Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »
Well, if we endangered other motorists we are, however 8-15 mph over is not 50-70 mph over. The reality is if the road is clear your only going leave yourself as a greasy spot. Whenever I do high speed runs like that its usually down two back country roads that I know very well. Doing that down I-75 during the middle of the day is just plain stupid, even if your Mario Andretti.

My personal best is 140 down a two lane blacktop headed out to the race track, in a topless Corvette. She was still pulling hard but I let off for some crossroads that were coming up. Even though it was night and I could probably see a car well before he pulled out. There is a fine line between stupidity and just having fun when it comes to speeding like that. I have always favored being safe towards other motorists but some are not like minded, those are the ultra melons and true criminals.

Strip

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2009, 02:12:27 PM »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »
IN officer rich's eyes, you, me, and all of us are all ultra melons and criminals.

you got that right, that was my little needle :D

I like how you mentioned "sheep" and that is exactly what most "think" and I love it when they tried to intimidate me, especially in prison lol, they did not like me there,lets just say I did what ever I wanted lol, (although there isn't much to do in Prison.)  
  its been awhile since I had to deal with the cops, Other then the recent ones in my town, its funny every one says they are Major jerks around here, But They have been very Polite to me and treated me extremely well, calling me MR Fields and such LOL   But then again when you look someone in the eyes you can see who they are, they are windows, most people don't like what they see in mine.

oh and we should get a northern AH convention going at some point that would be cool :aok  

INK

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2009, 02:17:49 PM »
"We"? "you guys"? What are you a tribal leader now? Ole Deputy Cap loves to troll for support when he's on one of his cop fantasys. Dont be one of his tools. Boy Serenity I hope you have the sense to hire a Lawyer instead of listening to some of this hogwash.

Cap has issues. Hes the kid in the treehouse that always wanted to grow up and be a cop and for some reason he couldnt.

The ticket can impact you so a Lawyer is worth the $100. Good luck with it. You sound like a nice person.

where do you gather i have issues? from what i can tell, and from what my friends can tell, i don't seem to have any.

well....unless the truth is my issues.

and where are you finding a lawyer for $100? i want his number for future reference.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
you got that right, that was my little needle :D

I like how you mentioned "sheep" and that is exactly what most "think" and I love it when they tried to intimidate me, especially in prison lol, they did not like me there,lets just say I did what ever I wanted lol, (although there isn't much to do in Prison.)  
  its been awhile since I had to deal with the cops, Other then the recent ones in my town, its funny every one says they are Major jerks around here, But They have been very Polite to me and treated me extremely well, calling me MR Fields and such LOL   But then again when you look someone in the eyes you can see who they are, they are windows, most people don't like what they see in mine.

oh and we should get a northern AH convention going at some point that would be cool :aok  

INK

it's like i said before.

treat me and mine well, and i treat you the same.

if the officer comes to my window with an attitude, he's getting a "polite" attitude back. and of course it's recorded for posterity.

if the officer comes to my window polite and professional, then he gets polite and professional back. also recorded.

the one i mentioned before, stayed polite and professional. he asked for my stuff....i asked him why i was stopped(as i knew i wasn't speeding....saw him well before he saw me). he repeated himself, as did i. then he told me why i was stopped, and i then informed him that i needed to open my door to bring the dome light on. he said it was ok, and everything was smooth, and good.

i'd imagine had officer rich been the one to stop me, i'd have been arrested for asking the question 2x. that's why i record things like that. nj is a 1 party state.  :devil

i'm also very quick to jump with compliments, just as i am with complaints.

officer rich seems to think i'm an ass........but i can assure you, him, and anyone else reading this, that i am the farthest thing from that.

meeting me face to face would verify what i say......but then most on here say things that they'd never say face to face.
 what i say here, i would say face to face.  :aok
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:27:16 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2009, 02:31:09 PM »
it's like i said before.

treat me and mine well, and i treat you the same.

if the officer comes to my window with an attitude, he's getting a "polite" attitude back. and of course it's recorded for posterity.

if the officer comes to my window polite and professional, then he gets polite and professional back. also recorded.

the one i mentioned before, stayed polite and professional. he asked for my stuff....i asked him why i was stopped(as i knew i wasn't speeding....saw him well before he saw me). he repeated himself, as did i. then he told me why i was stopped, and i then informed him that i needed to open my door to bring the dome light on. he said it was ok, and everything was smooth, and good.

i'd imagine had officer rich been the one to stop me, i'd have been arrested for asking the question 2x. that's why i record things like that. nj is a 1 party state.  :devil

i'm also very quick to jump with compliments, just as i am with complaints.

officer rich seems to think i'm an ass........but i can assure you, him, and anyone else reading this, that i am the farthest thing from that.

Dood I have NO doubt about that, we have been talking for awhile now and you are a person I could sit back with and have a good time, just chattin.

seriously when People who think like that about me I like it because it just saves me time of dealing with them, they just stay away.

there is a saying that fits me perfect.
 "You all laugh at me cuz im different, I laugh cuz you are all the same."

