Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »
there was a diagram on that site...it showed how the beam could've hit another car.

personally, i'd be of the belief that he "shot" one of the closer cars to him as they passed you. that's the only part you should be concerning with right now.
 you were stopped, and written up for someone else's wrong. period. now, you just need to prove it.

remember, even if you were the target, the beam "spreads" over distance. the farther the distance, the more spread. brings us back to the other vehicle getting shot.

Thanks. Reading through the manual, it only mentions range being in meters, not feet. Could it be that the range was 753meters instead of 753 feet? If so, that is 143meters beyond the maximum range...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
Thanks. Reading through the manual, it only mentions range being in meters, not feet. Could it be that the range was 753meters instead of 753 feet? If so, that is 143meters beyond the maximum range...

quite possibly. i think the conversion is approximatly 3 ft to every meter.

3.3 ' = 1.00584 m
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »
That's the same site I got the original idea of which unit they use here. I'm not trying to argue, I just want to make sure any information I use is correct. So, looking at the three beam pattern from a distance (That site displays a shot from 750 feet conveniently enough) the beam still appears accurate enough to peg an individual car, so really my only point of contention can be that his aim was off. Could that be considered likely from 750feet?

LIDAR (it's not really laser :) ) has all sorts of oddities, someone did a test in the UK that showed a LIDAR picking up secondary reflections of signs to give false readings. His beam was either offset and he picked someone else up,  or he picked up a secondary reflection. This units operate off an IR frequency,  it's prone to interference from the sun, halogens, high powered LED's found on modern tail lights even (laser jammers use a head or heads with an array of strong IR frequency LED emitters to blind the guns - not the same as tv remotes though).

If you can get him to admit there were other vehicles present, that the range was handheld, then see how steady his hand is... well :)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »
quite possibly. i think the conversion is approximatly 3 ft to every meter.

3.3 ' = 1.00584 m

I'm trying to decide if it really could have been that far... I'm having a hell of a time deciding whether that was a reasonable number... 2300 feet...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »
I'm trying to decide if it really could have been that far... I'm having a hell of a time deciding whether that was a reasonable number... 2300 feet...

1320 feet is 1/4 of a mile.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »
i always see cars pulled over by the georgia state pd...on rt 95.

That little stretch of 95 must be the Honey Highway for Georgia State Troopers.  I have yet to go through it while traveling up the eastern seaboard without going through dozens of speed traps. Last trip through, we counted 35 state troopers and probably two dozen local PDs through that ~100 mile stretch of road. 

NEVER SPEED ON 95 IN GEORGIA.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2009, 12:48:12 PM »
That little stretch of 95 must be the Honey Highway for Georgia State Troopers.  I have yet to go through it while traveling up the eastern seaboard without going through dozens of speed traps. Last trip through, we counted 35 state troopers and probably two dozen local PDs through that ~100 mile stretch of road. 

See it all the time heading to Florida, and they hit I-85 just as bad when I head down to Atlanta.  I know from traveling that road as a kid, that you definitely want to make sure you slow down through SC and GA. 
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2009, 12:53:36 PM »
yes.....but i am also a public servant in my own way. i am part of the infrastructure that keeps people on the road. i refuse to let a customer see me in a bad mood.

Oh Look, now he's a Public servant. To go along with being a radar and court expert. Here we'll pin this on you and really make you one. This way you say it was a "public service" in accounting for about 1/3 the posts here in this silly thread :lol
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

i keep the cruise control set at about 8mph over the limit.

last time i drove down that way, had a guy in a van climbed up my arse. so close he probably got buzzed from my exhaust.
 after about 3 miles, he whips out into the left lane, and hammers it. as he goes by, i see the trooper hiding in the trees in the center..right where they always hide. i see his lights go on, and did nothing....as hitting the brakes at that point would've been bad.
 he cam screaming up the right lane, right behind me, whips around me, and a mile or so down the road, he's got the van.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2009, 01:14:47 PM »
Oh Look, now he's a Public servant. To go along with being a radar and court expert. Here we'll pin this on you and really make you one. This way you say it was a "public service" in accounting for about 1/3 the posts here in this silly thread :lol
(Image removed from quote.)

some of us are humble.

and yes, we are. who keeps your cruiser on the road? it sure as heck isn't you.

i am part of the infrastructure that keeps everyone moving. period.

also, i never claimed to be either. i was and am simply telling him to use common sense, and be polite and concise.

i can see where you'd not like that though, because if he does that, he's gonna win, since he's going through this for someone elses fault.
 we aren't just sheep, although you guys seem to think we should be.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »
Man Cap, you know how many times I have wished there was a LEO around for someone like that?

Never has come true, if you want to speed fine but don't practically clip my rear bumper and cut me off afterward.

Strip

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »
Man Cap, you know how many times I have wished there was a LEO around for someone like that?

Never has come true, if you want to speed fine but don't practically clip my rear bumper and cut me off afterward.

Strip

yea i know. he had to have realized he was gonna hafta pass me. so why climb up on me like that, slow down, then whip around like that?

on that same note though.....2 weeks ago, had a dodge ram climb up my arse as i was in the left lane passing someone. he slowed, never flashed any lights or anything.
 i finished the pass, moved over, and low and behold, there goes one of nj's finest blowing by. i guess he has special "hi speed tailgating" training.
 i pulled out behind him, and at 85mph he was still pullin away. couldn't have been on a call, as he'd have flashed me to get the hell outta the way then.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »

many years ago when I was a crazy sum-bith, (before the kids) I took of from Derry, NH on my way to Florida in my Challenger,me and my wife (girlfriend at the time) got into a fight, so I put the peddle to the floor, I made it to Darren, Georgia in a little under 17 hours, I was averaging 125 MPH , topped it out at 150, outside of Darren I heard a VERY load Bang, I thought I put a piston through the block, I mean cmon doing over a 120 for 17 hours it musta been a piston, nope my rear tread on driver side came off the tire, (it was a retread) I was at 125 when that happened, so I pull into a gas station to get a new tire, took me 5 hours to get back on the road, while I was stuck at the station, the guy that was helping me get the tire was talking about how bad the cops were in that area, and could not believe I just went through most of there state at over 125, and never got pulled over, LOL I was was still very pissed so I just did not give a puck, when I left Darren I put it to the floor again, and made it to Florida with that 5 HR lay over in just under 23 hours, LOL that was a crazy ride.  
  this and many other things is why I love my Challenger, why MOPAR is my favorite.

now for mr officer Rich, I don't drive like that any more :D Kids mellow you out a bit and I got a tribe full of em.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »

many years ago when I was a crazy sum-bith, (before the kids) I took of from Derry, NH on my way to Florida in my Challenger,me and my wife (girlfriend at the time) got into a fight, so I put the peddle to the floor, I made it to Darren, Georgia in a little under 17 hours, I was averaging 125 MPH , topped it out at 150, outside of Darren I heard a VERY load Bang, I thought I put a piston through the block, I mean cmon doing over a 120 for 17 hours it musta been a piston, nope my rear tread on driver side came off the tire, (it was a retread) I was at 125 when that happened, so I pull into a gas station to get a new tire, took me 5 hours to get back on the road, while I was stuck at the station, the guy that was helping me get the tire was talking about how bad the cops were in that area, and could not believe I just went through most of there state at over 125, and never got pulled over, LOL I was was still very pissed so I just did not give a puck, when I left Darren I put it to the floor again, and made it to Florida with that 5 HR lay over in just under 23 hours, LOL that was a crazy ride.  
  this and many other things is why I love my Challenger, why MOPAR is my favorite.

now for mr officer Rich, I don't drive like that any more :D Kids mellow you out a bit and I got a tribe full of em.

IN officer rich's eyes, you, me, and all of us are all ultra melons and criminals.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »
we aren't just sheep, although you guys seem to think we should be.

"We"? "you guys"? What are you a tribal leader now? Ole Deputy Cap loves to troll for support when he's on one of his cop fantasys. Dont be one of his tools. Boy Serenity I hope you have the sense to hire a Lawyer instead of listening to some of this hogwash.

Cap has issues. Hes the kid in the treehouse that always wanted to grow up and be a cop and for some reason he couldnt.

The ticket can impact you so a Lawyer is worth the $100. Good luck with it. You sound like a nice person.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"