Author Topic: WWI "Rules"  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: WWI "Rules"
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 11:55:35 PM »
And this pic I took right after I ditched. Yes, that's from this very collision of ours:

(Image removed from quote.)

The pilot doesn't look very amused in that screenshot.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »

ack-ack

The damage is coming out of his paycheque.

Luckily, a few sticks and a tarp and he should be good to go  :D
Just some guy

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2010, 04:22:22 AM »

ack-ack

I think he's finally realizing that he will get shot when he gets back to the airfield. Because according to a standing order by Generalfeldmarschall von Skuzzmeister: "A ditch is a death in the WWI arenas".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2010, 04:30:37 AM »
I'm absolutely convinced that almost all of them didn't want to "ram" you at all. As the planes, their FM's, speeds, guns and distances are completely different from WWII MA's, collisions are just going to happen a lot. And don't forget the horrid front views those biplanes have. It's quite easy to run into someone that you never saw, because your upper wing blocked the view. I'm quite iften guessing myself where that con just in front of me suddenly went to...
Collisions were causing many, if not most of my deaths there so far, and it's not that I had been completely "innocent".

well i see some many ho attempts they can't help ramming. good pilots try aCM but they out numbered by ho 'ers 10 to 1 so far

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »
I think he's finally realizing that he will get shot when he gets back to the airfield. Because according to a standing order by Generalfeldmarschall von Skuzzmeister: "A ditch is a death in the WWI arenas".

If you look closely at the screenshot, his eyes appear to be rather wide like he just had a "D'OH!" moment as he realized his eventual fate when he got back to base.  Poor Bruno, he's not going to get his Blue Max today.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »
Ive had times where Id see a face full of plane 2 inches away, then turn to avoid collision, then crash into the dirt
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force