Author Topic: Saving head settings  (Read 614 times)

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
Saving head settings
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »
Ok so I looked in the  search.  I am sure that this has been covered before, but I could not find it.  I am fixing to get a new computer, the last time I had to do this I spent a week trying to get all my headsettings back to where I wanted them, and still have not got them all back.  So here is the question how do I save my settings for my joystick, and most importantly my headsettings?
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Saving head settings
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
For joystick mappings try
AcesHighII\stickdef

and for the head positions try
AcesHighII\settings\planes\*.hps (not sure what the .pwl files are)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
. lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggg
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:28:26 PM by SPKmes »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »
I'd say try putting your folders to a USB stick...obviously dependent on your stick size you could prioritize....so most I think would hold...from your hightech creations folder just save whole folders....stickdef--settings---sights----sounds..... three of your bigger ones--- skins,films and terrains...well you would have to find something that could hold that much info or just re load the terrains and skins manually with the new install.....portable hard drive would work..... then just place them in the folder of your new install

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »
Memory stick, copy to another computer, burn it to a CD. Put it on a second hard drive, all of the above.

I've got backups going back to 02, including terrains, entire settings folder, sights folder, etc.

Settings folder should only be about 1.2 MB or so, similar for Sights unless you have loads.
Terrains will take up more space, but they are optional.

With the low cost of SD or SDHC cards and USB adapters or readers you could even backup to an SD card.
Some of the current crop of SD cards are shipping with an adapter that looks like a usb stick, only it has a slot in the other end for SD card.

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »
Thanks guys I just did it.  I am getting a new computer, a really B/A gaming pooper.  My brother in law built it, and it is fast.  He built it 1 year ago and put everything that he could put in it.  Most of the trainers know the probs I have had with this brand new POS that I have.  Too slow, low frame rates, horrid graphics, and the like.  It is bad when I roll over on a bombing run line up on where I think the target is but cant see the actual target till I get below 2000 feet.  Hard to have fun when you cant Dog Fight because anytime you get around other planes your frame rate drops to the teens.  Cant wait till I get this new machine. :banana: :cheers: :x
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »
 I've used online email storage as well,something like H0tmail or Gmail and put a copy in my drafts folder.

Just save the settings and sights,if you have additional site that is.

I've just done 2 complete reinstalls of AH and other than 1 glitch it took but seconds to be up and running.

:salute