Author Topic: If I happen to HO you  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
Re: If I happen to HO you
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
Well, I've been playing this game considerably longer than you have

Sure, and you've spent a LOT more time on the forums. I could tell without looking by the way you didn't bother to actually read, much less take in, any of the posts you responded to and just went straight for canned patronizing knee-jerk # 37 in true Old Fart fashion, just like I'm sure you do every time this and many other subjects come up.

And like many other veteran forum champions, I notice you don't get much stick time in these days either. Maybe you should find another hobby that still engages you. Aside from being a forum blowhard, I mean.

Anyway, if I meet you in the MA and you're in a 110G2 and I'm in a Zeke or Brewster, and you get one chance to HO and don't do it, you'll be contemplating your courtly honor and the sad lack of it among those darn kids today all the way to the ground - not because of my skill, because of your fooolishness and overestimation of your own skill.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »
Actually, most people would do just about anything possible to not put themselves in front of a gun barrel if this were "for real"...

<S>
You never watch "dogfights"?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:04 PM »
Sure, and you've spent a LOT more time on the forums. I could tell without looking by the way you didn't bother to actually read, much less take in, any of the posts you responded to and just went straight for canned patronizing knee-jerk # 37 in true Old Fart fashion, just like I'm sure you do every time this and many other subjects come up.

And like many other veteran forum champions, I notice you don't get much stick time in these days either. Maybe you should find another hobby that still engages you. Aside from being a forum blowhard, I mean.

Anyway, if I meet you in the MA and you're in a 110G2 and I'm in a Zeke or Brewster, and you get one chance to HO and don't do it, you'll be contemplating your courtly honor and the sad lack of it among those darn kids today all the way to the ground - not because of my skill, because of your fooolishness and overestimation of your own skill.
Lol, unlike you I have a life outside the game. Other than running your mouth, what else do you do? A little too sensitive for this game or the forum for that matter.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »
Lol, unlike you I have a life outside the game. Other than running your mouth, what else do you do? A little too sensitive for this game or the forum for that matter.

Just because you're insensitive doesn't mean the rest of us desire to be talked down to.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
Just because you're insensitive doesn't mean the rest of us desire to be talked down to.
I was only talking to one person, not you.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:55 PM »
I was only talking to one person, not you.

That's what PMs are for, if you're worried about it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
That's what PMs are for, if you're worried about it.
I'm not

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2010, 05:05:46 AM »
Behold the clueless

One can only hope your HO evading skills are better than your wit.  :rofl
But most likely, they aren't, and thus your presence here.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 06:13:40 AM »
One can only hope your HO evading skills are better than your wit.  :rofl
But most likely, they aren't, and thus your presence here.

So then why respond to Bear at all?   

:devil Bear.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 06:23:07 AM »
Let me see.  There are 35 pages in reference to Hoing.  That does not include other searches such as HO, Hoer etc.  I would think that there are more interesting things to talk about.  Get over it and play the game or go play a  first person shooter.  Then you can complain or explain Head Shots.

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2010, 06:39:48 AM »
So then why respond to Bear at all?   

:devil Bear.   

I guess because he started it.   :D

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »
I just don't understand all this consternation. I mean, the revealing garb, the offer of immediate gratification for cash, the slim chance of a venereal disease...

What's not to like about the Ho?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2010, 08:29:04 AM »
No, if the victim had the opportunity to take a shot and didn't it's a HO. The front quarter shot isn't on an initial merge, or a subsequent re-merge after a long extension, it's where one pilot gets his nose around quicker and is still close enough to take the shot before the other guy possibly can, or after you've roped somebody and they're still pointed more or less up at you but they're obviously stalling and will not be able to bring guns to bear.

(Of course the first type immediately turns into a HO situation if you don't kill him with your first shot, so you'd better be sure you can. But I would still distinguish a shot that you should be able to make but is high-risk if you blow it, from a shot that is high-risk even if you execute perfectly.)

People see little difference between a HO and a 'front quarter shot' especially on a 1st merge thats what they will try and explain it away as, depending on the situation I'll take a front quarter shot ie the speed of the opponent if they have taken a longer path to avoid a collision I will not. The point I was making is that if we are flying say straight and level and I move to the side to avoid a collision it is not ok to say it wasn't a ho because you didn't have your guns on me (which is what a lot of people seem to think)