Author Topic: Skuzzy Paint Your Cooper !!  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Skuzzy Paint Your Cooper !!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 10:42:06 AM »
Skuzzy, if I ever can get down there, I'd like to try that bad boy on a track (if there's any near ya).    Coopers just look like "fun to drive".   While I don't have one, I was all for getting one until the "wife ack" shot it down.    :cry

BTW for those inquiring about a Mini Cooper's safety rating.   Read this:

"The 2010 Mini Cooper does well in government crash tests, earning four out of five stars for driver and passenger protection in a front end crash tests as well as for rear passenger protection in a side impact crash tests. Even better, it receives the top score of five stars for front passenger protection in a side impact collision. In rollover testing, it earns a five-star rating, which means it has only a 10 percent chance of rollover in a single vehicle crash -- a score that is excellent for the class."

I can name "mid size cars" that are more unsafe than this.   Coopers are very good for safety.   Christ, Mini is owned by BMW.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
I do not take it out for roundy-round racing, but there are a few autocross events a year I go to.  The next one is in College Station in the first week of May.  I'll be following a bunch of Cobras down to it.  I stay off the track when they are out, and they stay off the track when I am out. 

Great bunch of guys.  I usually beat out thier times by 2 or 3 seconds.  Last year I finished up third overall.  I was on street tires.  This year I will be on racing slicks and lighter wheels.  Should help improve the time.

BMW does not just own Mini either.  BMW designed the current generation of Mini from the ground up.  The engine is an interesting story.  BMW had no expertise in doing small 4 cylinder engines so they contracted Peugeot to design the block and lower end of the engine.  BMW designed the head.  The final engine assembly is done in Japan or France.  The car is still built in a state of the art facility in Oxford, England.

They are coming out with a new coupe later this year.  It looks slick.  Better aerodynamics, and 150 pounds lighter than the regular Cooper.  From the beltline down it is still Cooper.  It is just a new roof and roofline.  Looks like it is wearing a baseball cap backwards.  Should get better gas mileage and better performance.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »
Ive only driven a n/a 1.6l rental but it was such a blast to drive. fantastic steering, plenty of feel and really pointy. great ride too - stiff enough so it doesnt roll too much but compliant enough to deal with our dreadful potholed, ridged, broken roads. :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »
I do not take it out for roundy-round racing, but there are a few autocross events a year I go to.  The next one is in College Station in the first week of May.  I'll be following a bunch of Cobras down to it.  I stay off the track when they are out, and they stay off the track when I am out.  

Great bunch of guys.  I usually beat out thier times by 2 or 3 seconds.  Last year I finished up third overall.  I was on street tires.  This year I will be on racing slicks and lighter wheels.  Should help improve the time.

BMW does not just own Mini either.  BMW designed the current generation of Mini from the ground up.  The engine is an interesting story.  BMW had no expertise in doing small 4 cylinder engines so they contracted Peugeot to design the block and lower end of the engine.  BMW designed the head.  The final engine assembly is done in Japan or France.  The car is still built in a state of the art facility in Oxford, England.

They are coming out with a new coupe later this year.  It looks slick.  Better aerodynamics, and 150 pounds lighter than the regular Cooper.  From the beltline down it is still Cooper.  It is just a new roof and roofline.  Looks like it is wearing a baseball cap backwards.  Should get better gas mileage and better performance.

Where in College Station? Do you have a link... sounds interesting.

The Camarofest is April 15th weekend... but way over in Georgia.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
At Texas World Speedway.  No link, I am aware of.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
Skuzzy is this how your Mini was delivered to your house???

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »
Who knows what they are packed in, besides being coated in Cosmoline.  I picked mine up at the dealer and it was ready to go.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »
Cooper is one of the few new cars that stands out in a crowd of 'jellybean' look-alikes.

I'd get one if I could.
Problem I have is .. for a few bucks more I can have an older Vette  ..and there just isn't any comparison at that point.

-GE aka Frank
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE