Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11259 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »
SkyRock bored?  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 05:07:01 PM »
IN a furball its not your kill untill AH system says it is.  I have seen lots of players complain about  somebody stealing their kills when they are the one's that jumped on somebody that was already engaged.  In the past 6 months i have killed shot/damaged myself twice.  both times while diving in the town trying to kill the troops.  also seen lots of people pull the trigger like they have unlimited ammo and that's in the middle of a furball  :uhoh, 2 and 3 second burst happened a lot in ww2 but they didnt have killshot there.  as for myself, anybody is welcome to jump in front of me anytime they want, If I killshot myself it is my fault for bad SA, yes, you gotta keep track of your friends too they can also kill ya :devil.

I always ask with 1v1, never in a furball.  only rule is that there are no rules in a furball :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
Well, I guess I'm just open minded enough to think that when this happens it's not something done on purpose. It's an accident caused by the shooter either not seeing the friendly or the friendly being so far behind his "kill" that the shooter has room to slide in.

I just can't see you guys trying to impose another silly etiquette for something that not only happens infrequently but when it does happen, it's probably an accident.

What's lame is somebody killshoots themselves and then runs here to complain about it.

It happens. Get over it.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »
Well, I guess I'm just open minded enough to think that when this happens it's not something done on purpose. It's an accident caused by the shooter either not seeing the friendly or the friendly being so far behind his "kill" that the shooter has room to slide in.

I just can't see you guys trying to impose another silly etiquette for something that not only happens infrequently but when it does happen, it's probably an accident.

What's lame is somebody killshoots themselves and then runs here to complain about it.

It happens. Get over it.

Let us know when you get out of the water... dang missed the boat, the pier, and almost the water.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »
And I thought it was ricochet bullets kiiling me when I shoot at BEAR76. DOH! :rolleyes:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
I'm constantly amazed how many folks give up alt & E to swoop down and clear someone's "12". I'm even more amazed about the guys who come down and mess everything up I actually have film somewhere of a zip code in pony diving into a conga line and kill shooting all three friendlies while going so fast that he lawn darted trying to avoid my SBD. This of course is topped by the guy who dove in to a 1 on 1 and then wondered why I stood aside until the "bad guy" killed him.

However the real classic is the guy who comes flying in shooting over your shoulder and giving you 3-4 check 6's to try and move you off a con....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »

It does happen by accident sometimes. This is true. I have done it myself by not seeing a friendly closing under my nose. The difference is doing it on purpose with total disregard to your team mates.

Believe it or not, but there IS ETIQUETTE in this game. There is also sportsmanship....and courtsey....and..competition. In fact, there is actually a private club of players who have this vision. The members number over 100 of the best sticks in this game collectivly having thousand and thousands of hours playing this game. The clubs goal is simple...to improve gameplay by helping others to learn not only proper ACM/BFM but courtious, respecful, sportmanship type of game play

There ARE acceptable and unacceptable ways of playing this GAME. This game is not a place for someone to come into and treat the game or other players with total disrespect and or essentially cause grief just for the sake of it.

Unfortunatly, there are many players in this game who do everything they can to cause grief at any oppurtunity they can. These types can't be helped. But anytime I have a chance to teach a new guy the acceptable rules of the road I will do so.

YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME!!!

It happens. Get over it.

The OP has a valid statement on the issue. Voicing one's opinion about it is not lame. His post was to the point and without rude flaming comments.

It is, in fact this very kind of issue that many, many players in this game attempt to correct by informing those who perhaps do not realize what they are doing.

Agent360 :salute

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »
SkyRock bored?  :rofl
Shhhh... you tryin to blow my cover as concerned patron? 

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »
To me if someone sweeps in on a 1v1 its rude if there is a mix of allies and red guys around and it happens it doesn't bother me because I should have shot down the guy earlier.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
I've been the 'victim' too many times of new guys diving in front of me to engage a target I'm already shooting at. The last time he managed to shoot down the enemy while I shot down myself because he rudely parked his plane in front of mine.  This effect is called killshooter. If you fire at your own team, you take damage.
New guys please show some courtesy. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Don't just dive in front and 'steal' the kill.

