Author Topic: DA Arena Message  (Read 1539 times)

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: DA Arena Message
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, you guys are doing this in the Furball area - which is where the lake is, right?? (Not that I spend too much time in the DA, although I've been up a few times trying to sort out a new aircraft, or to figure out what I'm consistently doing wrong in my regular rides, so I could be wrong...).

But it seems to me that the message pretty much makes it clear that HTC is imposing no extra restrictions on how the guys fly in that area, they are in hot water only for disrupting duels away from there - and to make it clear, duels are specifically to be flown in areas no where near there.

Right, or did I misread it?

<S>

<S>
No it is happening at side bases in particular 23/24 the only flat terrain side base . We run rolling 1v1's , the more people the better . Unfortunatly 23/24 is the only base choice with the flat terrain we prefer it is right next to the lake but not part of it  . We like it because with no hills you never get the situation where one guy is forced to fly nose up the other nose down because the moment of merge happens to be on a hill . When you get beat where the playing field is flat no doubt in your mind , that you got outflown or just plain screwed the pooch . Not by something outside of your control . I also disagree with you on "no where near there" to me it implicitly states the objected to behavior is only allowable at the lake no where else . Call it a rolling 1v1 or duel what we are doing is one guy pitting his ability against another ones with no one else allowed to interfere . That being said if a guy brings a person or persons into the DA to teach him in a place that does not have the damagless environment of the TA that has its limitations in terms of wether a fight would be lost or won in a subjective instead of an objective way have the right to do so free of interference from people who are just disrupting what is being taught ? People who have the lake to fly as they see fit ? Most of the time the people off to the side are not guys settling a grudge or seeing who is the better of the two for whatever reason . It is guys that are trying to get  better , to have the confidence to know that they don't have to run if they don't have an overwhelming advantage . They don't have to run if they lose that advantage because they now have the ability to reverse a bad position . Would that not fix alot of what frustrates alot of us about MA play ?

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »
its a nanny state way of trying to force common courtesy on those who don't have it plain and simple......

if theyre doing it just to grief you......... theyll find other ways

I never venture over to the DA......but Im sure the complaints are legitimate........ and hopefully this will help fix it......

I just somehow doubt it

it does seem silly for them to sit in the DA... where typically 'better' sticks fly......... trying to get easy kills........... they should come to the MA they could increase their kills using these tactics tenfold
Once they lose the ability to interfer in my fight . How exactly will they grief me ? Have no doubt but that it will fix it . When beggynns thought that on a sunday morning he could go ahead and do as he pleased because no one from HTC would be around to enforce the message he did just that . When my various calls for help brought TC to the arena , a trainer and someone that most of us interpret as a guy that HTC will listen to . It stopped immediately . What was turning into the typical reaction of most of us . Stopping because there is nothing we can do to make this guy stop . Changed instead into what we want most . Good clean 1v1's with a great vet helping us identify our mistakes .

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
+1

it does make me laugh when they will ask for a fight on 200.  Have the ability to type and read at that point.  Then when they don't get an answer and attempt to invade a private session without saying anything lose the ability of all correspondence.   Then they get killed in one or two turns wasting both of our time.  

This may read a bit arrogant but infact it is they who are being ignorant.  Many of us are more than prepared to help others who ask for it but tools in the DA are just that...

It still begs the question on the procedure for moderating the interruptions.   It could be 2-5am USA time when the DA is relatively quiet and we are practicing who does the ejecting?
I think that the best way to moderate this would be to appoint  some DA mods . Instead of being secret mods make it well known by having it in the place of where squad info goes , like the trainers do when in TA . Give them ejection powers from the arena . Powers that I bet would mostly be unused . If they see that the mod is here and on duty just a quick message away from help , they will not engage in rule breaking .

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
Few of the 80th had fun at the canyon in there tonight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:07:15 AM by Skuzzy »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 08:38:10 AM »
I think the DA arena message is due, needed, and will be very helpful.

:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:49 AM »
I think the DA arena message is due, needed, and will be very helpful.

:aok

Agreed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »
See Rule #4

Hmmmm.  I didn't know it was disrespectful to state a fact and to ask a question.  Perhaps it was the sarcasm, though.

Without rehashing the previous post, who is going to monitor the DA and who will have the power to throw people out?

Secondarily, when will cursing and other bad language, political flaming, sexual comments not be tolerated and punished in the MA's?
It is not enough to film and send these things...the MA's are rampant.  

I agree it's a step in the right direction, but a policy without enforcement is simply an idea floating in the ether.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 11:40:27 AM »
Hmmmm.  I didn't know it was disrespectful to state a fact and to ask a question.  Perhaps it was the sarcasm, though.

Without rehashing the previous post, who is going to monitor the DA and who will have the power to throw people out?

We do (HTC).

Secondarily, when will cursing and other bad language, political flaming, sexual comments not be tolerated and punished in the MA's?

I agree it's a step in the right direction, but a policy without enforcement is simply an idea floating in the ether.

The community has the .report/.vreport mechanisms available.  Properly used, these mechanisms will deal with bad verbal or text issues.  Films (for VOX issues) and/or screenshots sent in are also acceptable.

We have always provided recourse, to the community, for dealing with generally ill-behaved players.  It is a players choice if they want to use it or not.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »
Hmmmm.  I didn't know it was disrespectful to state a fact and to ask a question.  Perhaps it was the sarcasm, though.

Film and report... why do you think that is not enough?

<edit>   Skuzzy on the job  :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:58:16 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »
when will cursing and other bad language, political flaming, sexual comments not be tolerated and punished in the MA's?

Hmmmm?   How can a comment, on a ch you aren't forced to tune, bother you in any way....unless you allow it to bother you?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »

Film and report... why do you think that is not enough?

<edit>   Skuzzy on the job  :D

I've reported many people repeatedly, and yet they still do the same things.  This is why I don't think it is enough.  I stopped using .report a long time ago. Honestly, I think that many in the community view it as a joke.  People have said straight to me, "Go ahead, report me.  Nothing happens to me when you do anyway. I've been reported 50 times today already."  Whether this is true or not, I don't know.  But, I see them doing the same things again..and again.... and again..... so I guess that speaks.

I would imagine it is difficult to sort through every .report that comes in to determine a true infraction, though.  As well as improper use of the feature....

I do not film every time I fly, though, I may start now, even though I really don't have the space to save them.  I pretty much figured that sending in film is just another waste to their day in HTC land.  Besides, I'm honestly, personally not offended by those things.... heard plenty of language in hockey locker rooms.  I can handle it.  I'm not the one to worry about, it comes down to the large numbers of children that drift through the MA's.  Mom hears some guy VOX'ing little johnny after he head-ons him... it just isn't going to be pretty.  I would argue that an "all adults only" arena would be proper, but I don't know if there is really enough interest there.  Adults should really be separated from children in games like these anyway.  They're probably worse than the kids.

In any case, you can hate me for whatever you wish... I'm just saying it how it is.  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:07:02 PM by MORAY37 »
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
Hmmmm?   How can a comment, on a ch you aren't forced to tune, bother you in any way....unless you allow it to bother you?
Without hijacking this thread even more,

I do not have that option for vox or country channel sir.  As far as 200.... haven't been on there in years. (edit: last week was the first time in years, and I've learned it hasn't changed..so it's detuned again)

And, like I said, it doesn't bother me personally. I'm bothered by the numbers of "squeekers" that see very questionable behavior of a vulgar and sexual nature, every minute on either channel.  Adults and children should very well be separated in this game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:41:57 PM by MORAY37 »
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
moray, bud,  this is in regards to the DA and the un-invited griefers interrupting 1 vs 1 duels away from the furball area.

2 options are HTC deals with them or trusted players get kick abilities from that arena only.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 12:43:49 PM »
moray, bud,  this is in regards to the DA and the un-invited griefers interrupting 1 vs 1 duels away from the furball area.

2 options are HTC deals with them or trusted players get kick abilities from that arena only.

Yeah I know, sorry for the hijack.

The only reason I brought that example in was I didn't think there was any viable way for enforceability of this DA policy.  I didn't mean to tangent.  :salute
-Ambrose Bierce