Author Topic: Calling this "massive"?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Calling this "massive"?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »
Sounds to me he like he joined the wrong when he got into the blue arena...

For the record Bizman, not sure how they do it in Finland but...what exactly does a pre-programmed automated set of computer instructions that work exactly the way they are supposed to, have to do with customer service? Nothing stopped you from changing countries in the blue arena, and nothing stopped you from going out to the bar with your buddies...your choice...having a choice is pretty good customer service here in the U.S.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is about having to join the 101 server over the 117, 16 extra players isn't really that big of a difference.
Why do 218 people on a Friday night need to be split in the 1st place?
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »

Because there will be more ppl on later. And if you do the split later, you would see like  350/100 in Orange and 30/150 in Blue... I doubt that this will be better ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
To ferment BBS whine. Why else?
See Rule #4

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »
Do a search,there are many that have posted on this.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
and nothing stopped you from going out to the bar with your buddies
The buddies I wanted to join were on Orange... With -30 centigrade I prefer my paid account on AH to the bar at walking distance. There's less people I could call my buddies at the bar than online at the  :joystick: AH-bar.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 04:05:15 PM »
  How many guys can you fight at once? 1 is best, 2 is a challenge,3 gets the heart pounding, 4 you hope to take out 1 or 2 before ya die..5, now yer gettin silly!

Who cares how many there are as long as you can find 1 guy to go kill?

~AoM~

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:03 PM »
Because there will be more ppl on later. And if you do the split later, you would see like  350/100 in Orange and 30/150 in Blue... I doubt that this will be better ;)
I would rather see Orange. <---period  instead of mommy mommy there hoarding me make another arena! The bad men.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »
Wait this snapshot proves everything said in here false about arena caps...doesnt it change at 70%/75% or something like that?

Im checking older posts for the percent
I think this is the most flagrant arena cap I've ever seen but I laugh at it and just go in the TA or DA until things revert back to normal. I'm not sure if the 75% law applies there though, hard to understand how the Blue arena has that much priority over Orange. Maybe one side in the Blue arena has been slaughtered and is deserting the arena, who knows. This was taken a couple months ago.

Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
Looks like a typical snapshot of the arenas just after the dynamic cap goes into effect at noon (CST) each day.

I know how to solve that problem.  Reboot the arenas when the dynamic cap kicks in at noon (CST) each day.  I am sure no one would complain about that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
Looks like a typical snapshot of the arenas just after the dynamic cap goes into effect at noon (CST) each day.

I know how to solve that problem.  Reboot the arenas when the dynamic cap kicks in at noon (CST) each day.  I am sure no one would complain about that.

Dang, you are right, this shot was taken at 12:10...  :rofl :rofl :rofl
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 10:20:12 AM »
I'm just noticing the sweet ping you all are getting. . .

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 02:20:44 PM »
117 in one LW arena, 101 in the other. Not bad numbers for the time.

You want 700, well log in during US prime time.

But by the looks of it your really much happier complaining about something.
Besides, if you just moved over here, frankly I doubt you can handle 350 in one arena without dieing constantly.
But I'm sure we'll hear about that as well.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:34 PM »
Thanks for your true words, Ghosth, but unluckily the Texan Prime Time takes place during my beauty sleep (highly needed with this face), starting at 5 am next morning local time. I guess by that time during weekends all my squadies have passed out, so there wouldn't be any company speaking my language on squad channel. My wife ack would also activate, if I set my alarm clock on for gaming.

You're right about my dying, too. I do it constantly, if there's at least one opponent. That's no problem, though. I'm online for the company and doing things together in a group.

The main point why I started this whine was, that right after finding my buddies on Orange, after one sortie and a reboot I couldn't rejoin them. It's like a reward after a hard working week to login on Friday evening after 9 pm to virtually meet the Finn-gang, take some beer and just let go. Imagine the disappointment when the system doesn't allow that!  :furious

Sorry HiTech and other folks at HTC, this is just one of those thread openings, that should've been deleted after previewing. At that moment and in that state of being pissed off it felt righteous, now I'm not so sure anymore.  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline dhart

• Copper Member
      • 357th Yoxford Boys
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »
I got 270 players on at that moment in time, sounds like "hundreds of players" to me. There have been times I couldnt get in the Orange arena due to the amount of players and the Blue arena was getting full as well. Just because you come on at an inopportune time doesnt mean the players arent there. Try a different time in the evening to log on.
Pigs On The Wing- 2nd Wing