Author Topic: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)  (Read 4976 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
I would of lit up the 38 with a well placed 100 rounds of .50's.

See if you survive when i pop those fragile radiators and break into your skull with a swift horizontal firing line.  :devil

radiators hell!!!!

spit at a 38, and ya injure the pile-it!!

:noid :airplane:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2010, 11:52:09 PM »
radiators hell!!!!

spit at a 38, and ya injure the pile-it!!

:noid :airplane:
Meet my "Bullit" P-38 pile-it.  :D
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2010, 11:53:40 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

the front fins look sharpened.....almost like a gobbler tip..........a REALLY big one....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2010, 11:57:31 PM »
the front fins look sharpened.....almost like a gobbler tip..........a REALLY big one....
Yes, quite sharp. Enough to cut through butter!  :neener:

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »
lol wth is that thing? (i know its an explosive, but exactly what)
-AoM-

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2010, 01:16:38 AM »
Wonder how Vaporware LLC is doing these days.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2010, 02:08:05 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I think a drag stabilised artillery shell would fly B38s a lot better than most of the boys online.  :devil
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
lol wth is that thing? (i know its an explosive, but exactly what)

Its an expiramental artillery shell. It can adjust its course in flight so it won't damage civilian structures. Forget what its called though.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »
M982 Excalibur.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »
thanks spikes, I always forget that.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »
M982 Excalibur.
That's what i fire out of my 50. cal MG.  :devil

Beware P-38 pilots, for i see you!

:noid

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
It has been a LONG time since I have flown THIS game (probably close to 18 months now i think) BUT, I too LOVED chasing High Alt and med alt bombers, usually in the plane I flew 90%+ of the time, the 190A8.  I don't think that extending the proxy range is necessary - I know this style will seem hideously boring to some of you guys but I loved climbing up and flying a pattern where I knew buffs would eventually fly.  I gave them a choice, fight and kill me (they did, often) or bail while the target was well out of reach.

You can have a great bomb run by planning it out, the same applies to buff hunting, a little thought and intuition can go a LONG way.  If I come back to the game, I wouldn't want an exception made to force my prey to fight it out, if I stop that guy from bombing just by flying within icon range, I am a happy camper because I still have my alt, ammo and plane is undamaged, more important, his target is undamaged and he gets frustrated after wasting his time for zip.

I have been flying flight sims online since about '92 (Red Baron on ImagiNation Network)  The biggest mistake most pilots make (Myself especially) is not planning in advance and no patience.  I am a horrible fighter pilot but The newer crop of quakewarriors I run into, I can club like baby seals because they want instant results and rely on tactical moves rather than strategy.

Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
I am a horrible fighter pilot but The newer crop of quakewarriors I run into, I can club like baby seals because they want instant results and rely on tactical moves rather than strategy.

Old age and treachery will win every time! :devil

:salute

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
It has been a LONG time since I have flown THIS game (probably close to 18 months now i think) BUT, I too LOVED chasing High Alt and med alt bombers, usually in the plane I flew 90%+ of the time, the 190A8.  I don't think that extending the proxy range is necessary - I know this style will seem hideously boring to some of you guys but I loved climbing up and flying a pattern where I knew buffs would eventually fly.  I gave them a choice, fight and kill me (they did, often) or bail while the target was well out of reach.

You can have a great bomb run by planning it out, the same applies to buff hunting, a little thought and intuition can go a LONG way.  If I come back to the game, I wouldn't want an exception made to force my prey to fight it out, if I stop that guy from bombing just by flying within icon range, I am a happy camper because I still have my alt, ammo and plane is undamaged, more important, his target is undamaged and he gets frustrated after wasting his time for zip.

I have been flying flight sims online since about '92 (Red Baron on ImagiNation Network)  The biggest mistake most pilots make (Myself especially) is not planning in advance and no patience.  I am a horrible fighter pilot but The newer crop of quakewarriors I run into, I can club like baby seals because they want instant results and rely on tactical moves rather than strategy.

Highlighted for the denser members of the board  :D.

But would you goi into a bit more detail, and give examples? I'm a little frustrated at flying at 20K, and missing all the bomber till I land when they mysticly appear over the base and procede to down the FH and fuel.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
Sure, if it is a strat such as HQ, I up at one of the bases near there (IF several raids have been made on it that night, or the same tard knocks it down a time or 2)  I just try to position myself a couple of sectors in FRONT of his intended target.  A lot of wash, rinse, repeat bombers have little imagination and typically fly the same plane, pattern, alt over and over and over.  So guessing where they will come from isn't rocket science. (YES, I am guilty of this when I bomb too LOL)

When bases are being bombed all to hell from alt, watch the map.  That map is mighty damn handy for knowing a lot of stuff.  If bomber raids have been coming from a certain direction, look at the activity in that direction at more distant bases (if they are coming in at 15-20k or more)  Chances are, you'll get an idea where they are lifting.  I know that when I bomb, I try to find the highest alt base that is reasonably close enough to allow me to get to the alt I want and then allow my plane to reach top speed in time to calibrate the bomb site (oops forgot, you don't have to do that anymore).  When you get an idea of where they are upping from, you can ambush them while they are grabbing alt... OFTEN bombers will go AFK until they feel like they have had enough climb time.  When they are climbing, they are heavy and slow as crap... You can tear them up.... OR you can just fly cap a sector out from the area that is being hammered (TA152's will fly for ages at alt)  You don't have to pee in the serial bomber's  cheerios too many times before they move on to other targets.
Vote R.E. Lee '24