Author Topic: WWI "Rules"  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Re: WWI "Rules"
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
I also don't like the ditch is a death rule.  Why change it in this arena vs. any other?

Have you ever read a WWI fight account? Any forced landing was considered a kill, just as if you shot down the other crate. I think this is why HTC set that rule.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 04:19:28 AM »
WWI rules for those who dislike WWII.

So, if we enjoy the WW1 arena, we somehow don't enjoy the WW2 portion?  I enjoy both and for the money I pay a month, it's a pretty damn good deal.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
So, if we enjoy the WW1 arena, we somehow don't enjoy the WW2 portion?  I enjoy both and for the money I pay a month, it's a pretty damn good deal.

ack-ack

+1   :aok
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 07:18:59 AM »
 :aok
<animal house>
RAMMING SPEED!
</animal house>
:rofl
WWI rules for those who dislike WWII.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 07:23:27 AM »
 I got rammed from behind twice by the same guy on the same sortie tonight then later got rammed from behind by three different guys in less than a minute.  

hmmm.... maybe there something about your behind people like?

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 07:30:29 AM »
If you pull up and stall with 2 guys right behind you, yes, they'll run into you.

If you go HO from 600 out and don't duck, yes, they'll run into you.

If your following right behind  someone, and he pulls up and stalls, yes you'll run into him.

It seems to take a while flying to get a feel for it. But I didn't have near the collisions yesterday that I did the day before.
In large part because you learn what activities are going to lead you into one.

Granted they still happen, stuff happens.
The planes are free, come up and try again.

The more you anticipate, watch for collisions, work for good shots without staying glued to his 6 the more fun you'll have.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 08:32:21 AM »
So far I love the WWI arena.

What I'm dissapointed with so far is the number of people ramming you.  I got rammed from behind twice by the same guy on the same sortie tonight then later got rammed from behind by three different guys in less than a minute.  The real dissapointment with this is that I get a collision message and damage for doing nothing but flying my plane.  Can you change it so if your rammed from behind they take the damage and you don't?

I also don't like the ditch is a death rule.  Why change it in this arena vs. any other?  Especially if there's going to be scores and ranking which I'm also not too happy about.  Stats are fine.  Get rid of the scores and ranks in WWI and give a guy a non-death ditch.  You can't get enough distance from the furball and if you can put it down in that crazyness damaged you deserve the ditch.

BE, there is nothing wrong with the collision model and any collision you see is due to your luck of SA.  Ask, they will tell you  :rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 08:35:50 AM »
Shuffler......

Dude, honestly,  get some perspective.  There WILL be a WWI arena.  You can't change that.  A certain (not miniscule) percentage of the players are going to have a lot of fun playing in there a certain percentage of their time.  Some will stay there mostly, but most will be flying WWII as well.  Its just another place to have more fun of a slightly different flavor. More fun is always better than less fun.  If you don't like WWI, then don't let it concern you.   HTC ain't dumb, they know they gotta dance with who brung'em.  WWII will always be teir main focus.  The amount of effort that HTC spends on it in small and most of that is directly transferable to WWII after it has its bugs shaken out in the WWI arena.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion, even when its negative.  But at some point that becomes an unhealthy obsession.  You are quickly becoming the "Stiglr" of the WWI threads.  Is that the role you really want to play?

Regards,
Wab

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:37:54 AM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »
It seems to take a while flying to get a feel for it.

I think this is key.

- oldman

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »
It's an internet thing.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 08:44:12 AM »
OK.  One of the times I got rammed I was climbing and stalled when the guy hit me.  Then, damaged, I was in almost level flight desceding to land when he rammed me again from behind.

The other time I was also damaged and trying to land when one, two, three guys rammed me from behind right in a row.  I might have contributed to one of those by pulling up into him.  :D

Still, I mean come on... you're chasing a damaged plane and closing on him and you're soooo greedy for the kill you can't pull up to avoid the collision?

I guess my point is why penalize the guy getting hit by giving both planes damage?  IIRC it's always been the plane doing the ramming getting the damage in the LWA's.  I don't recall a buff going down by being rammed from behind.  If they did certain people would do it all the time.  Is this one of the changes to the damage model?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 08:44:30 AM »
Did anybody even notice that on the WWI arena it's "both take damage" most of the time? ;)

The slow speeds result in much less disparity between two user's front ends (and many collisions even happen at or close to stall speeds), hence mutual collisions on both sides.
But instead of the old "but both should take damage in a collision!" it's now the next logical step: "But the collision was not my fault!, why do I get damage?"  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »
OK.  One of the times I got rammed I was climbing and stalled when the guy hit me.  

isnt that called a brake job??

The other time I was also damaged and trying to land when one, two, three guys rammed me from behind right in a row.  I might have contributed to one of those by pulling up into him.  :D

Also a brake job. so you gave these people a brake job and you dont expect to get rear-end?? funny stuff!!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »
Did anybody even notice that on the WWI arena it's "both take damage" most of the time? ;)

This is true.  Of the three collisions last night, only one was just my collision.  Interesting info Lusche.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »
Was chasing Krupinski around last night, he went into a sideslip to push me out in front of him, inadvertently ran right into him lol........I swear he stopped real quick (not as quick as I did when I hit him tho). They happen, and yep, a lot of instances of both of you getting it lol......

I'm loving the close in fighting, no extending and b and z in ww1 it appears lol........saw a couple of planes try it on me last night, and just watched em coming in and waited for wings off..... :D

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.