Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10741 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 02:07:15 AM »
I still play because now and then the game looks right and all the history I've read over the years sneaks into the cockpit and for those few moments the game sucks me in.  My imagination gets jumbled up with all the stories and it almost feels like I'm there.

Having friends in the game that get that part and at the same time keep it in perspective and have fun makes it worth it.  Nothing like a couple of Headhunter 38s winging up and rolling in to a fight. :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2010, 02:50:05 AM »
I used to play to take bases, found a more competive aspect in the game by using ACM to shoot other planes down :aok Anyone who thinks you cant find any good fights on every sortie, your flying wrong then I normally lurk on the out skirts of hordes to drag a few out to fight them or fly with my sqaud and ask them to stay out if its a good fight.

Wmaker, did seem like you may have been running low on fuel but still a very pathetic show of your flying which I know is better then that....you could have broke off once the other 2 jumped in

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »
!!!YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2010, 04:56:41 AM »
I didn't see him do either in the film. I did see him express his disappointment at how the fight went. Then I saw wmaker being rude and trying to bait him into a whinefest, which didn't happen.

He wouldn't have heard a word from me had he stayed silent. There's no need for him to start telling me how to fly. I made the dicisions to engage at any given time. As for the whine fest, this very thread was started to have an opportunity to whine about my flying. Ohh, but snaphook isn't whining...he's just "expressing his dissapointment regarding my flying". :rolleyes:

Bragging about "setting up" a guy in an inferior plane show a lack of virtual stones.

Like I've already said, I was curious if I'd hear from him on Ch200 and he delivered, a whole thread's worth actually. :rofl

Too bad, I really thought our Finnish contingent had more class than this.  :frown:

ohh brother :rolleyes:

Had he come straight after me he would have easily had his fight. Now he decided to convert his speed back to altitude.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2010, 04:59:44 AM »
still a very pathetic show of your flying which I know is better then that....you could have broke off once the other 2 jumped in

I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about my flying. I don't fly for you or anyone else, I fly for myself. I'm not here to please you or anyone else with my flying.

Certainly I could have broke off but saw no reason to do so at that point as all I needed was couple passes. At that point I knew that I could almost glide in for landing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:08:33 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2010, 05:02:40 AM »
The people in these forums  :rolleyes:

So much for fun, eh Wmaker?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »
I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about my flying. I don't fly for you or anyone else, I fly for myself. I'm not here to please you or anyone else with my flying.

Certainly I could have but saw no reason to do so at that point as all I needed was couple passes. At that point I knew that could have almost glided in for landing.
Hey we got something in common, I dont give a crap about what you think, about what I think about your flying :noid ....just saying its pathetic, this is a public furom :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2010, 05:12:33 AM »
about what I think about your flying :noid ....just saying its pathetic, this is a public furom :aok

...and that right there makes you (and the whiney clique of this thread) rather clueless.

I guess I should have just ran myself out of fuel to please the peanut gallery.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2010, 05:55:08 AM »
-Cause my Wife dont want it
-Every Enemy has the Face of my Boss
-Cause most Action for me is at 5 am
-Cause its not only AH there are more
-Cuse I have a lot of fun even if I lose
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2010, 06:11:21 AM »
...and that right there makes you (and the whiney clique of this thread) rather clueless.

I guess I should have just ran myself out of fuel to please the peanut gallery.
Did you read my first post? I acknowleged you probably were running low on fuel.....should have just rtb in my opinion not a whine, you seem to whining about whining but wait thats right "it feeds you"

just posting what I thought no biggie, like you think it is :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2010, 08:03:35 AM »
Did you read my first post? I acknowleged you probably were running low on fuel.....should have just rtb in my opinion not a whine, you seem to whining about whining but wait thats right "it feeds you"

just posting what I thought no biggie, like you think it is :aok

Who are you to tell how wmaker or anyone else should fight on MA? You arrogant POS. Wmaker had no obligation to do anything but get another kill for the sortie when the opportunity came. Period.

The only reason the fight lasted as long as it did was because I deliberately held back at beginning not to steal his kill.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2010, 08:08:35 AM »
Who are you to tell how wmaker or anyone else should fight on MA? You arrogant POS. Wmaker had no obligation to do anything but get another kill for the sortie when the opportunity came. Period.

The only reason the fight lasted as long as it did was because I deliberately held back at beginning not to steal his kill.
easy killer.....I stated an opinion, not telling him he should fly a certain way, if I want to change how people fly all I can do is persuade, WMaker has his mind already set about this arguement so Im just gunna say his flying is weak just like yours.....Are you gunna tell me what I can post in this bbs now? I think only HTC can do that :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2010, 08:22:05 AM »
This thread is not what I expected it to be...but it still delivers nonetheless...

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2010, 08:33:27 AM »
easy killer.....I stated an opinion, not telling him he should fly a certain way, if I want to change how people fly all I can do is persuade, WMaker has his mind already set about this arguement so Im just gunna say his flying is weak just like yours.....Are you gunna tell me what I can post in this bbs now? I think only HTC can do that :aok

And by what measurement is our flying 'weak'. I'm 100% sure you wouldn't have walked away from that fight. So basically you're just padding up the other whiner.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »
And by what measurement is our flying 'weak'. I'm 100% sure you wouldn't have walked away from that fight. So basically you're just padding up the other whiner.
I wouldnt have ran away in the first place......Wmaker baited him into the gangbang, snaphook fell for it sucks to be him, but its still weak flying on wmaker's and your part.....YOU GANGED AN SPD.......nuff said.... :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"