Author Topic: I see some problems with WW1  (Read 4051 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: I see some problems with WW1
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »
I respectfully disagree Fugi, I think everyone in a furball needs the protection of friends and teammates around them, otherwise they would get gangbanged repeatedly without a hope. I do not think that people like to furball because they incapable of fighting alone, I think they do it because it is chaos, and chaos is unpredictable, and unpredictable past times are always long-lived and entertaining.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 06:35:41 PM »
All good fun to me, but then again, I am a horrible pilot.
But if you die, there's that sweet little dot command...
.eject [gameid] 
:)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
I respectfully disagree Fugi, I think everyone in a furball needs the protection of friends and teammates around them, otherwise they would get gangbanged repeatedly without a hope. I do not think that people like to furball because they incapable of fighting alone, I think they do it because it is chaos, and chaos is unpredictable, and unpredictable past times are always long-lived and entertaining.

You could be right. Although too often I see names of those I've seen hiding in the hordes in WWII arenas and that is where I base my comments from. Like I said I'm sure there are those that like the chaos of a furball, but I still think many are hiding there, or think those are the only enemy planes around.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
The primary issue I see is that (for the most part) everyone ups and goes charging at the closest red guys. I know that not everyone does that, but it is the norm for the WW1 arenas. I have asked for and had several good 1 v 1's in the WW1 arenas so that is certainly a viable option for those who want a 1v1 fight.

A point I'd like to bring up is, I think HTC did a very good job with the Ack at the bases to stop vulching.

So that brings me to my proposed arena change. I'd like to see a trench line between the countries with ack on both sides. I feel this would move the action closer to the center of the map without unduly impacting flight times to the fight. And to avoid the "it will take to long to get to the fight" arguments, think about this, it takes a Dr1, (from spawn to center of the map at 2,000 feet) 5:30. That's the same amount of time it takes to fly directly to the closest country base now. 

I don't think this will stop the behavior of hoarding, but it will move the fights closer to the center of the map, and hopefully reduce the tendency to rush straight at the closest red guy.

:salute  Flame away!
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »
To add to Baumers idea, you'll end up with dogfights near the end of the fence.

Currently the hardest part I've found is once I have a couple of kills, is trying to get out.
The "ack fence" gives you a chance to do that.

Now, if and only "IF" you eventually wanted more.
Put a barrage balloon near. every ack, the balloon tells you where the ack is going to be. Tie the 2 together, so that if you kill the balloon, you take down the ack for 15 min. Ideally the balloon should be just at the edge of the Acks range. So it "can" be done, especially with 2 or more guys working together. But it isn't easy, or without risk.

So now if they won't come out of the ack, you can take the acks out. You have a point to attack, and defend.
Much like an Aircraft carrier in WWII.

Furballs can and will still happen.
Guys who want more can get more without getting into "win the war" scenarios.
Or without taking anything away from the furball.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 07:44:41 PM »
I find it interesting people are already trying to devise 'tactics' the reason this is great fun is its pure reactionary fighting you see it you fight it, theres no running away, you kill or be killed. Some people in this game are always trying to find ways to avoid the point of the game for the sake of score. One thing I've noticed in these mad furballs is you don't need the best pilots in the game around you in say a 10 v 10 to collectively win that fight, just people who are willing to help out and fight as a team (looking after each others tails)   :salute

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 07:48:03 PM »
I think they do it because it is chaos, and chaos is unpredictable, and unpredictable past times are always long-lived and entertaining.

+ 1  :aok

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
Skuzzy, if this community could police itself in any fashion, you would suddenly have a lot more time on your hands.

I'm with Del on this one. :aok
Any more I see a lot of 2 vs 2 separated off into 2K apart 1 vs 1's and the guy getting owned in his 1 vs 1 will run away to go pick the other 1 vs 1.
Completely lame in my eyes. But why would they actually learn any real ACM when they can just run around picking all night??
It's gotten a lot worse in the past couple years and getting really bad as of late.
I'm also certain that age factors into this equation somehow.

Just my opinion :old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »
To add to Baumers idea, you'll end up with dogfights near the end of the fence.

Currently the hardest part I've found is once I have a couple of kills, is trying to get out.
The "ack fence" gives you a chance to do that.

Now, if and only "IF" you eventually wanted more.
Put a barrage balloon near. every ack, the balloon tells you where the ack is going to be. Tie the 2 together, so that if you kill the balloon, you take down the ack for 15 min. Ideally the balloon should be just at the edge of the Acks range. So it "can" be done, especially with 2 or more guys working together. But it isn't easy, or without risk.

So now if they won't come out of the ack, you can take the acks out. You have a point to attack, and defend.
Much like an Aircraft carrier in WWII.

Furballs can and will still happen.
Guys who want more can get more without getting into "win the war" scenarios.
Or without taking anything away from the furball.

I like both Baumers and Ghosth's ideas.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
I just got picked having a 1 on 1 in the middle...sigh some tard named frog
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »
In regards to 'hoarding' its simply a side effect of who won the last mini furball and all the furballs almost eventually end in a total victory for one side or another. And two how the guys who died in that furball choose to re-engage when they reup The longer and closer you are to the enemy base the more chance there is of your guys getting beaten because the enemy can get to the fight quicker after they get shot down.

A simple solution to that is simply to not fly back into the furball in ones and twos just circle and wait for the rest of your side in the furball to reup before attacking the enemy will naturally keep heading for your base. The team that fights closer to their base with even numbers will always have an advantage. Obviously this requires a collective decision that not all will follow, but it does mean with a little patience the fight isn't hideously lop sided.

If 2 guys fly into a swarm of 20-30 nme they can't really complain about being hoarded.  :aok
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:14:53 PM by pervert »

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »
No hoarding is a result of five or six guys flying directly to the loan red dot and proceeding to show their uber skills in defeating said loan enemy.   
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
No hoarding is a result of five or six guys flying directly to the loan red dot and proceeding to show their uber skills in defeating said loan enemy.   

right, if one guy calls the lone bogie AND....heres the biggie... the other 5 guys RESPECT that and wait for more in coming, the horde would disappear.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 11:28:47 PM »
if someone calls the guy, leave him to get it. if he calls for assistance, one or two guys can some assist, not every ally. I dont mind 2 or 3 guys on my tail at once, but when i have 17 (:uhoh :eek: :x :noid)guys on me at once, thats a bit annoying
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 01:45:35 AM »
I agree with pervert completely. He speaks it exactly how it is. If I see two guys fighting it out 2.0k away from the main furball I will stay out and go on to the next group of cons. But here comes the real problem. You stay out of a fight in the middle of the furball and go to the next con. Soon after, the enemy your mate was fighting wins, then comes scooting over and picks you while you are engaged yourself. This happens more often than not. So in a furball it is a matter of kill or be killed.

Baumer's idea would actualy make it worse for the guys who don't like furballing, as there would be no place to go that is quiet. As it is now, the furballs happen between the bases, and the center is used for dueling. With ack fences it would mean there was even less space to go for a nice quiet fight.

Ya know....there is a DA for one on one's but then nobody who wants a one on one ever seems to go to the DA. I just don't understand that part. If you want one on one fights so badly why the heck don't you go to the correct location?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:48:33 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.