Author Topic: How Sad.....  (Read 8636 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: How Sad.....
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »
The harder the other guy tries to survive, the more satisfying the kill- it's been like this for years. There are obviously exceptions, but they don't typically include the unwashed masses who whine on the forums. They proved themselves by fighting back, not by crying. There's no crying in cartoon war.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »
Leave it to you guys to take a run of the mill flaming to a discussion on radial-engines.   :old:

Yeah, and just as easily, a discussion on oil lubrication of radial engines can turn into a name-calling flamefest inside of 1.125 posts.  The bbs is like that...

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »
If they put up a good fight, I have no problem letting them make it home. If they just zoomed back and forth or dropped down to try to pick you in another fight.... I have no problem shooting them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »
The flying tigers use hoeing when engaging the enemy.

Using the Flying Tigers as a reason why to HO is poor ...

The ONLY reason that they did that was because the .50 cals that they had could reach out farther than their opponents ammo could. They would try to snipe them LONG RANGE with head on shots before the Japanese could get into range with their guns. I can guarantee that the Flying Tigers didn't stick around for the head on once they got within range of the Japanese guns.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2010, 12:21:50 PM »
:airplane: :airplane:

You signed up in 2008 and waited until you had something worthwhile to say and that's what came out?  Sheesh.   :x

I'm not sure what the problem was with the two planes chasing you for 2 sectors or 15 sectors. This game is all about getting the kill. As far as hoeing goes get over that ridicules idea. Hoeing is part of aerial dogfighting. It has always been  kill or be kill. You can move to avoid remove yourself from being shot head on. The flying tigers use hoeing when engaging the enemy. To many times people gripe about being hoed but it always takes 2 for this to happen AVOID. THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE flays nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because  he hoed first whether or not a shot was ever fired. Hoeing doesn't always begin with shooting  it begins with the action of the other pilot facing you.

Egad.  At this rate of descent, you are going to be PnG'd by your 5th post.   :O :rolleyes:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
Using the Flying Tigers as a reason why to HO is poor ...

The ONLY reason that they did that was because the .50 cals that they had could reach out farther than their opponents ammo could. They would try to snipe them LONG RANGE with head on shots before the Japanese could get into range with their guns. I can guarantee that the Flying Tigers didn't stick around for the head on once they got within range of the Japanese guns.

actually(and i could be wrong) i thought i had read that the tigers used more of a "hit n run" type of combat againstg the Japanese.
 it was the Japanese that were taught to ho the p40's as that was their only real chance against em.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »

actually(and i could be wrong) i thought i had read that the tigers used more of a "hit n run" type of combat againstg the Japanese.
 it was the Japanese that were taught to ho the p40's as that was their only real chance against em.

That might be, but the Flying Tigers basically made the "HO" famous and they used it for the reasons I explained ... they could tear up a Japanese cockpit way before the Japanese pilot could get within range with his guns.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
That might be, but the Flying Tigers basically made the "HO" famous and they used it for the reasons I explained ... they could tear up a Japanese cockpit way before the Japanese pilot could get within range with his guns.
Not to mention the fact that the P40s cockpit was armored and the opponents were not. They flew mostly against ki-27s and some ki-43s which were not heavily armed.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
Another famous topic is "Chuck Yeager HOed"
But he went head on against a 190 and got shot down...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »
You can see several Hos in downtown Houston. That don't make it right.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
I'm not sure what the problem was with the two planes chasing you for 2 sectors or 15 sectors. This game is all about getting the kill. As far as hoeing goes get over that ridicules idea. Hoeing is part of aerial dogfighting. It has always been  kill or be kill. You can move to avoid remove yourself from being shot head on. The flying tigers use hoeing when engaging the enemy. To many times people gripe about being hoed but it always takes 2 for this to happen AVOID. THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE flays nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because  he hoed first whether or not a shot was ever fired. Hoeing doesn't always begin with shooting  it begins with the action of the other pilot facing you.

If the game is all about getting the kill, why don't you de-ack a field and sit at the end of the runway and just shoot everything that ups... pretty easy to do in a osty? Because its more about playing the game than that, thats why.

A nose on nose merge is just that, a MERGE. A HO happens when some bozo starts firering his guns from a 1000 feet out and doesn't let up until he's past the enemy plane. All this does is IF the bozo hits it ends the fight. Seeing as the is a combat game why would you do your best to stop the combat from happening when your first....and only move... is a HO?  Because you are unskilled in BFM and ACM and really havn't a clue as to HOW to win a fight, thats why.

Nearly exact thing happened to me, 'cept I was in a 47N, had just dropped my bombs, killed their GV hanger, continued a very fast dive away, killing a low flying con, a strafing a spit who then followed me on a very wide curve thru three sectors slowly losing ground the entire trip, failed to call for help from 2 high team-mates above us who could have dove on me. I did nap of the earth the entire way back & he never gained, pulling up and away as I approached the base. What did he hope for? Me to run out of gas?  His time & His $14.95. He can waste it any way he wants :rofl

Your as bad as the OP. Where in all that is the combat? All you did was drop some bombs on a static target, picked a con that was on the deck and failed to pick the second one. Then you ran for 3 sectors. Why didn't you turn and fight the spit? Because like the above poster, you are unskilled in BFM and ACM and really havn't a clue as to HOW to win a fight, thats why.

This game is all about combat. Everything is geared toward and designed to provide ample opportunities for combat. Why do you avoid it? If you really hate combat get yourself a copy of Microsofts "Flight Simulator". It's a one time fee to purchase the game..... no monthly fees!! So it saves you money !!! You can fly to your hearts content and no a single soul will every shoot you down.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »

Don't take it the wrong way.. I'm just poking fun at ya   :aok   These things are going to happen continuosly bro !! Just grab another cartoon bird and go hand him his arse ... then POST that !!!!  Keep at it  :salute
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:58:54 PM by AApache »
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
Your as bad as the OP. Where in all that is the combat? All you did was drop some bombs on a static target, picked a con that was on the deck and failed to pick the second one. Then you ran for 3 sectors. Why didn't you turn and fight the spit? Because like the above poster, you are unskilled in BFM and ACM and really havn't a clue as to HOW to win a fight, thats why.

I resent that. I admit i'm pretty much a newb, and that i have a lot to learn. But I'm not a complete fail like that guy either.

And guys, THIS THREAD ISN'T A WHINE. NO WHERE DID I COMPLAIN. All I did was state what happened, implying that you have to be starved for a kill, or too scared to get into a real fight to chase a plane for two sectors INTO ENEMY TERRITORY.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »

or too scared to get into a real fight to chase a plane for two sectors INTO ENEMY TERRITORY.

The above portion of your comment can also be said of the person that tucked tail and ran two sectors. Just sayin'.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2010, 06:55:03 PM »

Come in higher, stay fast, hit and run, ho the snot out of them, and don't ever turn with them. Chenault had been fighting the Japanese for some time before he formed the AVG and had picked up a thing or two. Like Slap and Raptor had pointed out, the P-40s werent facing cannon armed birds.