Author Topic: WWI Gunnery is currently very optimistic  (Read 350 times)

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
WWI Gunnery is currently very optimistic
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »
I just spent some time in the Arena getting visible damage (smoke) on enemy planes from the F2b gunner position at ranges between 400 and 800 yards.  Conversely, my F2b was repeatedly picked apart by cons at the same distance.  I take HT's assurance that the ballistics are accurate.  So that means some factors needed to produce historical outcomes are missing. It is already apparent in the WWII arenas, but it becomes painfully obvious in WWI.  The introduction of the WWI plane set is a good opportunity to find out what those factors might be and work them in.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: WWI Gunnery is currently very optimistic
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
No atmosphere, no wind, no slipstreams, no death if you miss. I'm shooting 10%, and I can't manage hits beyond 400, with no decent results past 200. I want those kinds of results.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »
Just hold down the trigger.  That's one of those factors right there :)  You name a few more.  Cohesion between the guns and their platform is another.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »
I understand where you are coming from Miska, the tail gun on the F2b is all over the place, when they are shooting straight shots. But if you think about it, it is fair. They have to move the whole plane to aim at you, all you have to do is move the gun. The tail gun is still pretty nice, I was able to get 4 kills flying through a hoard.