's just how I deal with authority).

I have two questions left:

1) The equipment: I think we have determined it was Lidar that got me. Now I know a laser can pinpoint the target, but from 753feet, is there a possibility the officer had hit one of the other cars? He showed my the gun to demonstrate that it really WAS clocked at 83, but I noticed there was no aiming device I could see. Could he have accurately picked out a single car in a pack from 753ft especially if it really WAS going 83mph?

2) Now, as I am a minor, I need to be accompanied by my guardian in court. Here is a snag. My date is 26 January 2010. My guardian is a single mother who has been out of work for several months, and starts a new job just a few days prior. She cannot afford to take the day off. Would that be a good enough reason to request the date be changed? If so, is it better to let the court know ASAP and be cooperative? Or wait until the last minute (48 hours notice) and hope it throws the officer off to the point he doesn't show up?

bear in mind.......he showed you the reading. did that also show that it was your car?

police use that ploy a lot. they hope that the guy will then give up right then and there, and simply pay their fine.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
Don't get this thread locked before we find out what happens! lol

Cops are people, some people are nice, some people are not.  People have good days, people have bad days.

I wonder how many people who have problems with police gave attitude to the officer right from the start?  I've got a ton of respect for what police officers have to deal with.  On the other hand I have no doubt some of those officers transfer some of that bottled up aggression towards some guy who tries to tell a little lie to get out of a ticket.  That might be the first police officer that guy talks to in months but it's one of a dozen the officer has dealt with that day.

Polite and courteous, how hard is that to do, not just to LEOs but everyone?  Do that (but still know your rights) and you'll do pretty well.  Life isn't fair so sometimes you just gotta suck it up and move on.

i deal with customers all day long. sometimes i'm in a piss-poor mood. sometimes i'm not. the hardest thing, though is having a customer that you hate dealing with, come in when you're in that piss poor mood.
 yet, no one everEVER knows i'm in that piss poor mood. well......besides me.
 if i can do it, then most other people can.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
There is a really cheesy one in Chula Vista, heading out towards Old 94 Highway.  Part of the highway is 55mph as you go back behind Otay Resevoir into the back country and then there is a last hair pin turn before you turn on Old 94 Highway.  Right at the end of the turn, the speed limit is posted 35mph and there is always a SD County Deputy Sheriff car parked right at the end of the turn.  During rush hour times, there are 2-3 deputy sheriffs with a line of cars pulled over for breaking the posted speed limit.

ack-ack

i can list a half dozen of em in a 10 mile stretch on rt 295, going from lawnside to columbus nj.

when i come home from philly, i come across the walt whitman bridge, take rt 676 to rt 295, and get off on rt 30. i drive 6 miles on rt 30. if it's after 11pm, there's guaranteed to be no less than a dozen police parked where they think no one notices them. there's usually more.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"