Author Topic: HAT'S OFF TOO AH FOR WWI  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Blimpy

• Zinc Member
Re: HAT'S OFF TOO AH FOR WWI
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 05:42:05 AM »
Laughed so hard! What a blast, absolutely the most fun I've had playing AH in 5 years!  WTG HTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 06:03:43 AM »
I played more hours, got shot down more often, collided, etc yesterday than I did the entire year prior.

WWI is awesome!

HTC you outdid yourself on this one. <S>

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 06:50:21 AM »
ME LIKEY! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
Considering the incredibly lax regulations on aircraft art during WWI, I vote to allow custom player skins in the WWI arenas.

:D

Actually a personal skin was the norm for most of the german aces so having the ability to adapt a personal skin would be historically correct to a degree...maybe you make that the reward for the top fighter kill score each tour...you get your own skin.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 07:49:18 AM »
"Ermm no. He does however pic on the baseless whines."

+!   :aok     Anyone posting a knee jerk, spastic, idiotic outburst needs a slap down.

re: WWI . The screen shots look great! but 1vs1 or 1vs 2? why bother paying $15
month for a mmpog? what you want sounds like what offline or lan play is for.
And those who sniffle it's dogfights only? WTFG HTC.  Finally something that is new
that sounds like the days of old. Before the lame arse, milk running, shed battling,
auger bombing, pork-horde absolutely ruined AH.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
WW1 was tons of fun. The combination of plane in-stability and primative gun package made hitting targets a real challenge. The planes were very fun to stall and slide and flop around, but in a very challenging way. The cockpit details on all the planes was great. 

A very nice addition to an already fantastic game. Hat's off to the HiTech team for a job well done.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 09:07:37 AM »
Pure mad house devil take the hind most furball............. was great fun.  Died continuously ............. only time I landed was with 1.5 wings intact.

Just could not get the two rotary ac to stay on target  ............ squads & wingmanship will clean up in this arena.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13:43 AM »
Great fun.

It is a subarban crack house lol :devil

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
Kept telling myself, "Just one more and I will go to the main with my squad",  "ok, just one more then............"

Never made it.  Have not ever had that much fun all through AW & WB.

Thank you HiTec, I will send you more money sir.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 09:42:10 AM »
Absolute blast, please take a gunner in the Fb2, absolute fun. :aok :rofl
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
This is the best fun furballing i've seen since AH1, best furballs i've had in AH probably ever.

Thanks HTC
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
AHHHH YES!!!  I <3 the death spiral!!!  I've wanted it forEVER! :x
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »
LOL, was being chased on the deck, barrel rolls between the trees, see a windmill, tight turn around it, wing passes between the windmill blades, look back, BOOM chase plane aint that lucky, lol bad timing and you are dueling with windmills Quixote !

Damn this is fun.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 11:20:31 AM »
I'm partial to being so slow that when I lost my tail I hit the ground, cartwheeled, and survived- only to be strafed by a Camel.  :rofl
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 11:56:16 AM »
I was in a Camel fighting a Dr1 and a FB2 last night and took fuel and oil damage.  I just happened to get them both caught going the opposite direction from me as I was facing home so I tried to make a run for it.  I got seperation and was extended to about 1.5K on the deck when the engine died.  I ditched and coasted right into the middle of a large grove of trees before I came to a stop.

Since a ditch is a death in WWI I just sat there watching these guys dots on dar as they searched the area wondering where I had gone.  I even saw them fly by a few times missing me each time.  Finally one spotted me and took a single pass but I don't think he wanted to deal with the trees.  Then both got engaged by other friendlies and eventually died so I ended sortie.  I was really hoping for a proxie into the trees.   :D

It was fun.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.