Author Topic: B25 level bomber with atleast a tail gun.  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
B25 level bomber with atleast a tail gun.
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »
I have no idea if they had any but from what I can gather there were plenty of variants on the b25. I am just thinking it would be nice to have a b25 with a defensive gun that can guard against a dead six attack so I dont have to fly with a gunner to make use of the top turret.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: B25 level bomber with atleast a tail gun.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
+1

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
I dont know squat about the other in game b25, but the b25h which I fly a lot has tail gun, 2 waist guns, and a top gun.
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:23:55 PM »
The B25-C did not come out with the gun package that the B25-H & the later model B25-J. After the H&J'S came out a number of units changed the B25-C models to incorporate the gun packages of the H&J. If we get the perk for ords option maybe this could be used to change the C model & infact even the Boston.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »
I have no idea if they had any but from what I can gather there were plenty of variants on the b25. I am just thinking it would be nice to have a b25 with a defensive gun that can guard against a dead six attack so I dont have to fly with a gunner to make use of the top turret.
Here is how you beat a enemy con on your dead six that stays below your top gun. Pull the nose up & lock it in on a slow climb now all of your guns are looking right at him.

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
i would like that without the perked ords (which would suck entirely)
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »
No need to add guns to the -C model. That just screws up balances for early war setups/scenarios.

I'd much rather just have the J model added on top of what we already have.

For one, I would love to have that extra pair of tail guns in MA flying, but the biggest thing I'd love would be a 12-gun nose! (yeah, yeah, no guarantee we'd get a strafer model, but either way I'd be happy with SOME sort of J-model)

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
No need to add guns to the -C model. That just screws up balances for early war setups/scenarios.

I'd much rather just have the J model added on top of what we already have.

For one, I would love to have that extra pair of tail guns in MA flying, but the biggest thing I'd love would be a 12-gun nose! (yeah, yeah, no guarantee we'd get a strafer model, but either way I'd be happy with SOME sort of J-model)
we have a strafer model. the c model can be set up for strafing, and the H model has gots a giant cannon in da nose. what more could you want?
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 11:55:50 PM »
The B25-C did not come out with the gun package that the B25-H & the later model B25-J. After the H&J'S came out a number of units changed the B25-C models to incorporate the gun packages of the H&J. If we get the perk for ords option maybe this could be used to change the C model & infact even the Boston.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Boston ventral gun (in the photo) was electronically fired meant to scare away nme planes no aiming capabilities
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 11:58:51 PM »
we have a strafer model. the c model can be set up for strafing, and the H model has gots a giant cannon in da nose. what more could you want?

There is not just "one" strafer model. I was talking about a B-25J the option for a solid 12-gun nose, but retaining the defensive armaments similar to the B-25H.

That's quite a bit different from our B-25C with an 8-gun solid nose, and no tail or side guns.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:07:22 AM »
no aiming capabilities
If there on your dead 6 it wont matter.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 01:59:23 AM »
I'd really love to have the B25J, however, I'd also like to have the B26 updated which would basically be a slightly better B25J. (although it's not as sexy as the B25)
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »
The B-25 should have more then just a tail gun,it was able to have torpedoes.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 03:02:52 AM »
The B-25 should have more then just a tail gun,it was able to have torpedoes.

Not sure if they ever used them operationally though. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member