Author Topic: HAT'S OFF TOO AH FOR WWI  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: HAT'S OFF TOO AH FOR WWI
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:25:07 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2010, 12:57:12 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:25:45 AM by Skuzzy »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2010, 01:08:05 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:25:56 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2010, 04:24:11 AM »
Fun = 30 minutes then boring

Fun = 06:11:33 hours of furballing in a D.VII.  YMMV.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 04:30:26 AM »
Just having a pull-a-thon for a fight.... not tactical nor fun.  Not really even mildly enjoyable after the first hop.  Like having everyone in D3A's, but slower.  No real way to fight once anyone gets in the cone of danger....if they want to stick with you, they do, end of fight, you're dead.  Barely any difference between rides, so nothing to know to get an advantage.  Just pull harder.  Yippeee.... boring.

THere are difference, you just don't know enough about the planes to figure out what the strengths and weaknesses of each planes are.  You're also probably tired of being a pin cushion because you don't know how to fly any of the WW1 kites and instead of taking some time to learn the planes and adapt new tactics, you just pick up your ball and go home.  Sad.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2010, 04:55:11 AM »
. What.... is there a way I can pull harder on my controls?  There is no tactical aspect of air combat in WW1, therefore its' enjoyment will decrease exponentially after an initial high.  

Most ignorant. Each of those AC have a distinct character. I suggest spending  significant time in each.  Because pulling harder on the controlls just wont cut it. :neener:
See Rule #4

Offline Wolfie

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2010, 07:14:12 AM »
See Rule #4

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2010, 08:52:30 AM »
AH nice job on WW1 and taking your time to put out a good product...unlike many game companies today that you can't play a game when you buy it.

I stepped in the WW1 for a bit and it was fun and exciting.  Of course slower than what we are used to in WW2 but enjoyable. It was something different, a change in pace and nice to fly around a bit in WW1 style.

On the flip side, I prefer WW2 and hope AH continues to support WW2, develop new maps, add new skins, planes and vehicles.

But most of all I just wanted to post and to give a shout out to AH and all who worked on WW1 as it was nice to see a project talked about finally come about in top class form.

Keep up the good work.  :rock

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2010, 02:13:29 AM »
Great day on WWI today! Too bad some people can't feel right without Beechin & complaining. Makes ya wonder why they pay for the game every month if they hate it so bad. It ain't just WWI they complain about either.  :cry MWAH! call 'em a "wahm-bulance"  :salute
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:15:33 AM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2010, 02:39:54 AM »
I was finally able to dedicate several hours to the ww1 stuff tonight (maybe a bit crowded but that will taper off over the next week or two)...... For me this new era is great! Simply great!  Ive been waiting for this since 1999.  The only thing I could wish for now would be an S.E.5.a and an Albatross.  That would seal the deal for me :)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2010, 02:45:03 AM »
THere are difference, you just don't know enough about the planes to figure out what the strengths and weaknesses of each planes are.  You're also probably tired of being a pin cushion because you don't know how to fly any of the WW1 kites and instead of taking some time to learn the planes and adapt new tactics, you just pick up your ball and go home.  Sad.

ack-ack

No, I just don't find it fun.  

I'm definitely no "pin cushion" either, sir.

It's a shame that you just can't see it as I like one thing, and you like another...instead of bashing me and calling me "sad".  Society is getting less tolerant by the day...I don't like what you like.... so that makes me less than what you are  :rolleyes:....

I just don't like the WW1 arena. If I wanted WW1, I would have gone to or bought another game.  I enjoy the tactics and planeset that is WW2.... which is why I came to this game after Air Warrior.  As a customer, I can only let my opinion be known.

Don't even get me started that this experiment that is WW1 just postponed the best thing AH has to offer (A scenario)  :furious

:salute

I'm sorry, I'll try to do better to conform to what everyone else wants.   :rolleyes:

I'm glad you enjoy it.  Have fun.  Tell others to come and enjoy it too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:35:30 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce