Author Topic: I never thought...  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
I never thought...
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »
...my parents would be mad at me for wanting to quit the game.  As of lately, I just cannot find the interest to log on anymore.  I love flying around and chatting with the guys online, but I just can't seem to just sit down, log on, and fly anymore.  So I figured I'd finally hang it up after three years.  I mean, afterall, it is my final semester as a senior.  When I brought up the idea of finally quitting this game that has caused me so much trouble, my parents pretty much told me I couldn't.  I had completely forgotten about the "extra" Christmas present I had gotten:  6 months paid in full.  So, I guess I'm going to stick around atleast until that runs out.  Maybe I can muster up the whatever it is that makes me want to fly!

#S#

Banshee7
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: I never thought...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
You know there are other games that you can play... right?

It's always healthy to take a break from things you even love, "too much of a good thing can be bad for you."

edit: Engrish ftl.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:04:16 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »

It's always healty to take a break from things you even love, "too much of a good thing is bad for you."
:aok

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:15:24 PM »
Youll stick around for a loooooong time banshee, taking breaks don't hurt.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »
I hate to say it, but I've been playing MW2 on PS3 lately in my free time.  I miss AH, especially after I play that, but I still don't get that urge to log on...
Tours 86 - 296

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
I've been flying IL2 lately. Did all the upgrades and just do the campaigns. Its a little change. No channel 200 although the AI ho's :D
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »
Welcome to life. It all gets old.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
I hear ya bro,
  i think i played 3 yrs runnin and life showed up and kicked the door in and i knew it was time for a break.
 I think i was off for around 8 months. One day i just got the bug again.
I'M 48 yrs old, besides riding my Harley and working (all the time) and trying to manage a part time wife, this
is really one of the best outlets i have but i don't want to burn it out for good.
    I'M just sayin....theres lots of things to do in life, this is just one of them so mix it up a bit.

Be well

froger
frogs are people too

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »
I miss AH, especially after I play that, but I still don't get that urge to log on...
Yeah I've been playing since 05 and for the first few years I played all the time, when ever I could, but lately for the last year & 1/2 or so I just haven't had that urge to play like I use to either.  Now I just mainly have my account for AHXARL & scenario's.

Maybe when the WW1 arena comes up I'll get the urge again.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:11:29 AM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 12:51:19 AM »
Yea, I pretty much just log on to towerjack these days.  Emailed the folks at HTC the other day to have them stop autobilling CC after this cycle.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 01:13:26 AM »

It's always healthy to take a break from things you even love, "too much of a good thing can be bad for you."

edit: Engrish ftl.

should have seen me and kazaa flying a heli in BFBC2  the other week .  Then we got owned by an anti tank mine   :lol.   Is good to take a break and then you appreciate how good Aces High is in its own way.  Looking forward to playing on something other than the beta map.

should see us through until WW1 gets added in the summer.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 02:44:26 AM »
Everybody needs a change up from time to time.  You'll wake up in a month and have the desire to get back into the MA.  Don't cancel anything you'll regret later! 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 09:53:25 AM »
Wow, 3 years and you finally have a rut?  I've been playing for only a year and I've had a couple.  The one way I've fixed that problem is watching some saved films and maybe a few the guys here made on youtube.  Stick it out bro!  :salute
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »
Never ever force yourself to play the game. If you don't really have fun, do not "work harder" to get it back. This is a game, not a duty. Relax. Take a break, for if you don't you will only frustrate yourself (and possibly others).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 09:59:15 AM »
...my parents would be mad at me for wanting to quit the game.  As of lately, I just cannot find the interest to log on anymore.  I love flying around and chatting with the guys online, but I just can't seem to just sit down, log on, and fly anymore.  So I figured I'd finally hang it up after three years.  I mean, afterall, it is my final semester as a senior.  When I brought up the idea of finally quitting this game that has caused me so much trouble, my parents pretty much told me I couldn't.  I had completely forgotten about the "extra" Christmas present I had gotten:  6 months paid in full.  So, I guess I'm going to stick around atleast until that runs out.  Maybe I can muster up the whatever it is that makes me want to fly!

#S#

Banshee7

:airplane: Just because its payed in full for six months  what law say you have to log on everyday, try once a week etc.
Tour 70 2005 to present