Author Topic: getting accused of cheating  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: getting accused of cheating
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2010, 01:31:43 AM »
Wasting your breath.

A few months back Greens had a thread here about his connection (he has had several) and the offer was made to help him "tweak" his dial up and make his warps go away.

I asked him to start a post in tech support and I was going to help him.

Dial up is super easy to "tweak" and if done right is just as or more stable than a high speed connection.  I too flew on a 28k dial up a few years back and it was actually smoother than the DSL I was using previously.(after I tweaked it)  Heck, it was a dial up using a 40+yr old phone system at a hotel I was staying at running through a switch board.

Amazing what a few changed settings and a custom modem string will do for a dial up connection.

Did greens ever make that post in support to get the help?  Of course not.

He would RATHER warp all over the skies.

If he fixed his warping he would get far less kills and die super quick.  (all in all he really is a terrible pilot)

This is why you will now see me comment in a snide manner on most any thread about him and his warping on the BBS.  Greens CHOOSES to warp. 
It is how he wants it.

Sums it up perfectly.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2010, 02:03:40 AM »
Wasting your breath.

A few months back Greens had a thread here about his connection (he has had several) and the offer was made to help him "tweak" his dial up and make his warps go away.

Dial up is super easy to "tweak" and if done right is just as or more stable than a high speed connection.  I too flew on a 28k dial up a few years back and it was actually smoother than the DSL I was using previously.(after I tweaked it)  Heck, it was a dial up using a 40+yr old phone system at a hotel I was staying at running through a switch board.

Amazing what a few changed settings and a custom modem string will do for a dial up connection.

Did greens ever make that post in support to get the help?

Of course not.

If he fixed his warping he would get far less kills and die super quick.  (all in all he really is a terrible pilot)

This is why you will now see me comment in a snide mannor on most any thread about him and his warping on the BBS.

Greens CHOOSES to warp. 

It is how he wants it.
Wow thats pretty sad actually.  Bj229r has dial up, not sure of his connection speed, but seems rock solid.  No he's not in Alaska. But he is buried in the mountains of West Virginia or Virginia.  Personally if I warpped as bad as some of these guys, it would drive me crazy.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:38 AM »
Wasting your breath.

Dial up is super easy to "tweak" and if done right is just as or more stable than a high speed connection.  I too flew on a 28k dial up a few years back and it was actually smoother than the DSL I was using previously.(after I tweaked it)  Heck, it was a dial up using a 40+yr old phone system at a hotel I was staying at running through a switch board.

Did greens ever make that post in support to get the help?

Of course not.

If he fixed his warping he would get far less kills and die super quick.  (all in all he really is a terrible pilot)

This is why you will now see me comment in a snide mannor on most any thread about him and his warping on the BBS.

Greens CHOOSES to warp.  

It is how he wants it.

that being said and others seem to agree, is it time yet for the good ol' thread ender :D

is this appropriate...IN!
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2010, 07:16:28 AM »
wow lute! wtg on accusations  :O <S> happy new year i dont choose to warp.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2010, 07:22:28 AM »

Have you exhausted all technical options to improve your connection?  Did you post a thread in technical support?  If you are neglecting a reasonable solution then you are choosing to warp.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
apparently i cheated the other day. I shot down baba and Zuum (163 and 262) while flying B17s. Apparently being able to aim at a con coming dead 6 on B17s is cheating now?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2010, 10:25:02 AM »

Lute has more Integrity within this Community then you'll ever achieve.   Keep this "post that never should have been started in the first place" going though!    :banana:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2010, 10:28:59 AM »
Wow thats pretty sad actually.  Bj229r has dial up, not sure of his connection speed, but seems rock solid.  No he's not in Alaska. But he is buried in the mountains of West Virginia or Virginia.  Personally if I warpped as bad as some of these guys, it would drive me crazy.

I live in between a crik and a mountain, I played on dial up for about a year and half. I had no problems at all and hardly ever warped and really solid. Started playing on sat. about 5-6 months ago. It is not as stable as the dial up but it actually isn't that bad. I get an occasional warp from opponents but only on bad days.Either weather or what, is when it actually gets bad.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »
apparently i cheated the other day. I shot down baba and Zuum (163 and 262) while flying B17s. Apparently being able to aim at a con coming dead 6 on B17s is cheating now?

wawa accused you of cheating? No, I dont believe it. :lol
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
Im only replying... :aok

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »
OJ simpson was my 1st favorite running back, top 3 in my list

Walter Payton...enough said.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil