Author Topic: Dueling vs MA fighting  (Read 33600 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dueling vs MA fighting
« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
Funny how attitudes change after a good spanking lol. How many rounds are we talking about here? 1,2,,,5?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
Funny how attitudes change after a good spanking lol. How many rounds are we talking about here? 1,2,,,5?

sad how some don't ...

as far as how i may be responding to others, note how they have changed their posting style in regards to me.

reciprocal courtesy sir ...

an unfortunate substitute for something that should be common ...
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #542 on: January 24, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »
Yep, maybe this is how you should have started all your posts lol. As for me, you are right, as soon as i receive a spanking from you i will admit i was wrong and my attitude will change. Dont expect me to change just because what i was sure was goibg to happen did happen lol. So, you never answered my question. How many rounds of almost are we talkibg about. Personally i tend to adjust after losing a couple of fights to the same person.

Offline Mighty01

• Zinc Member
« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2010, 02:08:04 PM »
Personally i tend to adjust after losing a couple of fights to the same person.

he actually improved as our fights went on, so that tells me he is a quick learner.......he just needs to put the time in, like everyone else.......

looks like he did adjust, he is only been playing Aces High for roughly 6 months.  TC's been here since beta

He even responded when asked how it went, and posted that he did not win any. Is that not good enough for everyone?

:cool:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:10:39 PM by Mighty01 »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:57 PM »
Lol, i know TC, he is just too nice. I'd actually have more respect for thor if he did not try to back pedal lol

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
Lol, i know TC, he is just too nice. I'd actually have more respect for thor if he did not try to back pedal lol

Give him some time ded.

Getting schooled by TC a dozen or more times has obviously got him thinking, "hey... there might be something to this ACM stuff".  (i.e. actually fighting it out your opponent as opposed to the b/z, pick n' run that appears to be his modus operandi )

I won't even bring up that with his injury TC is no where near 100%.
(oh wait...)

With enough time and practice I am sure the light bulb will go off and he will start thinking to himself, "you mean all this time I have been running from these dweebs instead of killing them?".

Patients Ded.  

Old dogs don't like new tricks but I sense that the dark side is strong with this one.

*and BTW TC that WAS one of the funnest fights I have had in AH for a while that we did during KOTH.  great stuff sir S!*
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:41:49 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2010, 10:00:52 PM »
There is always something you can do to get out of any situation that isnt a gang bang. Even if someone has a shot op, you can roll your aircraft to scrub or throw off your opponents shot. Most of the real good sticks like to give you a shot to set up there own, they put themself in a bad spot and time it just right.

Only gangbang really mess me up, in most situation 1 v 1 I can handle pretty okay. Even if it's my D9 vs. a Spitfire in a tnb, it's still fun rolling with that. Once it get into a gangbang though I just can't do much against that well at least in a D9. If im in a turnfighter though, most the time I do prefer 1 vs multiple. But i dunno  months stil I get back to the state to play =/
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2010, 07:54:39 AM »
Well, thorsim has not argued with me in anyway, that I can remember, over any topic..... ( no I have not went and looked at every discussion , but don't think their is any )

I am thinking the match ups we are going to have in War Birds is going to be a whole lot closer.........possibly even me getting my rearend waxed a few times....maybe all the time.....who knows........

I know that at first, I had a thought that maybe thorsim went and looked at my stats and picked the FW190A5, simply because I hardly ever fly it.......I even told him so, telling him he probably whip me arse.....ROFL....

I found both of us had trouble with the snaproll, over controlling of the roll axis/ailerons of the FW190A5........ my dueling partner / close friend who helped me with 3 warm up matches(duels), even noticed this in regards to the FW190A5, we both questioned it and hopefully this might will prompt some studys of it ( by him/us )...... it is so much more edgey(snappy) compared to the FW190A8

Actually , thorsim faired 100% better in the F4U-1 than he did in the FW190A5, and my FW190A5 flying was something not to be desired......

I see no reason to post films, only unless thorsim request me to do so.......

I look forward to seeing how the planes fly in warbirds, compared to Aces High, it has been a good 5 or 6 years since I last flew in WB's, which was just another free trial back then..... knowing hitech made both games, although it has been nearly 11 years since hitech has wrote/tweaked any "coad" for WarBirds....... am curious to see the difference..........<---not saying this whole thing is about comparing the different FM's....this is only about seeing if thorsim is worthy of wanting to prove his knowledge of being able to talk/comment with others in regards to BFM/ACM in general.... and being shown common courtesy if not respect in doing so........ I find if you at least have the courtesy to respect one's view, both will go without conflict........ we all have our own opinions/views of things........ we just got to have the ability to agree to disagree.......

on a different note........ Lute , I had tears in my eyes from laughter in that fight we had....... I even laughed harder when Dogg came over vox telling us to cut it out we was having to much fun......

TC: aha, got cha, you got a fuel leak....hahahha
Lute: back at you, now you got one.....muhahaha

I might go cut that portion of that one fight out of the film to save for memorys.....