Happens to me all the time. When I say something, the response is, "I was closer...I had a better angle...you missed the first shot" etc., etc., so if it's clearly yours and his, I will stay out, but if it's a hairball, who can tell who's shootin' at who, or what, or who did what to who....?   :rolleyes:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
The OP has a valid statement on the issue. Voicing one's opinion about it is not lame. His post was to the point and without rude flaming comments.

It is, in fact this very kind of issue that many, many players in this game attempt to correct by informing those who perhaps do not realize what they are doing.

Agent360 :salute
Although he's me squaddie, and I like heem ahight!  Agent is spot on here!  

I remember when I first started, and the "rush to get the kill before the other 9 greens get him" mentality was the rule of the day with me....
and then one time I was flying over the water to an enemy base, and there was this green fella fighting this red fella...and I dove in.... in my typhoon... and disintegrated the red guy right in front of the greens face....  out of nowhere I hear the green fella say, "Geesh, I had been fighting that guy for 10 minutes, why did you do that?"  I didn't know why I did it.  He said, "geesh newbs are so annoying" or something close to that.. and I felt genuinely bad about doing that... he made a point, even though I didn't understand why... The green guy was JB42.  Later, after I started learning some acm's and consequently started really enjoying the challenge of testing my skills against a foe, I truly understood just how rude I was.... flying along, just 3 players in sight..... me, JB42, and the red fella, and I got the kill that he worked for...and in such a fashion as to leave me feeling cheap, like a thief, or a liar, in my comp chair, by myself, playing an online game....  it still stands out as a turning point of how I viewed the game.  At any rate, it shows better teamwork to communicate with friendlies, and encourage them to be better(hard to do that when you can't even afford them the courtesy of finishing their own fight).  If one lets themselves get so caught up in the red vs green, us vs them, at all cost.... we forget that not only are we stealing an opportunity from a friendly to have a good fight, we also steal that from the other community member that just so happens to be red... and yes, I have left fights alone and the red guy won, so I swooped down and splashed them...many times the greeny will thank me for letting him finish his fight(even though he lost)... the war will always be there, the scoring system's not going anywhere either, and there will be plenty of time for you to get your name in lights landing kills you did absolutely nothing to deserve, but butt in a fight and pull a trigger!  

<S> Blooz

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »
Wow. You guys are something.

Know what? It happens. It's going to happen and it's always going to happen and nothing you're going to say or do is going to keep it from happening but you really think you can keep it from happening.

Unbelievable.

It's so interesting to read this stuff.

Where do you guys come up with this insane way of thinking? All I did was state that if anyone cut in front of me and killed the target I was on I wouldn't lose my mind about something so trivial. Even if I killshot myself, I still wouldn't cry about it.

Wow, just, wow.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »

Know what? It happens. It's going to happen and it's always going to happen and nothing you're going to say or do is going to keep it from happening but you really think you can keep it from happening.

Unbelievable.

Where do you guys come up with this insane way of thinking? All I did was state that if anyone cut in front of me and killed the target I was on I wouldn't lose my mind about something so trivial. Even if I killshot myself, I still wouldn't cry about it.

Wow, just, wow.

Ah...It's just a game, right? They aren't REALLY killing you.  :aok
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Even if I killshot myself, I still wouldn't cry about it.

Wow, just, wow.
You know something.... I saluted you at the end of my post, now I most certainly take that back, as I don't salute bendoverbob's!  I saw absolutely no crying from any of us that attempted to insert a backbone in your spineless carcass.  Hell, if you don't have the oompa's to even stand up for yourself, how would you ever be any help to your team????

:rolleyes:

carry on.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »

Unbelievable.

Wow, just, wow.

Your missing a much broader message. That the overall quality of the "game play" is much more important then "the kill" and in fact that sometimes the fight by itself is enough and the kill isn't important...or doesn't even happen.

Here's a film from a few weeks ago representing a different point of view...
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/film58.ahf 

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson