Author Topic: Repair Hanger  (Read 3179 times)

Offline hibbie2

• Zinc Member
Repair Hanger
« on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »
There are rearm pads and gv's can repair with supplies why not have a hanger on the airfield that you can go into and repair it would have to take at least 3 min to reapir a damaged plane or maybe a scale on the amount of damage done to the plane

You would have to enter hanger under power no coasting in  and the hanger could be taken down as normal there would be no option on the cv's as they would ditch damaged AC off the deck in most cases due to limited space to repair
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:57:51 PM by hibbie2 »
~~~ The Killuminati ~~~
POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI

Offline valad94

• Zinc Member
Re: Repair Hanger
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:20 PM »
+1
Proud member of ROLLING THUNDER

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »
I like that idea!   +1000

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline valad94

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:19 PM »
it would be great in FSO because if someone gets an engine oil leak towards the beginning of the fight, they won't have to leave the game, just fly back to base go to the repair hanger and then takeoff again
Proud member of ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »
Yes +1

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »
Repair a plane in 3 minutes?!?!?

Aside from doing a search....    :devil

Back on topic....  How long, max, would you be willing to wait to be fully repaired?

Remember, there is a full inventory of brand new planes waiting for you in the hanger....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 12:38:19 AM »
mmm. good idea but have available only on field that are being vulched   :devil.  otherwise no  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 06:25:52 AM »
I keep seeing all these wishes for guys flying FSO that want to repair stuff.

I don't get it, you guys don't see that if you can repair, so can the other side?

The whole idea of a 1 life event is to try to FORCE you into flying more realistically.
If you knew you could repair a shot up plane, half of that goes out the window.

I'm sorry but to me this truly is a "Duh" moment.

You really think that planes that were shot up in WWII went back up again without a "Full" inspection of everything?
I mean every cable, every hydraulic hose, every hinge, all of it would all have to pass muster before that plane would be allowed up again. You can't do that in 15 min.

If you flew an FSO frame, engaged the enemy, took damage, and managed to land, you just won the lottery!

Call it good, park it, and try again next week.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
[Slight Topic Gear Shift]

I always thought being able to rearm via the rearm pad (which is OK) AND have those kills counted as the same sortie was very very hoakie.   :eek:

I could be wrong but it seems only someone consumed with score would want such an aberration.

Heck, I only use a rearm pad if hangers are down.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 07:07:31 AM »
[Slight Topic Gear Shift]

I always thought being able to rearm via the rearm pad (which is OK) AND have those kills counted as the same sortie was very very hoakie.   :eek:

I could be wrong but it seems only someone consumed with score would want such an aberration.

Heck, I only use a rearm pad if hangers are down.

Or, for a reductio ad absurdum, why don't we have a medical hanger so you can go and get that Pilot Wound "fixed" in 3 minutes? That way, I could maintain a perpetual sortie and thus get a screenshot to show my squaddies when I finally "land" my kills.

After that, I think I'll go to some site on the internet where I can post an assortment of pics of "Big Jim and the Twins", just to show 'em off...

:lol
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
Or maybe include a cockpit First Aid Kit so I can regen my "life force" like in Doom (for the younger, an OLD computer game that me and some buds used to play on higher-end SGI workstations, later adapted for PC use).

I just hope no one sells all the virtual morphine on the local virtual black market.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:50:47 AM »
Rearm a plane in 30 seconds....?  3 minutes sounds pretty reasonable.  Of course I suppose it would have to depend on the damage.  Plus, only some things should be able to be fixed.  Missing inputs, oil leaks & radiator damage.... Perhaps fuselage damage as well (ie. kill points....  Fix a couple of bullet holes in a wing, etc)

Repair a plane in 3 minutes?!?!?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »
No.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »
No.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »
 A wooden box of vehicle supplies can completely re-arm a tank, replace its tracks, and contains all the needed parts to repair a blown engine AND a smoked turret that has been filled full of holes.  Not to mention it does all this umm... instantly?  And with no need for the crew to exit the tank?  

I dont see how a 3 minute repair time for an aircraft is any less realistic than this is.  :huh  Hell, using the time to repair a tank as a reference, you could almost BUILD a new plane in 3 minutes.

Not saying I am sure its a good idea... but we dont need to use "realism" as a reason to disagree with it.

EDIT: Yeah... after looking at it more, there is no reason to repair a plane when you can just reup a new one.  And if the hangars are down, where would you repair it.  I dont recall many crew chiefs servicing aircraft out on the runway while the base is being bombed and the hangars are in flames.  Methinks they would have better things to do... like manning the ack or looking for a fire hose.  But that brings us right back to the "instafix" magic box-o-parts for tanks... oh my! :uhoh
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:26:13 AM by AKP »

***G3-MF***