I'll stay with Aces High for ever as long as I can have 4 fights like that a year......... it makes it all worthwhile  :salute  :cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
well i got the impression that things are different in the DA than the MA flight character wise ...

a couple of very embarrassing augers early which i avoided all evening previous to fighting TC ...

i thought i had TC on a couple crossing snap shots (A5) but missed, i did establish a superior position once but was unable to exploit that which i usually do in the MA i think both were the results of the surprisingly poor handling of the A5 that evening as we were both commenting on how touchy the plane seemed ...

this is quite odd as in the other arenas i feel that the A5 is a vacation from my usual A8 handling wise ...

why i picked it is because i thought i could fly in a familiar way in a plane that was "easier" than my usual ride, and it did not lend itself to any "tricks" like flaps and gears that i also am not used to at all. 
it had nothing to do with TC and what he flies.  all i knew about TC before the duel was that he alone was willing to put himself in a similar situation as i was by dueling in an unfamiliar environment under public scrutiny ...

as far as what else i remember, i was with TC a few more times but had a pancake or two in the hog and i remember some fights getting all the way down to the very low E low alt scissor but i either lost him "hiding" in the cross (which was very disconcerting) or just being unable to get the rear position.
however i did seem to get a few of the fights to the point where at least i felt i was close to achieving a solution

now i don't know if there is a difference in the handling of the planes in the DA vs the MA or if it was just because i was trying to match and or counter a "crisper" pilot than i usually am facing, but either way i was definitely feeling much more out of my element in the DA than i thought i would ...

one point about the duel rules (it never came up vs. TC) the 2.5 distance rule really makes resets in planes like the FWs very difficult.  there is a ton of pressure on that first merge and really defines the type of fighting and really may be unfair in a duel between different planes if you guys ever do that stuff.  it also weights the fights to the duelist because your first move is defined buy the rule instead of by the players best option ... IMO

+S+

t  
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #549 on: January 25, 2010, 09:16:10 AM »
Yep, nothing to do with you.  The flight model is different in the DA and the dueling rules were unfair (TC was using a different set? lol).  Out of your element in the DA?  I would have to agree there.  The fights are different when your opponent gets to see you coming  :lol

I once read a book on WWII fighting.  I also do pretty good in AH.  Thor logic would dictate that I would be a 733t pilot in a real F16 (unless it was not modeled correctly or the enemy was some turn-tard) lol

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »
I doubt thorsim knew this or not........but the only differences is

we used higher alt field ( 15K alt fields ) which by all means is not like fighting down low until you get there.....

and the fuel burn is 1/2 that of what is normal in the MA....MA fuel burn is 2.0 / DA fuel burn is set to your normal 1.0

so it is taking twice as long for your fuel to get to a lower state

That is the only difference between the DA & MA, is the Fuel Burn........ ( this subject has come up before many many times )

whixh really, it does not matter when you are starting with 25% to begin with..my view anyhow.......  :cheers:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #551 on: January 25, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »
well i got the impression that things are different in the DA than the MA flight character wise ..
now i don't know if there is a difference in the handling of the planes in the DA vs the MA or if it was just because i was trying to match and or counter a "crisper" pilot than i usually am facing, but either way i was definitely feeling much more out of my element in the DA than i thought i would ...

The latter.  TC has this effect on me also. 

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #552 on: January 25, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
The only other difference is the fight is usually close in. Some folks are not used to that and it can cause issues like getting ham fisted which will sometimes be pushed off as the plane handling differently.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #553 on: January 25, 2010, 09:57:25 AM »
The flight model is different in the DA
How so?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
WTF ?

can you read ?

i don't duel in any game, but i stepped up and went out of my element in an unfamiliar game against a top pilot and you sit there giving me crap because i post my impressions on things ?

you wanna learn about virtual air combat?  you want some respect from me?  bring your narrow minded self absorbed ego into the s3 and i will give you a mission to accomplish vs. the 31st, 352nd, 4th, 416th and a bunch of other really really good war gamer groups with your team depending on your ability to accomplish the task i set for you.  
no pressure just a couple hundred other guys depending on you coming through.  that is my environment, that is where i thrive.  
you know having to fight where you can't see your enemy coming, where staying alive matters almost as much as accomplishing your mission.  that is my thing, and i am very good at it.

i have not come here demanding respect, however i do not think it unreasonable to expect not to be disrespected just because i feel differently than you about games that have so many different aspects to appreciate, criticize, focus on, and enjoy.  

you sir are narrow minded and insecure to a degree i can not even imagine ...

Yep, nothing to do with you.  The flight model is different in the DA and the dueling rules were unfair (TC was using a different set? lol).  Out of your element in the DA?  I would have to agree there.  The fights are different when your opponent gets to see you coming  :lol

I once read a book on WWII fighting.  I also do pretty good in AH.  Thor logic would dictate that I would be a 733t pilot in a real F16 (unless it was not modeled correctly or the enemy was some turn-tard) lol
Axis Co-Op
blah blah Blah