INK

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2009, 02:31:48 PM »

May I ask in what way you record? Video? Tape or Digital Audio?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »
wow, the OP was a request for opinions on a specific incident involving a speeding ticket. pretty straightforward you'd think.

but ... some people here just have to wade in and spout their opinions on ... pretty much anything that peeves them. cant speak for anyone else here but if you:

1. think you're speaking on behalf of everyone else
2. think this is a good place to spout your half-formed views on freedom/anarchy
3. think its ok to break the law because you have friends/family in the local police dept and they'll get you off it
4. think laws are for everyone else, but not you
5. think just because you like seeing pages and pages of your own opinions that anyone else does

... then I personally think you probably are an ultra melon, mostly because this isnt the topic for it.

back OT has anyone actually had a similar incident to serenity?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2009, 02:50:02 PM »
May I ask in what way you record? Video? Tape or Digital Audio?

digital audio. i use an olympus digital recorder. as long as the recording is on the original media, it's admissable., if i transfer it to some other media, then it's considered "tampered", and can be questioned.

i have recording software in my cellphone too......just in case the battery is dead in the olympus recorder.

i may add video if i ever get my hot rod back on the road.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »
"We"? "you guys"? What are you a tribal leader now? Ole Deputy Cap loves to troll for support when he's on one of his cop fantasys. Dont be one of his tools. Boy Serenity I hope you have the sense to hire a Lawyer instead of listening to some of this hogwash.

Cap has issues. Hes the kid in the treehouse that always wanted to grow up and be a cop and for some reason he couldnt.

You sir are probably one of the poorest excuses for a LEO and it shows. Anytime someone disagrees with you, you pull a troll card. You are the perfect example of power corrupting.  Your supervisor should have you psyc tested. Your delusions of grandeur are astounding.

I'll bet you would lie in open court just so you could make a ticket stick. That's how much you hate to be proven wrong.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:48:33 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »
You sir are probably one of the poorest excuses for a LEO and it shows. Anytime someone disagrees with you you pull a troll card. You are the perfect example of power corrupting.  Your supervisor should have you psyc tested. Your delusions of grandeur are astounding.

I'll bet you would lie in open court just so you could make a ticket stick. That's how much you hate to be proven wrong.

Hit the nail on the head.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »
Hit the nail on the head.   

i'll post this question. the answer will tell all.

does anyone REALLY think this kid(sorry serenity) should just go into the courtroom, and plead guilty, and take the fall for someone elses speed?

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
Cap,

Brother, I dont know how you can go through life being prepared to record being pulled over by a LEO. That just rings of paranoid, maybe I have not had enough experience to understand though. I will say every cop I have met outside of his duties has been a fairly cool cat. We used to shoot IPSC and IDPA with a few at the local range, that was interesting. They would show up and act bad ass, thinking they were Rambo, at least until the shooting started. Nearly every cop that showed up was at lower end of the skill spread, even at 15 I could out shoot 9 out of 10. It was funny to watch their attitude change, many never came back....we discussed that a few times.

There was one though, he was grand master in IPSC, he made a standard issue .45 look like a .38 Super race gun.

Strip

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2009, 04:49:27 PM »
Cap,

Brother, I dont know how you can go through life being prepared to record being pulled over by a LEO. That just rings of paranoid, maybe I have not had enough experience to understand though. I will say every cop I have met outside of his duties has been a fairly cool cat. We used to shoot IPSC and IDPA with a few at the local range, that was interesting. They would show up and act bad ass, thinking they were Rambo, at least until the shooting started. Nearly every cop that showed up was at lower end of the skill spread, even at 15 I could out shoot 9 out of 10. It was funny to watch their attitude change, many never came back....we discussed that a few times.

There was one though, he was grand master in IPSC, he made a standard issue .45 look like a .38 Super race gun.

Strip

it has to do with the local police around here. there's a 50/50 chance of getting an "officer rich" type, that no matter what one was doing, no matter what one says, no matter what or how they were driving, they were wrong.
 i realize it's a bit paranoid, but it makes me feel better. it also pays to have them, in case of an accident, because often people will admit to fault right there, then deny ever saying such. such as when the lady hit my mustang head on....i didn't do this back then. at the scene, she told me it was her fault...and thankfully, there was about 5 others that heard her......but afterwards, she said "i never said that". until the other people cam forward to help out.

the archery league i used to shoot in, there were a couple philly detectives, one narc dude, and a patrolman. they were all pretty cool dudes actually.

i used to know most of stratfords officers, including the (at the time) cheif, still know some lindenwold officers, cherry hill, laurel springs......and they're all cool.

not a single one of em pulls the "superman" act when they put their uniform on.

well.....lee did sometimes, but the dude's 57 and could probably kick any or our asses.... :rofl :rofl  but he's a cool guy.

EDIT

BTW....thanks to you i shall now also be much more paranoid, and wary when i see a p-51b in the arena.  :neener: :aok

on that 2nd fight...where the dude was trying to pick you........i only went straight when i was blacked out. on the one time i pinged ya, as i fired, i blacked out again, and couldn't maintain the turn........that let you get my 6 again.
was a fun fight though.  :aok<<S>>
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 04:59:02 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »
Rich can you explain how doppler radar,lidar and laser units work?
In your explanation please include advantages and disadvantages of each one.