Author Topic: Perk the Spitfires  (Read 7118 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Perk the Spitfires
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
well if he messages me, we can reschedule, but if I dont haer a word from him, i win

It's 6pm now and I'm in the DA and you're not.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »
Interesting duels to say the least.  Think he learned that diving isn't the best counter.

ack-ack

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
Interesting duels to say the least.  Think he learned that diving isn't the best counter.

ack-ack
I got u once
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
Film??
See Rule #4

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
Film??

I just wanna know his Game ID  :lol

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »
I went to the DA when this took place and even rode along with Ack-Ack for one of his fights. When I left it was 5-0 Ack-Ack.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
I got him once. I filmed the hole thing, just have to figure out how to post it
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »
Sure you do cobra, you got owned, admit it.

Score one for the Ackmeister!

-Penguin

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »
one fight of about 6, he did well

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
I got u once

The only time you got me is when you insisted I fly a D.VII against you in a P-38, in a fight that amounted to you extending d2.0 out and then doing a 180 degree turn and coming back for a head on pass.  Unfortunately, I was not able to roll my World War I plane fast enough to avoid your 2nd or 3rd HO attempt and got hit in the wings and engine.  That was the only time you won.

Film??

Yeah, got about 6 or 7 films that show him diving on merge and either stalling out and crashing because he couldn't keep out of an accelerated stall or my saddling up on his six and shooting individual pieces of his plane before finishing him off.  He even called for me to break off after I saddled up, apparently I wasn't allowed to get on his six because it was unfair.  When I upped a Mossie against his P-51D, he actually told me to dump my ammo into the ground...not just some of it but all of it.  When I refused, he then insisted I not shoot at him.  I finally relented and agreed to dump my ammo but informed him that I will not dump it into the ground but rather will dump it into his plane.

Nor would he follow the agreement of we had established in this thread of co-altitude duels, only for the first few did but then later would come in 5k or more at the merge and HOing each and every time.  

I hope he filmed the fights as well and watches the films so he can see where he lost the fights.  If he can't figure out where he lost it, I'll help out by saying that he lost the fights at the merge.  He insisted on only trying to use a head on merge, firing all the way through.  With the exception of the D.VII fight, his head on merge was easy to avoid and then it was just a matter of doing a basic Immelman Turn to saddle up on his six and get the kill.

Honestly, if he took the time out to read and learn BFM as well as the all important ACM, he has the potential of possibly becoming more than just your average MA cannon fodder but he has to learn to take a critical eye on his flying and see what he is doing wrong instead of trying to orchistrate each fight to ensure he as an advantage.  He isn't always going to run into a D.VII in a P-38J.

He would really benefit from Shaw's book (though he may need to get a little more experience so he could understand the terms in Shaw's book) and from going to Netaces.org and the AH training site.  The first thing he should do is seek out a trainer to get the ball rolling.

I just wanna know his Game ID  :lol

Cobra.

ack-ack

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
LOL the fight I saw he (Ack-Ack) owned you, and probably didn't even have to put down his drink.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2010, 10:06:22 PM »
The only time you got me is when you insisted I fly a D.VII against you in a P-38, in a fight that amounted to you extending d2.0 out and then doing a 180 degree turn and coming back for a head on pass.  Unfortunately, I was not able to roll my World War I plane fast enough to avoid your 2nd or 3rd HO attempt and got hit in the wings and engine.  That was the only time you won.

Yeah, got about 6 or 7 films that show him diving on merge and either stalling out and crashing because he couldn't keep out of an accelerated stall or my saddling up on his six and shooting individual pieces of his plane before finishing him off.  He even called for me to break off after I saddled up, apparently I wasn't allowed to get on his six because it was unfair.  When I upped a Mossie against his P-51D, he actually told me to dump my ammo into the ground...not just some of it but all of it.  When I refused, he then insisted I not shoot at him.  I finally relented and agreed to dump my ammo but informed him that I will not dump it into the ground but rather will dump it into his plane.

Nor would he follow the agreement of we had established in this thread of co-altitude duels, only for the first few did but then later would come in 5k or more at the merge and HOing each and every time. 

I hope he filmed the fights as well and watches the films so he can see where he lost the fights.  If he can't figure out where he lost it, I'll help out by saying that he lost the fights at the merge.  He insisted on only trying to use a head on merge, firing all the way through.  With the exception of the D.VII fight, his head on merge was easy to avoid and then it was just a matter of doing a basic Immelman Turn to saddle up on his six and get the kill.

Honestly, if he took the time out to read and learn BFM as well as the all important ACM, he has the potential of possibly becoming more than just your average MA cannon fodder but he has to learn to take a critical eye on his flying and see what he is doing wrong instead of trying to orchistrate each fight to ensure he as an advantage.  He isn't always going to run into a D.VII in a P-38J.

He would really benefit from Shaw's book (though he may need to get a little more experience so he could understand the terms in Shaw's book) and from going to Netaces.org and the AH training site.  The first thing he should do is seek out a trainer to get the ball rolling.

Cobra.

ack-ack
Well everytime I try any maneuber, I spin out despite having E flyin out my ears. did you change something to give you an advantage, ack ack

and I saw you warp a lot

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »
Why is it that every time a squeaker gets his head handed to him he has some lame arse excuse?
He out flew you plain and simple. If you would shut your mouth and actually try to learn something maybe, just maybe you might put up a decent fight someday, but I highly doubt it.

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »
one obvious thing is the planes dont handle as they do in real life

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2010, 10:13:22 PM »
Lol, are you serious? I've killed a Spit XIV in a P-40, and thats the most BA spit there is :banana:. They're nothing more than gnats buzzing around unless flown by an ace, or they get you when low and slow.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th