Author Topic: How Sad.....  (Read 8637 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How Sad.....
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
Really CAP? Seems like those guys would be starved for a good fight and try to be gentlemen.

And ink, are you being serious, or are you just replying to my fake whine to do it honor and rip gaping holes in it?

:rofl :rofl  well you hooked me....mind removing it please :uhoh

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »
I don't help people, mostly because it would do nothing since I would die too, so much as let damaged planes limp home.

Can't ink. won't let me.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
I don't help people, mostly because it would do nothing since I would die too, so much as let damaged planes limp home.

Can't ink. won't let me.

well, i've gotten a lot of help from guys here. they  offered sometimes....othether times i asked.......either way, i give what i get. i got a lot of help, so i pass on what i can.......and i treat people as they treat me....same as in rl...... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
Yesterday, i was flying in my P-47M, and after some fighters, and a P-47N making a pass at some tanks made some passes at the base, loosing my left gear, oil, and my aux fuel tank. After 1 min or so of flying, I realize there is a spit 16, and a Ki84 chasing me. They dogged me for two sectors till my engine finaly died, and the spit 16 got the kill after HO'ing me. How desperate for a kill do you have to be to follow someone for two whole sectors, for the CHANCE at getting a kill? It wasn't even a guarenteed kill for either of them, since there were 2.

Ok so you expect people to just let you RTB because you are damaged ?? get out of your dream world. Nothing desperate about them chasing you, if you chose to run expect to be chased.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »
Ok so you expect people to just let you RTB because you are damaged ?? get out of your dream world. Nothing desperate about them chasing you, if you chose to run expect to be chased.

Listen to xbrit, he's a very wise and extremely old man.  Actually surprised he was able to reply, they usually don't let him use the computer at the old folks home.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »

i don't generally get damaged. i go straight from flying to falling, due to large things missing.  :airplane:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Yesterday, i was flying in my P-47M, and after some fighters, and a P-47N making a pass at some tanks made some passes at the base, loosing my left gear, oil, and my aux fuel tank. After 1 min or so of flying, I realize there is a spit 16, and a Ki84 chasing me. They dogged me for two sectors till my engine finaly died, and the spit 16 got the kill after HO'ing me. How desperate for a kill do you have to be to follow someone for two whole sectors, for the CHANCE at getting a kill? It wasn't even a guarenteed kill for either of them, since there were 2.
:airplane: :airplane:

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »
I'm not sure what the problem was with the two planes chasing you for 2 sectors or 15 sectors. This game is all about getting the kill. As far as hoeing goes get over that ridicules idea. Hoeing is part of aerial dogfighting. It has always been  kill or be kill. You can move to avoid remove yourself from being shot head on. The flying tigers use hoeing when engaging the enemy. To many times people gripe about being hoed but it always takes 2 for this to happen AVOID. THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE flays nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because  he hoed first whether or not a shot was ever fired. Hoeing doesn't always begin with shooting  it begins with the action of the other pilot facing you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:37:03 PM by masterjock »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
I'm not sure what your problem was with the two planes chasing you for 2 sectors or 15 sectors this game is about getting the kill. As far as hoeing goes get over that ridicules idea. Hoeing as many put it is part of aerial dogfighting has always been that kill or be kill. You can move to avoid remove yourself from being shot head on. The flying tigers use hoeing when engaging the enemy. To many times  people gripe about being ho but it always takes 2 for this to happen AVOID. THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE COMES AT ME nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because to me he hoed first whether or not he ever shot a shell. Hoeing doesn't always begin with shooting  it begins with the action of the other pilot facing u.

is english your first language?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
I'm not sure what the problem was with the two planes chasing you for 2 sectors or 15 sectors. This game is all about getting the kill. As far as hoeing goes get over that ridicules idea. Hoeing is part of aerial dogfighting. It has always been  kill or be kill. You can move to avoid remove yourself from being shot head on. The flying tigers use hoeing when engaging the enemy. To many times people gripe about being hoed but it always takes 2 for this to happen AVOID. THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE flays nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because  he hoed first whether or not a shot was ever fired. Hoeing doesn't always begin with shooting  it begins with the action of the other pilot facing you.

:headscratch:

there is so much wrong with this I dont know where to begin.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
:airplane: :airplane:

Great first post.  To fit in with these forums I suggest making a new thread for every thought that comes through your head, it's really the only way to gain any respect around here.  Definitely don't worry about grammar or spelling or any of that junk, it's completely unnecessary on the internet.  Most importantly, I can't stress this enough, pretend you know everything about this game, WWII, and the military in general.  Even if you don't, it's best to make something up, no one on here has any real knowledge or wisdom.  You're the boss man, don't take any crap from anyone!

Welcome to the Forums!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »
Nearly exact thing happened to me, 'cept I was in a 47N, had just dropped my bombs, killed their GV hanger, continued a very fast dive away, killing a low flying con, a strafing a spit who then followed me on a very wide curve thru three sectors slowly losing ground the entire trip, failed to call for help from 2 high team-mates above us who could have dove on me. I did nap of the earth the entire way back & he never gained, pulling up and away as I approached the base. What did he hope for? Me to run out of gas?  His time & His $14.95. He can waste it any way he wants :rofl
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:20:16 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
I say that I was tired after 3 hours of playing, and a snapshot, and so I decided to see what happens. When I discoed after upping again, I didn't bother to get back on.

The purpose of this thread isn't to whine, I'm saying that it seems newbs are getting more desperate for kills. Some seem to be attempting to turn it into  a whine, so to appease them, I will make a single whine post in this thread.

ok look at it like this:

You: Fly two sectors to NOT DIE

They: Fly two sectors to GET A KILL

which is more pointless?

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:33 PM »

hehe you have learned little since being here I see.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)