Author Topic: collisions bug exploit??  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
Re: collisions bug exploit??
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
Becinhu---

I am an alum of WVU and am now pissed they never taught me any common sense!  :rofl
alum here as well. Sorry but that line comes from an employee. I just change it to fit my crazy needs. The original quote went like this. "Common sense tells you if you break down the boxes then there won't be food on the floor." It comes from the same employee who used to be an EMT that cut his hand on a box cutter. When I asked him if he was an EMT how come he didn't cut away from his hand. He replied that  he did. His visual aid was him holding his arm straight while pulling towards himself with cutter......
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »
Bronk, that link was great I understand completly.

You're welcome.  Thank you for taking the time to read it.  Most times people don't bother and choose to be ignorant.
See Rule #4

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
Guys, all of this expert knowledge is great... what do the programmers have to say? what is the real collision model.  I had a AR-234 fly through me from behind.  He sustained no damage and I crashed.  I do appreciate the knowledge of experience you guys have, but seriously HTC, what is the true answer, how does the collision model impart damage?
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »
Guys, all of this expert knowledge is great... what do the programmers have to say? what is the real collision model.  I had a AR-234 fly through me from behind.  He sustained no damage and I crashed.  I do appreciate the knowledge of experience you guys have, but seriously HTC, what is the true answer, how does the collision model impart damage?
This has already been explained ad nauseum in this thread and others.

If you touch another plane, you collide.  Period.

Your computer "saw" the 234 fly through your aircraft.  Therefore, you sufferred a collision, and you took damage.

On the 234's computer, he did not see his aircraft touch yours.  So he did not collide, and sufferred no damage.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »

The collision model is exactly as exlained countless times, in this thread and many, many others. Not only by us from "experience" only, but by the programmers too.

Read "How lag affects Aces High" on the OFFICIAL AH Trainer Corps Website. -> http://trainers.hitechcreations.com.
And you will (hopefully) understand why YOU did take damage and the Arado did not.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
I still say if a collision occurs both should fall to the ground.  My plane suffers damage even when the message says xxx crashed with you, or sometimes wont even say anything and my plane breaks apart.  I dont intentionally ram anybody (ok sometimes I do but its for a reason  :D).  no way my plane can be at fault 99 of the time even when some guy crashed into me from behind.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 11:52:52 PM »
I still say if a collision occurs both should fall to the ground.

One question: Would you find it more fair if you see your enemy passing you by at 30yards or more, yet you suddenly get a collision message and go down? You would NOT complain if you would clearly dodge your enemy trying to ram you by tens to hundreds of feet, but you still go down?

See this example:

You are the P-47. This is what happens on your screen. The pony never gets any closer to you than this. See the white collision message (the pony has collided with you)
Should YOU go down?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:56:36 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
I still say if a collision occurs both should fall to the ground.  My plane suffers damage even when the message says xxx crashed with you, or sometimes wont even say anything and my plane breaks apart.  I dont intentionally ram anybody (ok sometimes I do but its for a reason  :D).  no way my plane can be at fault 99 of the time even when some guy crashed into me from behind.

semp

in the above picture, i'm in the p-38.

should i have crashed, or lost any parts judging from that pic?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2010, 08:04:10 AM »
My plane suffers damage even when the message says xxx crashed with you, or sometimes wont even say anything and my plane breaks apart.

If you don't collide and take damage ... then you got shot up by his guns.

I dont intentionally ram anybody (ok sometimes I do but its for a reason  :D).

Speaks volumes ... there is absolutely no good reason to intentionally ram anyone.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2010, 08:30:53 AM »
If you don't collide and take damage ... then you got shot up by his guns.

Speaks volumes ... there is absolutely no good reason to intentionally ram anyone.

Well, there is always the guy that tries to vulch you on takeoff but comes in kind of late and low, flaps down, stick all the way back, muahahahahahaha  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »
Lusche, thank you for the thread, I will read up on it.

I think the majority of us are just saying that if damage occurs to me, damage should occur to them.  All computer PHd / netstats / platinum member explanations aside, fair is fair.  :salute

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2010, 08:52:57 AM »

I think the majority of us are just saying that if damage occurs to me, damage should occur to them.  All computer PHd / netstats / platinum member explanations aside, fair is fair.  :salute

Fair "is" fair.... if you collide you get damage... "if" you don't collide you don't get damage. That is how it is setup now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »

semp
Your error is that you are trying to think of it in terms of traffic accidents, wherein the guy who rear ends the other guy is at fault.  That simply is not how it works in AH.   AH does not make a value judgment about who is at fault.  There is no "at fault", there is simply a collision or no collision.  All that matters is if the aircraft on your front end (the instance of AH running on your computer) touch each other.  Avoid touching your aircraft to other aircraft, from any direction, facing, side or heading, and you will not take any damage.  It is that simple.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »

How is it "fair" for you to take damage when you did not touch another aircraft?
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

due to the time it takes for your computer to talk to the server and then relay that info to the other players computer.... even tho it's in milli-seconds it still means what you see is NOT what the other players sees. So if you see your plane hit the other plane, he sees you coming too close and moves out of the way so he DOESN'T see a collision.  So because he flew out of the way its fair that his plane takes damage  :rolleyes: I don't think so.