Author Topic: Different LW Country Setup?  (Read 2888 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Different LW Country Setup?
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:32 PM »
Correct, some are obviously trying to herd more people into the AvA, rather than deal with the Original Post and stay on topic.   The AvA used to interest me, I don't even give it a thought anymore.

The OP sounds like the AvA with all planes enabled is all. I am on topic as the topic is discussing the idea of the op. Everyone who disagrees with this is not off topic.

Why force a change in the LW MAs rather than tweak the already existing arena devoted to the AvA gameplay?
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
The OP sounds like the AvA with all planes enabled is all. I am on topic as the topic is discussing the idea of the op. Everyone who disagrees with this is not off topic.

Why force a change in the LW MAs rather than tweak the already existing arena devoted to the AvA gameplay?

Kilo, all Karnak and I are saying is the Late War arenas are in question.    The AvA is a non-interest to the majority of the Community for a few excellent reasons.    If we want to "try" (won't happen) and tweak the current AvA, let's devote a new thread to it.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2010, 01:16:04 AM »
I understand what the OP is saying, it just won't work and can't work for many reasons.  Even if you add the He177A-5 and H8K2 'Emily' in order to give the Axis a couple heavy bombers it still wouldn't work.  The P-51 and Spitfire are simply too popular, and that cascades into people picking the side with numbers to avoid being ganged, which in turn leads to fewer subscriptions of German, Japanese and Italian aircraft fans and follows with fewer subscription of Allied aircraft fans due to lack of action and boredom.  Nothing HTC does, as long as they are trying to make the aircraft behave like they did, can change that.

This may very well be entirely accurate.  If the player base can't even the sides out themselves naturally then it would never work.  You make strong points that it would not be able to be balanced simply due to the popularity side of things.  Good discussion though and I'm glad I'm seeing the primary reason(s) why it won't probably ever work.  It is nice to dream about a full arena with AvA dogfights though isn't it?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »
It is nice to dream about a full arena with AvA dogfights though isn't it?

Heh.  Yes, it sure is.

- oldman