Author Topic: WWI "Rules"  (Read 3116 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
WWI "Rules"
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
So far I love the WWI arena.

What I'm dissapointed with so far is the number of people ramming you.  I got rammed from behind twice by the same guy on the same sortie tonight then later got rammed from behind by three different guys in less than a minute.  The real dissapointment with this is that I get a collision message and damage for doing nothing but flying my plane.  Can you change it so if your rammed from behind they take the damage and you don't?

I also don't like the ditch is a death rule.  Why change it in this arena vs. any other?  Especially if there's going to be scores and ranking which I'm also not too happy about.  Stats are fine.  Get rid of the scores and ranks in WWI and give a guy a non-death ditch.  You can't get enough distance from the furball and if you can put it down in that crazyness damaged you deserve the ditch.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:56:58 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: WWI "Rules"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »
So far I love the WWI arena.

What I'm dissapointed with so far is the number of people ramming you.

I'm absolutely convinced that almost all of them didn't want to "ram" you at all. As the planes, their FM's, speeds, guns and distances are completely different from WWII MA's, collisions are just going to happen a lot. And don't forget the horrid front views those biplanes have. It's quite easy to run into someone that you never saw, because your upper wing blocked the view. I'm quite iften guessing myself where that con just in front of me suddenly went to...
Collisions were causing many, if not most of my deaths there so far, and it's not that I had been completely "innocent".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
 I got rammed from behind twice by the same guy....then later got rammed from behind by three different guys in less than a minute.  

Sounds like a personal problem to me  :O

Maybe I need to get online and try the WW1 arena out
Tours 86 - 296

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »

I also don't like the ditch is a death rule.  Why change it in this arena vs. any other?  

I'm sure that the ditch rule was changed simply because at the low speeds we see in WW1, a fatally damaged craft can actually hit the ground at a low enough speed to survive the crash.

I've seen both Brewsters and I16s survive what would have been fatal damage.

The new ditch rule doesn't bother me at all...

Besides, who cares anyway?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:08:32 PM »
The new ditch rule doesn't bother me at all...

Besides, who cares anyway?

Besides I might add that the new rule is the same for all. Nobody gets any advantage "especially as there are going to be score and stats" ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »
I haven't managed to fly the WWI planes much yet but ...they are pretty fluffy so I belive it will take some time to accustom to the FM till then and the fact that there is huge amounts of planes in the one area this will be a problem for only a week or two
......the only convincing death I had was thanks to ghosth...that guy is a WWI freak...my pilot was making all kinds of horrid sounds till the head shot came.....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:11:19 PM by SPKmes »

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »
Complain Complain Complain give HTC a break everyone kept bugging them about the WWI release date now they are complaining give HTC a week or so before you complain i'm sure they are real busy on working on the bugs. Just Saying

And i was told this and thought i let you guys know, I'm sure you noticed that theres know bailing out of the planes and thats because there was no parchutes in WWI so if your plane was crashing you would die theres no jumping out

Great Work HTC keep up the good work
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
<animal house>
RAMMING SPEED!
</animal house>
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 12:10:40 AM »
WWI rules for those who dislike WWII.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 12:17:26 AM »
I got rammed from behind twice by the same guy on the same sortie tonight then later got rammed from behind by three different guys in less than a minute.

Sure you not getting AH confused with prison?

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
MA: High speed, average latency, more separation, less maneuvering, powerful guns lethal past 600 yds.
WW1 test: Low speed, average latency, less separation, more maneuvering, anemic guns lethal up to 200 yds.

Collisions are going to happen more often here.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 01:08:16 AM »

Wow Shuf for a grown man I have NEVER seen such a load of sour grapes, I mean sheez EVERY thread, give it a rest you making a real "goof" out of yourself and I never found you to be that before.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »
Sure you not getting AH confused with prison?
  :neener:         :bolt:

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37:01 AM »
I haven't flown this much in a main arena in a long time, and right now I'm thoroughly enjoying WW1. I like the way the valves float when you over rev the engine just too cool. :aok The damage model is nice, and the four planes that we have are pretty evenly matched. The DVII does seem to be the preferred ride, and for me that's mainly because I can see out of it the best. The Dr1 is loads of fun I just can't see anything out the front same for the Camel. Collisions are going to happen more frequently because of the tight turning radius, and the slow speed. I don't give a hoot about the ditch thing. I'm here for the fights.

Sure there are some dweebs that fly like it's the DA. hovering above the fight then as soon as you're engaged they go for the pick, and as soon as they get two kills they bug for home so they can get their name in lights. One of the best things though is if you have a little patience and fly a smart fight their lack of skill becomes apparent, and usually they are a fairly easy kill.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 02:13:41 AM »
So you make sure you hit all  WWI post's to put it down?In case you have not noticed a lot of people like it.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs