Author Topic: Mustang Mk I  (Read 9244 times)

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
Re: Mustang Mk I
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »
I was being sarcastis. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PONY!!!!!!
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2010, 11:07:26 PM »
I don't think there is a "facepalm' big enough for this.

The Jesus face palm.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2010, 11:08:03 PM »
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:46 PM »
What the people seem to want is a p51 with cannons because they are frustrated that the few hits they land dont frag their target and thus cannons would not hinder their timid bnz but simply enhance it in their mind. I say this because most p51's will extend much to far away before coming back in to be effective and their gunnery is generally botched. I also almost never see these mustangs perform any sort of acm like a rolling scissors they just pick and run so cannon would slow them down a couple mph and remove some roll they weren't using anyways. These cannons will merely give them more punch and less lead needed to land the kill. I for one say throw that bad boy in I want to see a perked 51 that every bnz mustang pilot saves his perks to fly and then die terribly in because the plane is just that much slower to accelerate or turn or hell just has less ammo so they rtb sooner cause quite frankly I not afraid of a cannon bird any more than a 303 bird infact I am more afraid of planes like a spit1 or yakU because their small or weak ammo loads mean the pilot is confident in his gunnery and acm. I love my American planes like the f4u but for the most part I don't see alot of top tier players rolling face in them. Exception being the 38 which quite frankly is so American and yet so much more graceful than most of the American equipment. [sorry if I just became captain obvious in why so many oppose this plane idea.]

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010, 11:59:55 PM »
My guess as being a 51-B driver 90% of the time, is that Trash and Kingcobra have never even flown a B-model.  You both need to give up, as many have said the only real difference is point of origin.

Some 51 drivers will fight it out, I enjoy the low and slow fights in the 51.   Its very gratifying for me at least.  IMO those who do complain about BnZ tactics have yet figured out how to counter them.

As I have stated before, I'd love to see the Allison Powered 51 in AH, but no cannon birds.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »
The Jesus face palm.

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

Now from his perspective.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2010, 12:33:35 AM »
i already said ok to the Ju87 and 88 in my original post man... and the Val's fine the way it is...
There were more D3A2s built than D3A1s, fyi.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2010, 12:40:32 AM »
I was being sarcastis. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER PONY!!!!!!
I'll answer it for you.  The reason they are reacting that way is because the P-51B in AH has the Malcolm hood already, which if you'd ever looked at it you'd already know.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2010, 01:02:48 AM »
I want the P51 with the 37mm gun package.  :rock I surprized no one has ever mentioned that model  :headscratch:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »
What the people seem to want is a p51 with cannons because they are frustrated that the few hits they land dont frag their target and thus cannons would not hinder their timid bnz but simply enhance it in their mind. I say this because most p51's will extend much to far away before coming back in to be effective and their gunnery is generally botched. I also almost never see these mustangs perform any sort of acm like a rolling scissors they just pick and run

I'm not saying you're wrong but I love this mindset.

... I'll just do a hard break turn and that sissy 51 will go right by me.  Hah! There he goes, sissy! No way would he yoyo back down on my 6, coward 51!.  Wait, it almost looks like he chopped throttle and dropped flaps and is staying behind me.  No way, that's a 51, they always run. Oh shi... *boom*

**Steve has shot you down**

:rock
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:26:08 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2010, 05:21:09 AM »
But C comes after B so it must be better. :devil
See Rule #4

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
It's enough to make ya weep sometimes AKAK.  Absolutely amazing.  I think he's mixing up P51A with B and B with C.

OK which one is the Spitfire IX an which one is the Spitfire XVI?

Looks like the bottom one is the 16 model
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:23:59 AM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2010, 08:21:48 AM »
Please, tell us in which war the P-51H saw any combat action, let alone shot down any planes.  I'm very curious to know since the P-51H never saw any combat action in WW2 and was deemed unsuitable for combat operations in Korea.

And there is the reason for your ignorance.  If you had cared to find out this little nugget of information, you wouldn't sound like such an ignorant tool when you post about airplanes.

The B and the C are in the game as the C is the exact same plane as the B model.  If you want to fly the C model in the game, just take off in a B model and pretend it was built in Texas instead of California.  Now, you've got your C model.

You can find that information very readily in this forum.  I believe it was the Canadian squadrons that had the most success with the Mk XVI and the ones that scored most of the kills in this Spitfire.

By the way, the mistaken belief that the Spitfire Mk XVI only had less than 30 hours of combat service total is incorrectly based of the flight record of a single Spitfire Mk XVI (pictured below).  This particular Spitfire Mk XVI only had 24 hours of combat operations before the war ended, this is where the mistake stems from.  

*sigh*  

P-51B specifications
Model   P-51B
Production   1988
Plant   Inglewood, California
Length   32.25
Height   13.67
Wingspan   37.04
Weight - empty   6985
Weight - normal T.O.   9,800
Weight - max G.W.   11,800
Powerplant   Packard (Rolls Royce) V-1650-3, -7
Horsepower   1380, 1490
Propeller  -  Hamilton Standard 11'2" 4-blade  
Max Speed   439 mph at 25k feet
Service Ceiling   41,800
Fuel Capacity   180, 269
Drop Tanks   2x 75 or 2x 108
Range   1,180 and 1,900 w/DT
Armament   4x .50 cal. - 1260 rounds
(2) 1,000 lb bombs or rockets

P-51C specifications
Model   P-51C
Production  1750
Plant   Dallas, Texas
Length   32.25
Height   13.67
Wingspan   37.04
Weight - empty   6985
Weight - normal T.O.   9,800
Weight - max G.W.   11,800
Powerplant   Packard (Rolls Royce) V-1650-3, -7
Horsepower   1380, 1490
Propeller  -  Hamilton Standard 11'2" 4-blade  
Max Speed   439 mph at 25k feet
Service Ceiling   41,800
Fuel Capacity   180, 269
Drop Tanks   2x 75 or 2x 108
Range   1,180 and 1,900 w/DT
Armament   4x .50 cal. - 1260 rounds
(2) 1,000 lb bombs or rockets

Looking at the specifications for both the P-51B and the P-51C, tell us where the difference between the two planes are other than point of manufacturer.  In case you can't see it, I bolded your statement about the B and C having two different engines in the quote from you.  As you can see in the highlighted portion in the plane specifications, they both used the same Packard (Merlin) engine.

Seriously, can't you take some time to learn about the planes you fly in this game?

ack-ack

Then explain to me how and why spit 16 can be in the game with that little of combat hours, that's only a day and a few hours past. Every other plane in the war saw over atleast well over a year of combat. What's the name of the website? I want to see it, I've seen nothing at all when I search spit 16.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:25:45 AM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
Looks like the bottom one is the 16 model

You'd be wrong on that.  It's a Spitfire LFIXe.  The top one is a Spitfire LFXVIe.  Same airframe.  Only difference being the engine is an American made Packard Merlin 266 while the IXe had a Rolls Royce made Merlin 66.  Same performance, same bird.

The XVI went into service in late 44 btw seeing service with numerous squadrons of 2 TAF.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
Lol steve thats what I want the 51's to do I want them to scrub E mercilessly to try and stay with me. I can do a many a useful tactic to out turn or overshoot and land on their 6 for a bit just landing the hits from that super accelerating runstang is oh so difficult.