Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10673 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
I wouldnt have ran away in the first place......Wmaker baited him into the gangbang, snaphook fell for it sucks to be him, but its still weak flying on wmaker's and your part.....YOU GANGED AN SPD.......nuff said.... :aok

Get off your high horse your whole squad would have been on a lonely SBD if given a chance. Wmaker stated he was low on fuel which is why he HAD to return back to field. What part of that is not clear to you?

Besides, even if he chose deliberately to drag him into friendlies if snaphook was too situationally challenged to see that it's his own fault :)

Not like Wmaker is sitting in gv all day shooting spawning enemies in the back or something (junky *cough* junky) :P
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2010, 08:51:53 AM »
Blame Waystin2 for the sitting on the runway thing......he got me started on that :devil

If he was rtb for fuel why did he grab alt? He was baiting and it worked......still very weak flying on your sqauds part.

If you wanna see how my sqaud flys Ill be back in game in March, you and Wmaker can go against Me and Krup :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2010, 08:55:01 AM »
Blame Waystin2 for the sitting on the runway thing......he got me started on that :devil

If he was rtb for fuel why did he grab alt? He was baiting and it worked......still very weak flying on your sqauds part.

If you wanna see how my sqaud flys Ill be back in game in March, you and Wmaker can go against Me and Krup :aok

If you want a challenge it's ok by me. Although I have very little hours logged lately. Win or lose it makes no difference anyway, it's a game. This is where we differ I think.

I used to be addicted to AH and spent excessive hours playing it. Even at my worst I didn't spend half of the hours some of the worst scoremongers spend here but it still ruined my social life enough to quit for years. Nowadays I play occasionally (mostly during weekends). Now, from experience I can tell you that if things like 'MA code' that does not exist in reality starts to bother you, you're on the brink of psychosis and you need to step down.

This is a game which people play for their personal fun. There's no honor, no code, no unwritten rules. Just a game and by whineing about nothing you just made the game less fun for other paying customers.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:00:31 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »
If you want a challenge it's ok by me. Although I have very little hours logged lately.
Me too ;)
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
Me too ;)

You do see the difference between a challenge that will take place in DA as opposed to randomly meeting in MA, right? ;)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »
Yea it would be an even fight, Ill tell you now me and Krup would just seperate you both and 1v1 yall then gang the last one....Hows its worked in our last 3 2v2s ;)
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »
wmaker i like to fly with and against you but......you sound abit like a pompous bellybutton in this thread just my 2 cents
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
 :rolleyes: Can't we just have fun fellas?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »
...and that right there makes you (and the whiney clique of this thread) rather clueless.

I guess I should have just ran myself out of fuel to please the peanut gallery.

No you could have called out on the radio "low fuel Snap" and RTB (you did admit you knew it was Snap). However you turned into the fight ONLY when you had numbers. If your true reason for not engaging was low fuel call it and stay out. How ever you proved that the reason you ran wasn't fuel, but that you were afraid to loose and not be able to get your name in lights by only engaging after there was a number of people all ready in on Snap. Lame game play.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2010, 09:36:20 AM »
No you could have called out on the radio "low fuel Snap" and RTB (you did admit you knew it was Snap). However you turned into the fight ONLY when you had numbers. If your true reason for not engaging was low fuel call it and stay out. How ever you proved that the reason you ran wasn't fuel, but that you were afraid to loose and not be able to get your name in lights by only engaging after there was a number of people all ready in on Snap. Lame game play.

You're offically a retard now pardon my language but you are. If wmaker would have engaged him 1 vs 1 it would have left him with no option to disengage and rtb for fuel. He would have run out.

When others came to keep snap busy he could AFFORD a couple shots before rtb. Quit whining, please. It was a MA kill in all its fairness.

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »

It's not that easy though. To commit on a 1v1, you need time, and thus fuel. As soon as they had the numbers on him, fuel is not an issue anymore, the fight will end quicky opposed to a 1v1. Wmakers argument makes perfect sense here. Lame gameplay? Hardly.

It's rather lame to expect to get some special treatment for flying a SBD in A2A combat, getting ganged, loose and then whine about it on 200 and here. Looking at the film and this thread, "SBD" is at least mentioned 10 times, though the plane type irrelevant for the core discussion (run from a 1v1, come back with the gang)...I wonder why it is stressed that often, maybe a "here! look at me!!" thingy?!   :headscratch:

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »
wmaker i like to fly with and against you but......you sound abit like a pompous bellybutton in this thread just my 2 cents

I'm just growing tired to part of this community. In 2000 this community would have laughed to anyone who was stupid enough to whine about his virtual demise on this board. This thread has shown that in 2010 it actually seems like commonly accepted behaviour. Because of that, I have to say I haven't felt like a part of this community for a long time. Definately consider myself part of the Finnish AH-community however...not an idiot in sight. :)

Regarding the pompous bellybutton comment...don't worry, you've sounded like one on Ch200 many times as you die as long as I can remember. I still remember the first time I ran into you, not sure if you've forgotten it or not.

Just a general comment:

The only one anyone here has control over is themselves. The moment someone starts telling others how they should spend or should have spent their free time in an online pc game, he is out of line.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:40:43 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »
Yea it would be an even fight, Ill tell you now me and Krup would just seperate you both and 1v1 yall then gang the last one....Hows its worked in our last 3 2v2s ;)

Good that you admit that you would gang so you're in the end no better than what happened in MA except in DA it's a serious break of DA rules where in MA it's competely acceptable.

You sound awfully confident that it would be your 2 against 1 though.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
didn't hitech once say the point of "the game" was to piss the other guy off?   :devil

Your both good sticks,  let's just have a big group hug and a beer   :cheers:    :banana:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2010, 09:42:25 AM »
I'm just growing tired to part of this community. In 2000 this community would have laughed to anyone who was stupid enough to whine about his virtual demise on this board. This thread has shown that in 2010 it actually seems like commonly accepted behaviour. Because of that, I have to say I haven't felt like a part of this community for a long time. Definately consider myself part of the Finnish AH-community however...not an idiot in sight. :)

Regarding the pompous bellybutton comment...don't worry, you've sounded like one on Ch200 many times as you die as long as I can remember. I still remember the first time I ran into you, not sure if you've forgotten it or not.

Just a general comment:

The only one anyone here has control over is themselves. The moment someone starts telling others how they should spend or should have spent their free time in an online pc game, he is out of line.

my point is validated

i have forgotten the first time we have met i dont take anything on 200 serious and i like to argue on 200 its entertaining most of it is DA bait
but here you sound like a wealthy snob
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:46:25 AM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART